Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #21
King-B
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23F8E72F
Carrier: SunCom

Please Login to Remove!

Its already bad enough that people are comparing non-comparable phones. Its even more bad that people on this forum are being so biased. I've seen plenty of good reviews of the iphone. Sure the keyboard still sucks, but I've read some reviews of the iphone living up to some of its hype.

For $600, the iphone has a long way to go, but it surely doesnt suck.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #22
King-B

Um......before i get slammed. I just wanted to let yall know that I'm an apple engineer and steve jobs is paying me to convert you!!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #23
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Ok www.t-mobile.co.uk

Tmos UK sid the sell the Nokia N95 as a standerd phone look through it's feature set. And both phones are in the same price range kingb
Old 07-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #24
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Steve jobas had gis chane whe starcrafy cam out -t took 3 years for a pc game to be converted to appl code. Also the whole mp4 (itunes fromat only) tha dosn reach across other platforms dosn't sell me On ANY apple prducts. Pass o apple engineer.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #25
King-B

Well nokia has got plently of their own problems......you know what im talkin about. As far as the ipod. It must be pretty damn good if its got 80% of the market. Your just .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 01%. Apple doesnt give a d*mn about you. hahahaha jk

Last edited by King-B; 07-01-2007 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #26
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Heck nokia is atlest cos effectice an let's you moodify stuff. ,d works an all gsm carriers whane you turn it on. Comes unlocked too.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #27
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post

Heck nokia is atlest cos effectice an let's you moodify stuff. ,d works an all gsm carriers whane you turn it on. Comes unlocked too.
Great post. Care to try again in English?
Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #28
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Great post. Care to try again in English?
C'mon, man, no need for insults.

Si me permites:

"Heck, Nokia handsets are at least cost effective. Their devices let you modify phone settings and capabilities. The data connection works on all GSM carriers - and it works when you just turn it on! Nokia devices also come unlocked."
Old 07-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #29
King-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBorg View Post
C'mon, man, no need for insults.

Si me permites:

"Heck, Nokia handsets are at least cost effective. Their devices let you modify phone settings and capabilities. The data connection works on all GSM carriers - and it works when you just turn it on! Nokia devices also come unlocked."
I agree with the nokia statement...
By the way, he was typin on an iphone. He just wont tell anybody hahaha
Old 07-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #30
harryzuluberries

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic

This is a very amusing discussion. And I must agree.......two different phones with two different audiences/subscribers. I would hope there were no serious businessmen who were looking to the iphone as a serious business tool and not a toy. It looks like what could be the beginnings of an awesome "fun" phone. To compare it to a berry is ridiculous.

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #31
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Half of you need to get a grip. First off I'm a berry user from way back and currently have a curve BUT, i did buy an iphone over the weekend just to check it out and i am VERY impressed.. to say it's a flop is a ridiculous statement. Everyone seems to be complaining about the keyboard, type on it for 2 days and you will be just as fast as you are on your berry, i am. i have forwarded my exchange mail to a ghost gmail account to see how effective e-mail is, while not close to a berry, it works damn well for those who don't operate on a BES like i do, even still, with my exchange mail forwarded i think its still impressive, yahoo pushes gmail pops, all of which im sure will change in the near future with much talk about full exchange support. I'd love to know why "a real business man" as someone wrote, shouldn't consider this phone, why not tell me?? I'm the biggest berry fan going but i also recognize good stuff when i see it and am stable enough of a person to compliment new technology, iphone is a serious piece of equipment, while not replacing my curve because blackberry kills all in the e-mail dept. For all the bashers, go buy one and then bash it, dont call the $600 a flaw, if you cant afford it, dont buy it but get a grip at least... P.S. Gavitron or whatever, is it ESL thats holding you back or just too lazy to spell check, just curious why every post you make is almost uncomprehending to those of us that speak english, not a bash, just curious??
Old 07-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #32
harryzuluberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790 View Post
I'd love to know why "a real business man" as someone wrote, shouldn't consider this phone, why not tell me??
Somewhat guilty as charged. I, however said "serious businessmen." 1st gen technology+shortened R&D cycles+fickle consumers who will leave a carrier for devices rather than signal/call quality (in their area)+Did I mention 1st gen tech=Not the greatest device (1st gen) for a business person who needs bomb proof real-time email, data, etc.

I'd love to have the disposable income to run out and purchase one to play with, so I'm not a hater. Just a realist. And if I was looking into purchasing a device to help me keep track of and run a medium to large enterprise I would avoid first gen tech like the plague...for the most part. I was in a position at one point where I was assisting certain individuals with their small and large ticket tech purchases and I would always tell them that latest doesn't always equal greatest......there's a reason why things are called bleeding/cutting edge technology. lol.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #33
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzuluberries View Post
Somewhat guilty as charged. I, however said "serious businessmen." 1st gen technology+shortened R&D cycles+fickle consumers who will leave a carrier for devices rather than signal/call quality (in their area)+Did I mention 1st gen tech=Not the greatest device (1st gen) for a business person who needs bomb proof real-time email, data, etc.

