BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
ah84

Model: 8100
Default BES Grief

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I've recently purchased a blackberry via t-mobile (UK), and have been happily using BIS. I have now moved my email to a hosted exchange solution who offer BES so that I can keep my calendar, contacts etc sync'ed.

When I put all my details in the "enterprise activation", the screen comes back saying:

Activating
[email address]

(and at this point I get blackberry emails pop up in my inbox for a few seconds and dissappear (they contain a security key?))

Then around 10 minutes later my bb will come back and say:
"the server is not responding. Please contact your system administrator."

To cut a long story short, I phoned T-mobile and they say I need to pay a fee of £35 / mo on top of my current blackberry contract for a BES licence, but I was under the impression this was paid for by the BES Administrator (at my hosted exchange) rather than myself. Can someone who has a bit more experience please confirm?

Many thanks,

Aidan.

Last edited by ah84; 12-02-2006 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 12-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Oh no - the fee is paid by the individual account in addition to any BES licensing fees. T-Mobile is correct.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
ah84

Hi there,

I currently pay the blackberry fee of £10 / month with t-mobile, but they say I need to pay a further £35 / month for the BES licence, surely this isn't correct?

Aidan.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I believe it is correct.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
ah84

Bums... well at least I have BIS, something I didn't have before!!

Is there a way to sync your calendar etc with outlook?

Aidan.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Yes; on the CD that came with the BlackBerry is something called "Desktop Manager". If you don't have the CD, you can download DM from the RIM website. Desktop Manager has Intellisync include, which allows you to sync your contacts, notes, calendar and tasks with Outlook.

May I also suggest you check out the Sticky Thread FAQs at the top of the General BlackBerry Discussion forum where there is tons of information, tips and tricks. Good luck!
Closed Thread