BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
mattyx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Northern California Handoff issues?

Please Login to Remove!

Can anyone in Northern CA confirm that the UMA to Edge Voice handoff is working? I am unable to handoff a call when exiting a Wifi hotspot (mine or starbucks). Tmobile says this is a problem and is trying to troubleshoot it, but I have heard other reports that this is a known issue for Northern CA.

Anyone?

Thanks!

/m/
Old 09-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyx View Post
Can anyone in Northern CA confirm that the UMA to Edge Voice handoff is working? I am unable to handoff a call when exiting a Wifi hotspot (mine or starbucks). Tmobile says this is a problem and is trying to troubleshoot it, but I have heard other reports that this is a known issue for Northern CA.
/m/
I am in San Diego where UMA has been 100% down for me all day. While it "worked" Monday-Wednesday the handoff has never worked. After a few hours with T-Mobile support they now indicate that there indeed is a problem that won't be resolved until October 22nd for the handoff. I have a ticket open at this point with their Tier 3 support about UMA connection failure.

I get an error code "W006.2" when trying to establish a UMA connection. "ISP or T-Mobile network error." Anybody else having this problem?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
ldub

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint

I'm noticing no UMA on 2 devices in NorCal.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
mattyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldub View Post
I'm noticing no UMA on 2 devices in NorCal.
Thanks for the responses, guys. Is there a ticket already open that maybe we could all add our accounts to? I've found that sometimes that helps to push things along.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 09-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
Kit

Quote:
Thanks for the responses, guys. Is there a ticket already open that maybe we could all add our accounts to? I've found that sometimes that helps to push things along.
T-Mobile ticket 910388 is the one I have open. I just got a call back from their 3rd tier support which said they have numerous tickets open on the same issue. He was in the processing of grouping them together and escalating further. I'm not sure why, but he indicated that it was primarily California users who were calling in. Since this is just a connection over the Internet that doesn't particularly make sense though.

-Kit
Old 09-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
mattyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
T-Mobile ticket 910388 is the one I have open. I just got a call back from their 3rd tier support which said they have numerous tickets open on the same issue. He was in the processing of grouping them together and escalating further. I'm not sure why, but he indicated that it was primarily California users who were calling in. Since this is just a connection over the Internet that doesn't particularly make sense though.

-Kit
It could be because the cell sites are not yet equipped to accept the Wifi handoffs. My UMA will take calls fine, it just wont handoff, so this could be the issue.

This also especially sucks, because by the time it's "supposed" to work, my 30 day return period will have expired. Luckily, I'm headed to Vegas next week, so I should be able to try it out somewhere else, where it allegedly works.

/m/
Old 09-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
Kit

Quote:
It could be because the cell sites are not yet equipped to accept the Wifi handoffs. My UMA will take calls fine, it just wont handoff, so this could be the issue.

This also especially sucks, because by the time it's "supposed" to work, my 30 day return period will have expired. Luckily, I'm headed to Vegas next week, so I should be able to try it out somewhere else, where it allegedly works.
It makes sense as far as the hand off issue goes that it is a localized issue based on which tower you are connected to, but the issue I have at this point is a complete inability to establish a UMA connection at all. That should work even if I am completely outside of GSM/EDGE coverage.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
mattyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
It makes sense as far as the hand off issue goes that it is a localized issue based on which tower you are connected to, but the issue I have at this point is a complete inability to establish a UMA connection at all. That should work even if I am completely outside of GSM/EDGE coverage.
This is true. Sorry if I misunderstood your comment. I am also without any uma at this time.

/m/
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
mattyx

Quote:
This is true. Sorry if I misunderstood your comment. I am also without any uma at this time.

/m/
UMA is back this morning. Not sure if it still is having problems handing off...will test later.

/m/
Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
mattyx

Thumbs up Fixed...?

Is looks like my UMA to GSM handoff is now functioning properly in both directions. I am in the bay area CA.

Anyone else check today?

/m/
Old 10-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #11
Kit

Quote:
Is looks like my UMA to GSM handoff is now functioning properly in both directions. I am in the bay area CA.

Anyone else check today?

/m/
Still no luck in San Diego. Good news if you started working. Sounds like its perhaps a tower by tower upgrade.
Closed Thread