BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:59 AM   #41
bb-mike
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

I agree - missing sync from markspace works VERY well. It even overcomes the usb charging problem. Don't know about Bluetooth though.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #42
seantren

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Guess What

I had the same problem, pocket mac would not work on my BB.. Ok this is what I have found I just dont have a solution... I just got this BB (this is my second one) before I synched my MacBook with My BB810 the pocketmac worked just fine and then once I activated bluetooth with my phone and computer the Macbook no longer worked. so of course, I deleted the bluetooth off my phone and computer and Now I'm going to re-install pocket mac but I think Bluetooth somehow crashes the Pocketmac so DO NOT activate bluetooth if you have pocketmac if have not already done so.. and for those of you that have, tell t-mobile to send you a new phone and then just DO NOT activate the bluetooth on your computer with your phone and you will be back in business... but for those of us that HAVE already done it... I have no clue.. anyone have any suggestions????
Old 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #43
seantren

GUYS!!!! I have exciting news on how to fix pocket mac with the BB pearl, it took me allllllll day long but I GOT IT!!! okay so heres what you need to do.. Number one.. Delete your BB device from your bluetooth list on the phone. Step two delete your computer from your BB list on your phone... ok here comes the hard part (not really)

To resolve this issue we advise that you clean uninstall Pocketmac and perform a new installation. I have inserted a link below to instructions on how to clean uninstall Pocketmac.
BlackBerry Search Results

You can download the latest Pocketmac on the link below
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

if that doesn't work try these options (but I didn't have to do this)
Here are some things to try.

-On your BlackBerry go to Options > Advanced Options > Media Card. Is the Mass Storage Mode turned on? If so, try turning it off and reconnecting.

-Has the Mac been rebooted?

-Have you tried other USB ports? Specifically one that is directly into the computer (if possible not through a hub or docking station).

-Do you have an alternate computer to try connecting to? This would help us narrow down weather this is an issue with your Computer or the BlackBerry itself.

This is the last resort:
Have you referred to the following article before ?
PocketMac does not detect a connected BlackBerry device KB05191
BlackBerry Search Results

with all that being done and said, I think I'm a genius and remember DO NOT CONNECT YOUR BLUETOOTH FROM YOUR COMPUTER TO YOUR PHONE or it will screw it up.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #44
b_Lish

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanmsi View Post
I never would have figured this out -although its so simple - without your instructions. But it worked perfectly!!! Thanks so much for posting.
Damn, I did the correct steps above, but get the error" Transfer failed 100%".
Anyone know why? Is it a space limitation thing? I can transfer pics.

TIA,
Linda
Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 AM   #45
jaybird@
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 23FFF171
Carrier: The new AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by newpearlyhurly View Post
Can you walk me through the steps of enabling the mass storage option? I didn't do this when I first connected the BBP (if you meant that you should do it the very first time you connect). Do I do this through pocketmac?
On your phone...

1. Go to options.
2. Go to Advanced options.
3. Go to Media card.
4. Media card support: yes
Encryption mode: no
Auto enable mass storage
when connected: yes

on your mac...

On your desktop you will see an icon of a connected device of your phone which you can click and it will open a folder that should say blackberrry. open that folder and you will see 5 folders- music, pictures, ringtones, system and videos. click music to open folder and you can proceed to drag and drop mp3's from wherever you store your music on your mac.
*Note- i use this procedure on my emac which uses the latest os for mac. Should work the same for your laptop.

Hope that helps.
No, you dont have to use Pocket mac to do this.
(Bottom pic of Diamond Head taken with Pearl)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by jaybird@; 07-09-2007 at 07:41 AM..
Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #46
nakednoodles

Carrier: AT&T
Default I went through the same problem most of you are facing. I got some answers.

Hi everyone. I just got a blackberry pearl and I realized when I got home that this phone didn't sync with my macbook pro! I tried hooking it up to my brother's PC...and most of you were saying how after syncing it with your PC it showed errors like "unable to display files" and whatnot. After ONE week having my FIRST blackberry...I had to go RETURN my phone for a new one. My carrier said that a VIRUS may have gotten into my PHONE. I mean IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOAD OF CRAP...but that's what HE SAID. But I'm still skeptical. I just think something when I synced it with my brother's computer...it just messed with the system a little. So...the only way I could fix the UNABLE TO DISPLAY FILE was to get a new phone.

But if you go to this website:
http://www.discoverblackberry.com/di..._solutions.jsp

you can download POCKETMAC there and you can sync things from your mac like iCal to your phone and what have you.

NOW...the BLUETOOTH ISSUE...

It took me WEEKS to figure out this because I am technology inept. But it turns out...when you want to send your phone a file from your laptop...ON YOUR PHONE...you must go to your MEDIA application...then go to your PICTURES file and open up with the MENU button and scroll down to "recieve using Bluetooth." after doing that, you send your file from your laptop to your phone. Of course this is all after you set up your device and connect one another. Then accept the file on your phone...and bow chika wao wao...it shud work. (it does for me at least.)

Now...the music issue. I mean...a lot of you are saying how you can't get music on your phone? Well after I got a microSD, everything worked FINE! Except all your music is stored into your ringtones section. Haha. But anywho...I just found out that the main reason why transfer doesn't even bother working on your laptop to your phone is that simply...your blackberry doesn't have enough memory on it to begin with and your phone just needs more memory.

I mean this is all I had to do...and I hope your phones all work beautifully.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #47
carrie blackberry

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon
Default why doesn't it just work!?

I've had my phone for about 5 days. I really thought it was going to make my life easier, but now I am literally on this website more than 4 hours a day trying to figure out how the hell everything works. I have a macbook and was able to get my address book and calender to sync, but only through the usb cable and pocketmac. bluetooth only seems to let me SEND my phones addressbook to the computer. even with pocketmac it, for some reason, split my whole address book into two and i had to delete half of it and resync.

As for the main topic here, getting media to be sent to the phone through bluetooth, my current issue is: when i try to receive from the phone, it just says "file transfer. waiting for connection" forever and does nothing.

i do not have an sd card since i might end up returning the phone based on how irritating this whole thing is. so is that the resolution to this "waiting for connection" message?

and why doesn't pocketmac just have a media swap folder thing on it? wouldn't that make everything much more simple??

off the subject, i still have to call verizon technical support to get them to help me put a filter on my email so gmail stops sending me copies of every email I send. that was my issue all day long yesterday.

i'm hoping that once this is cleared up and i understand the phone, i'll like it. or should i just get a new phone while i am still in my 30 day exchange period? i'm not even technologically retarded....i just think this phone may be and all the operations you have to do to make it do such simple things.

...sorry that was so long, but i'm beyond frustrated with my new toy. (i love my mac though... i wish verizon sold iphones.)
Old 07-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #48
kwest70

Model: 8110
Carrier: t-mobile

I have this programe, and it doesn't work. How did you manage to get it up and running?
Old 07-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #49
The BlackBerry Kid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: it is under my battery, and status page

oh and welcome to the forum!
we are always happy to help

what company is your pearl on?
Closed Thread