BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 02-21-2005, 11:35 PM   #41
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT & T
Default Where is the stuff?

Please Login to Remove!

I forget what url address that you can add some stuff on homescreen blackberry such as dictionary? I cant remember everything!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #42
campsean
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Default Could Not Open Tunnel - Failed

Installed trial version of Verichat for testing purposes before I buy full copy. Put in APN settings according to Cingular specs.

Opened Verichat and tried to log into AIM, got a message saying..

Could Not Open Tunnel - Failed.

What could be the reason why i'm getting that message?

I'm using a Cingular 7280 Blackberry if that helps somewhat.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 02-23-2005, 02:15 AM   #43
KuJaX

Model: 8100
PIN: Blackberry
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have t-mobile with BB7230

basically the "tmobile user name" and "tmobile password", is that the username and password I choose for my

[email address]?
Old 02-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #44
Pscobee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: cingular

Newb alert!!

I have a similar question for T-Mobile... do I use my phone # for the password or my balckberry login info?

Old 02-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #45
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Same login info as http://www.t-mobile.com/bwc/
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #46
dotMaKu

ok, i called nextel and activated my TCP/IP, telling them i wanted the static ip added on2 my account, even though i had to go to 6 people to know what i was talking bout, but yeah the guy said it will take 24 hours for it to get into affect. one question i have to ask is, was i suppose to get a username and passowrd so i can add it into the TCP options into my phone? was i suppose to do anything to my phone so it can take into affect?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #47
MadMax

Model: 7250
PIN: 32AAAB28
Carrier: Verizon
Default where to get 4.0.0.204?

Hey Mark,

Verizon has 4.0 on their site and it seems to work okay, but it is 4.0.0.171. You mentioned that for CDMA, I would need 204? Where can I find that?

TIA,

MadMax
Old 02-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #48
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Not available.
i.e. not possible to have a TCP/IP stack on 7750.

(At the moment I don't know if they'll ever release an update for the 7750.)
Old 02-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #49
MadMax

Ha. Okay Mark. Thanks. I don't even have the 7750, I have a 6750. Getting close to my 2 yr with Verizon, so I will either upgrade to the 7250 or bail and get a sidekick. I like the blackberry better, but it's been a hassle lately. I have access to a BES, but don't want to use it. I can browse and all that stuff, so mostly working. Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:17 PM   #50
MadMax

Hi Mark,
One more question...My contract-end is actually a year off, so I am stuck with this phone for a while. I can go back to BES to get the MDS availability, but I have a question about mail. When I have the BES set up, mail that I send from my pager is apparently actually sent from my corporate email address, so replies go to my Exchange Server, etc. Is there a way to use the BES/MDS without that happening? I want my emails to come from my blackberry address, not my work address. Maybe a configuration issue?

MadMax
Old 02-25-2005, 10:14 PM   #51
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

The 7250 is very user friendly, it is very easy to install Verichat on a Verizon 7250 just simply by typing:
http://www.verichat.com/ota/VeriChat.jad
Into the BlackBerry Internet Browser.

The download just takes 2 minutes on the Verizon. No hassles, presto, and it works right away! This actually works on an out-of-the-box Verizon, no configuration needed. You don't even need to enter any APN information.

Also, don't get a Sidekick before you read this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...t=498#post3494

Verizon lets you upgrade phones before your contract is finished - why not go for it? The 7250 is so vastly better than the 6750 in so many ways, much faster performing, has TCP/IP stack, etc.

You can also be set up on BES, and avoid using BES email. Just keep doing all your email through the BWC and ignore your BES. You can use BES only for MDS - for the use of TCP/IP internet access. You can change the "Using:" to "Web Client" instead of "Desktop", and you can make that your default, I believe. Just make sure others don't send any email to the email address you set up on your BES. (You could ask your administrator to set up a dummy email address on your BES, one that nobody else uses ... and keep using your existing corporate email address on your BWC, if you hate BES that much .... but I don't know why you would want to do that. The point is that you don't need to use email by BES)

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 03-15-2005 at 05:22 AM..
Old 02-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #52
MadMax

I'll probably wait on the upgrade. Too much money outlay lately But where is this Using: parameter you speak of? In the Redirector settings? Or somewhere on the BB itself?

