Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
essay182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW
Default WOW! $103 A Share!

Please Login to Remove!

Wow! Thats all I have to say. I knew this would be a good quarter for Rim but this is a big gain! Lets hope it continues, even though I'm happy about the gains I've made off the stock at this point and issued a sell order.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Yep, stock kind of took a dip earlier in the week ...I guess some market advisers thought they would be posting unexpected failures. So much for that. Peaking at $104.50 today is astonishing. Up $16/share since yesterday. Wish I would have bought some stock sometime on Wed or Thurs.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

i literally was talking with my broker wed/thursday about buying some since I had a feeling with the 8800 coming I should get some now... he said he would do some research for me, but then today, BOOM...

Last edited by pspiegel; 10-04-2006 at 03:57 PM..
Old 10-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
thought
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

Some analysts are predicting the stock to go to around $150 per share...so you may still have time to make some great profits...

Besides, if you believe that the overall business prospects for RIM in the long run is a good one, then it may be a good stock purchase irregardless.

The key is whether you are looking for a long term investment or just a quick profit.

IMHO, RIM is a good long term investment...imagine where they'll be 5 or 10 years from now.

As for the short term, well, we already know that the 8800 is coming out...and most of this movement was based on the 8100 success...we also know that the 8100 still has yet to enter most of the worldwide market, and so most of the sales impact has yet to be felt. We also know that we are entering Q4 which historically is the best quarter for all stocks. We also know that RIM will sell a ton of BBs during the holiday season, and this will be reflected in the Q1 2007 results in January. So I would say there is still great upside potential for this stock in the short term.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

Yep... broke $150 today..
Old 11-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #6
dabull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100

wish i had money to play with stocks. good to hear RIM is doing good, they make a fine product. cant last forever though, i think eventually (or sooner then later) technology will allow windows CE to take over all cell phones.
Closed Thread