BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #1
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2203551
Carrier: TMO
Arrow New FREE Program! Jar to Alx! Version 1.3 Out!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello fellow crackberry heads,

Im not really new to these forums, but this is my first account so yea... Now to give you all what you want.

Click here to go to the page to download the new program. J2A

For all you Crackberry Heads out there, heres a nice utility I really hope you will use. (I spent a whole 2 days working on it so you better!). Do you want to get games onto your Blackberry? Do you get tired of having to go through various OTA sites hoping to find a java game or two that might work with your Blackberry? Now I cant guarantee you free jar games or any jar games at that, but I can give you a nice little program that can make things a little easier. Theres a nifty little file type called .ALX which you can upload to your Blackberry through Device Manager. Searching various forums I've found that many Crackberry heads want Jar games on their phone yet find it very difficult with all the errors and complications. Now those who have successfully convert their .Jar games into .ALX have a higher success rate of getting a game to work, but have to go through the trouble of copy and pasting directories in a batch file and praying for the best. This may work but its slow, and for those who arent nerds and geeks, its a major hassle. So my fellow Crackberry heads, I give you a BSCreation: Jar to ALX! With this program, all you have to do is download and install theBlackberry JDE and Run this program to create that ALX file you need to simply upload your game to your blackberry through Device Manager. Finally you can have a nice user interface that its mostly just clicking, and deciding which jar file to convert. This program saves your directory information so you can skip 2 of the three "find a directory steps" to make things alot faster. It comes packaged with JADMaker which is a plus because Jad files are also in high demand. So use this FREEEEEEEEEE Program. Yes I said free!!!!! and Feel Free to DONATE!!! One Dollar!.. To my paypal account!!!! [email address] is my paypal address... Im sorta kidding but Im not! But anyway, this is a free program so try it out. Refer people to it. And most importantly Donate $1 to my paypal!... And another most important thing is to send me emails, post on forums (Hopefully Ill check em) And give me private messages that tell me how much you like the program and how it can be made better!

Add my pin to bbmessenger also. = P

Click here to go to the page to download the new program. J2A

Peace and Love in Christ,

Brandon Swift.

Last edited by MrUlukai; 10-09-2007 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: New Version
Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
djxedxd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon
Talking

Finally. Thank you loads n I think I speak for many other BB members a dollar will most definatley be comin your way.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Heh, glad you liked it. Tell me if you run into any problems or if you'd like something added to make it better.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

a problem was emailed to me about files with spaces in the file names not converting... I hope to fix this sooner or later but for now, just rename the .jar files to a simple one word filename. Thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 05:13 AM   #5
RobJJ

Model: 8100
PIN: 23FE0674
Carrier: T-mobile

Not working for me...I downloaded and installed JDE, and then try to run your program...nothing happens that I can tell. Should it?

Can you briefly explain what should happen, how to use your program? ONce I have installed JDE, do I actually have to have it running?

When I run your program, what should happen?

How do I get from a .jar file to the .alx?

What am I doing wrong...I am in a Vista OS environment.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #6
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK first I recommend downloadin the zip version since the installer file is making bad shortcuts, Ill fix that later. But when you run the Exe, if the main menu pops up it should be as easy as pressing start. The instructions are easy to follow. You dont need to have the blackberry JDE running, all you need is it to be installed. download the zip from bscreations.111mb.net extract all, run the exe and everything should go well from there. If your clicking the exe and nothing comes up, tell me which Windows OS you have, I havent tested on Vista yet.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
cyberpyr8
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJJ View Post
Not working for me...I downloaded and installed JDE, and then try to run your program...nothing happens that I can tell. Should it?

Can you briefly explain what should happen, how to use your program? ONce I have installed JDE, do I actually have to have it running?

When I run your program, what should happen?

How do I get from a .jar file to the .alx?

What am I doing wrong...I am in a Vista OS environment.
I am in Vista as well and had the same thing happen.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #8
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Alright I figure its a Vista problem so Im going to update it and hopefully it work on vista. Thanks for the report.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK it should work on Vista After it runs, it should be self explanatory., Please get back to me to tell me how it performs. Also I fixed the installer file, it creates good shortcuts now. Dont forget to check back in.

Last edited by MrUlukai; 08-14-2007 at 05:31 PM..
Old 08-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
b_d0za

Good job man.

You just made it a lot easier to help people go through the process of converting jar to alx and cod files.

I'll definitely be pointing people in the direction of this thread from now on instead of the batch files.

It works just fine.

My only complaint is that all the visual stuff is kinda hard on my eyes because the buttons almost blend in with it. Change the color of the buttons to something that stands out a little more and my eyes will thank you.