I'd love to have the disposable income to run out and purchase one to play with, so I'm not a hater. Just a realist. And if I was looking into purchasing a device to help me keep track of and run a medium to large enterprise I would avoid first gen tech like the plague...for the most part. I was in a position at one point where I was assisting certain individuals with their small and large ticket tech purchases and I would always tell them that latest doesn't always equal greatest......there's a reason why things are called bleeding/cutting edge technology. lol.
i would totally agree with this also, case in point VISTA, which as we know blows in comparison to xp pro sp2, although not really first gen here, still along those lines. I will say, even though it's only been 48 hours 1st gen or not, it is a very impressive device, overall i agree with you bb is king in the e-mail app dept but im curious to see what quick updates come out and where this purported "mecca" of mobile commuication technology takes us...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #34
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Alright, already!

Alright now, enough with the "My phone's better!" "Nuh-UH! Mine is!" wang measuring arguments!

Time to get this thing back on the right track...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
"Oooooh.... SHINY!"

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 07-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #35
King-B

"Anything you can do, i can do better. I can do anything better then you. No you cant. Yes I can. No you cant. yes I can. No you cant. Yes I can Yes I CAAANNNN!!.."
Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #36
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-B View Post
Its already bad enough that people are comparing non-comparable phones. Its even more bad that people on this forum are being so biased. I've seen plenty of good reviews of the iphone. Sure the keyboard still sucks, but I've read some reviews of the iphone living up to some of its hype.

For $600, the iphone has a long way to go, but it surely doesnt suck.
100% agree, and i know the whole arguement about serious business people but why is BB getting into cameras, media players and non qwerty devices?
In my opinion if RIM did not expand into the consumer market they would not get more market share and would likely be a part of nokia or someone else by now.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:55 AM   #37
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-B View Post
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ucket08/vs.jpg

"Anything you can do, i can do better. I can do anything better then you. No you cant. Yes I can. No you cant. yes I can. No you cant. Yes I can Yes I CAAANNNN!!.."
*sigh*

Yes, but you see, there's a saying amongst us CrackBerry addicts that once upon a time left to try another device, then came BACK to the Crack:
"I tried the rest, then came back to THE BEST!"

I can't tell you how many times I've seen that phrase uttered here, and on HoFo's RIM forum!

The iPhone is geared toward what Uncle Steve-o thinks the average young, tech savvy consumer wants. He's marketing to teens and twenty-somethings, primarily. The same target market as the T-Mobile Sidekick, in fact. And for those "average" consumers, the iPhone may be a good alternative to the other devices out there, if they can live with its... eccentricities in order to have the "kewlest", most fashionable phone out right now! But I'm NOT average, I'm anything but that! I'm a "power user", and ONLY the rock-solid reliability of the BlackBerry will EVER be good enough for me! And I know it's the same for others on this forum.

So, yeah, anything the iPhone can do, that we WANT to do, the BlackBerry does BETTER and more reliably! END OF STORY!

That's just my opinion, of course. Your opinion and experiences with these devices may vary, based on YOUR individual tastes and needs.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 AM   #38
harryzuluberries

Oh yeah.......well my daddy can beat up your daddy!! That's about where this is all going. Lol. Like I said, i'd love to have one to play around with. I personally think it's a step in the right direction because it will force everyone to speed up their innovation to keep up with the ipod/iphone machine. After the iphone, next we'll all be using tablets like star trek....or we'll all carry these small pen like devices with flexible displays that "roll" out of the side of the device and give us widescreen hi def vid conferencing over non terrestrial ubiquitous true wireless broadband.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #39
King-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
*sigh*

Yes, but you see, there's a saying amongst us CrackBerry addicts that once upon a time left to try another device, then came BACK to the Crack:
"I tried the rest, then came back to THE BEST!"

I can't tell you how many times I've seen that phrase uttered here, and on HoFo's RIM forum!

The iPhone is geared toward what Uncle Steve-o thinks the average young, tech savvy consumer wants. He's marketing to teens and twenty-somethings, primarily. The same target market as the T-Mobile Sidekick, in fact. And for those "average" consumers, the iPhone may be a good alternative to the other devices out there, if they can live with its... eccentricities in order to have the "kewlest", most fashionable phone out right now! But I'm NOT average, I'm anything but that! I'm a "power user", and ONLY the rock-solid reliability of the BlackBerry will EVER be good enough for me! And I know it's the same for others on this forum.

So, yeah, anything the iPhone can do, that we WANT to do, the BlackBerry does BETTER and more reliably! END OF STORY!

That's just my opinion, of course. Your opinion and experiences with these devices may vary, based on YOUR individual tastes and needs.
Hahahaha.....I agree with you. But the only reason why I posted it was because all this bickering maid me think of that saying.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:46 AM   #40
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

LOL I'm 28 so i classify as a @) somthing NEVER spent money on the sidekick. I will never spend $500-600 on somthing that tells me to do things uncle stev-o's way. with that kind of money id sonner buy parts to upgrade or build a PC.

Also th average 20 somthing were I live dose not have that kind of money or spend it somthing like oh i dunno RENT,Car payments, Auto insurrance. If your a GAMER games and Video cards an processors Motherboards. I like exploiting tech beyond the design spec Apples not known for letting you do that mac or iphone side.
Blackberries AND PC's DO. Also i have yet to see Apple release a video game system or a gaming oriented machine. OH wait im sorry Mocrosoft beat you to the puch it's called the X-box it even runs games out side microsofts publisher label.

the pc gamer/enthusiest an the corperate/small business crowd is what drives the tech industry.

Even in recent intervies uncle steve has oppenly challenged th blackberry. sorry Jobbs you and Apple FAIL. yet again

Last edited by Galvatron; 07-02-2007 at 03:50 AM..
Closed Thread