aerodyne

Model: 7130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: orange
Default Messages are not removed from the BB when moved in outlook

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

The flow is rather simple:
1. I get a new email. I see it both in my outlook and on my BB.
2. In my outlook I move it to a different folder under my personal folders. This folder does not appear in the folder tree and does not have a copy on the BB.
3. The message still appears on the BB.

I expect the message to be removed from the BB as it is no longer "in the scope" of what the BB should show.

Any help on how to achieve this goal would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Maverickster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I was having a similar problem. I think it has something to do with the almost-legacy-version of the BES software my firm insists on running. Take your personal folders and move them into your inbox so that they're inbox subfolders. Then, go to the BB and set "hide filed messages" (or whatever it says) to "yes". Voila! Problem solved (or it was for me anyway). It changed the way I navigate the folder tree a little bit, but not much. Just remember that it's not always instantaneous. When I "file" messages out of the general inbox into a subfolder (either in outlook or on the BB) sometimes it gets moved w/in 30 seconds and sometimes it takes 20 minutes, but it always gets done.

Hope this helps.

--Mav
Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
aerodyne

Model: 7130
Carrier: orange

Thanks, but I can't create folders in the inbox since the space there is limited and I need to keep these messages. So at one point the allocated space will run out.
I need some other solution.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
y2kcbr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 3049E825
Carrier: Verizon

So you're saying that when you invoke Hide Sent Messages on your BB, once you move the item from your Inbox to a .pst file you still see the item on your BB?

There is a way to properly get the item off your BB. Not convoluted, just how it works. If you read the item on your BB first (before you read it in Outlook, the message will stay on the BB, even after you move it in Outlook)

If you read the message in Outlook first, once you open your messages folder on your BB, you will see the 'filed' message disappear.

You can test this by doing the following:

From outlook, send yourself a message. then open it on your BB.
You will see the message there. Now file it in outlook to a personal folder, then do this:

Send another test message (test2) and make sure your BB messages folder is closed, now open the item in Outlook then file it. Now open your BB and you will see Test2 for a split second until the 'rule' Hide Filed Messages' kicks in. Voila, your message is gone.

Kinda sucks, but that's the way it is.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
woodenoxen

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

interesting.....does this apply on BES?

so you're saying if i read every message on my BB all day and file them in inbox subfolders tomorrow on my PC (Outlook) all those messages will remain on my BB?

doesnt this go against the whole point of having BES?

note i STILL see the messages i filed in outlook even if i select on the BB to "view inbox"

?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
Richison
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodyne View Post
Hi,

The flow is rather simple:
1. I get a new email. I see it both in my outlook and on my BB.
2. In my outlook I move it to a different folder under my personal folders. This folder does not appear in the folder tree and does not have a copy on the BB.
3. The message still appears on the BB.

I expect the message to be removed from the BB as it is no longer "in the scope" of what the BB should show.

Any help on how to achieve this goal would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom.
Did you ever find an answer to this Tom? I'm running into the same issue.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 06-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenoxen View Post
interesting.....does this apply on BES?

so you're saying if i read every message on my BB all day and file them in inbox subfolders tomorrow on my PC (Outlook) all those messages will remain on my BB?

doesnt this go against the whole point of having BES?

note i STILL see the messages i filed in outlook even if i select on the BB to "view inbox"

?
No. BES works as it should:

- read/unread updates that same message on the blackberry (time delayed)
- moving emails to sub-folders (outlook/owa or BB) removes them from the BB inbox

To view those folders on the exchange server you must set Folder Redirection on the BB. In messages Options->Email Settings click trackball/wheel select Folder Redirection. Check the folders you want visible on your BB.

Just remember that emails moved to other folders will take up to 20 minutes (sometimes longer) to disappear from your BB inbox. Also, if you have Hide Filed Messages set to no, they will appear in the inbox but have a folder icon.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Matt C

Model: 8800
Carrier: JT

The issue could be to do with the way Blackberry handles the move. When emails are moved or dragged out of your mailbox into .pst or DMS application it is seen as a hard delete the same as pressing shift and delete in your mailbox, this by passes the deleted items.
The blackberry does not know what to do when this happens.
If your running BES 4.1 or later there is a Hard Deletes Reconciliation option, you need to enable this option and then reload the user. I hope this makes some sense.
Closed Thread