Also, I bet if you keep working on it you could make it even more user friendly than it already is if you wanted to.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
cyberpyr8
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Yeah it is working fine now. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Cool thanks for commin back cyber.

Thanks to you also B_doza, I know what you mean with the visuals. It was really something I just threw together because I got done with all the hard stuff. Im already plannin a new design. And you basically read my mind, because as I was coding this program up, I found alot of extra smaller things that could make this an even better program. So thanks for the support, and hopefully I can upgrade this program into something better.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:55 AM   #13
xiaofanangel
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 250C44A9
Carrier: Optus

bless youxxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;
but why i cant open the web?

Last edited by xiaofanangel; 08-15-2007 at 02:00 AM..
Old 08-15-2007, 02:29 AM   #14
b_d0za

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaofanangel View Post
bless youxxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;xxx65281;
but why i cant open the web?
Please further explain what you are trying to do.

What are you trying to access the web with?

Not trying to be mean or anything but what does this have to do with this thread?

Maybe try starting a new one so somebody can further assist you.

I am just trying to help, that's what this site is all about!!

Last edited by b_d0za; 08-15-2007 at 02:33 AM..
Old 08-15-2007, 03:14 AM   #15
xiaofanangel
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 250C44A9
Carrier: Optus

i just wanna dl the software, but the link doesnot work.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:20 AM   #16
ocbrody

Carrier: AT&T

Looks like his site went down.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 AM   #17
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hmmm yea, looks like my host is havin some downtime right now, but just send an email and I will send you the direct download link. (hosted by another site)
Old 08-16-2007, 02:16 AM   #18
RobJJ

Brandon, received your email with the link and got the .exe file. It appeared to install ok, it created the desktop icon and the program opened. But then things went downhill. The program failed to create the .alx file. Next, I went to help...once in help, there is no getting out and back to the program...had to shut down using task mgr. Then, I tried with a dfferent .jar file, but nothing happened.

I reinstalled, and basically everything repeated as above. Not sure what happened, but have a couple of questions before I try again (before I do, I'll uninstall then try to reinstall, but first, the questions:

1. I believe I need to have both the .jar and .jad files in the same directory, right?

2. It doesn't matter what that directory is, as long as the program knows where the files are, right?

3. It doesn't matter what directory the created .alx file is created in, right? Can it be in the same directory as the .jar and .jad files?

I know you're trying, but something is still not right...don't think we don't appreciate the effort.

Rob
Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #19
RobJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJJ View Post
Brandon, received your email with the link and got the .exe file. It appeared to install ok, it created the desktop icon and the program opened. But then things went downhill. The program failed to create the .alx file. Next, I went to help...once in help, there is no getting out and back to the program...had to shut down using task mgr. Then, I tried with a dfferent .jar file, but nothing happened.

I reinstalled, and basically everything repeated as above. Not sure what happened, but have a couple of questions before I try again (before I do, I'll uninstall then try to reinstall, but first, the questions:

1. I believe I need to have both the .jar and .jad files in the same directory, right?

2. It doesn't matter what that directory is, as long as the program knows where the files are, right?

3. It doesn't matter what directory the created .alx file is created in, right? Can it be in the same directory as the .jar and .jad files?

I know you're trying, but something is still not right...don't think we don't appreciate the effort.

Rob

Am quoting the above to ensure things stay together and for continuity.

I think I came up with a solution...so far, have converted 3 .jar files successfully. While I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, I don't think that was the reason why it is working, but it could be. However, the ONLY way I can get the program to work, is by:

1. When I open the program, I right click on the icon and select "run as administrator".
Old 08-16-2007, 03:22 AM   #20
MrUlukai
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hey Rob,

Lets start with the help file. When you click on help, just click ESC and it takes you back to main menu, thats the first thing it says in help I believe. Correct It doesnt matter what BB JDE directory as long as the files are there. Next the jar and jad files need to be in the same directory. I believe the alx can be in the same folder as the jar and jad, as long as the jar and jad are not in the root directory of Jar 2 ALX. J2A moves the temporary alx cod debug files to the root directory and deletes them when it copies to the designated save directory. And I totally understand, Im happy im actually getting error reports.

Now my questions are. Were the three jar's you converted, the jar's you were recieving errors with? You shouldnt have to run as administrator so what OS are you running on.. wait duh, Your on Vista... Once again I havent tested it on Vista so your pretty much my tester for that OS. And lastly, sometimes the jar's contain a coding thats pretty... "screwy". And usually when the program shows the error it means something wuz coded wrong in the Jar itself. Either that or the program doesnt understand how the jar is coded. So maybe could you send those Jar's to my email so I can see what goes on. (mrulukai@gmail.com)

Thanks for the report
Brandon

Last edited by MrUlukai; 08-16-2007 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: Need to re read what he writes...
Closed Thread