MadMax
Old 02-28-2005, 02:11 AM   #53
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

OK I have spent the better part of the day trying to understand how all this internet access stuff on BBs work, but I'm still a little lost. Let me just spell out my situation for you and maybe someone could be kind enough to spell out an answer for me

I currently am on a standard ATT voice plan with some limited data usage per month (I forget the exact MB, but it's like a $7 option, and I don't use it much because i hate browsing on tiny phone screens). I want to get a BB 7290 and the unlimited BB plan, which I understand is $45 a month on top of my voice plan. Now here's the real question: when I configure my new BB to use the TCP/IP settings in this thread so all my apps can access the Internet without a BES, does that usage go through my unlimited BB plan, or do I have to have an additional standard data plan? If the latter, that really is not cool...for $45/month, I should have unlimited access to the whole Internet. Someone please clarify this for me.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #54
MadMax

Hi Mark. I don't hate BES, not really. I just don't want all my emails going to and from my bb to have to go through the BES first. I am the only user on the BES and if something happened to it, especially on a weekend, it would not be a high priority for IT to get it fixed. I wouldn't want my email connectivity to disappear, so I am VERY interested in what you said about using BES for the MDS only and having all email go the normal bwc route. How do I do that?

TIA
Max
Old 02-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #55
MadMax

Looking at my Service Books, I realized I didn't have an entry for WebClient(CMIME). Sent another one from my bwc and now the Using: comment makes sense. Just need to figure out how to make it my default and I will be a happy camper until I can afford to step up to a new bb with a color screen. :D
Old 03-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #56
MadMax

Hi Mark. I received a sidekick 2 today. Not for me, but for my wife. My daugher has one and most of the people at CSDF have one so I couldn't talk her into a blackberry. I had a deal where I could get a 957 for 20 bucks but she doesn't like the form factor. Anyway. I was getting it set up for her and can't get any connection in my office. Good thing I didn't go that route!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:58 AM   #57
r111

Model: 7100T

For T-Mobile, what is ones username and password? Are they the ones used to log into BWC? Something else?
Old 03-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #58
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

r111 - Yes, the ones you use to log onto BWC. However, it was also reported keeping these blanks work as well.

Also, everyone, if you are having problems using a 7100 as a modem for laptop, you could give the BlackBerryOS 4.0.0.219 available for 7100g's (AT&T/Cingular) now available for download, which includes the modem drivers.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #59
rforrest

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t
Default Cingular WAP - IP address

Anyone know of another Gateway IP/Port/APN for Cingular than the one listed? Thanks.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #60
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrogers
OK I have spent the better part of the day trying to understand how all this internet access stuff on BBs work, but I'm still a little lost. Let me just spell out my situation for you and maybe someone could be kind enough to spell out an answer for me

I currently am on a standard ATT voice plan with some limited data usage per month (I forget the exact MB, but it's like a $7 option, and I don't use it much because i hate browsing on tiny phone screens). I want to get a BB 7290 and the unlimited BB plan, which I understand is $45 a month on top of my voice plan. Now here's the real question: when I configure my new BB to use the TCP/IP settings in this thread so all my apps can access the Internet without a BES, does that usage go through my unlimited BB plan, or do I have to have an additional standard data plan? If the latter, that really is not cool...for $45/month, I should have unlimited access to the whole Internet. Someone please clarify this for me.
Can someone PLEASE clarify this for me? If I set up all this TCP/IP stuff, is the data usage going to get charged to my GPRS plan (or pay-per-use GPRS), or is that data usage charged to my unlimited Blackberry plan?