Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Thunderpuppy

Model: Z30
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Inconsistent Contact Notifications

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all, I haven't been able to find a solution to this so am posting a new thread.

We have a shared BB Z30 (10.3.2.2168) used for work. It is connected to a shared support mailbox.

Our work environment is 24/7 and we received about 100 notifications daily ranging from FYI type emails, user request emails, and job abend alerts.

The job abends come in via text and we have a loud annoying alert to ensure we hear it overnight. This is working fine.

The issue I'm having is with the email notifications. There are system generated emails the I do not want to have any notification for. They come from a variety of sources so I created a contact group (Do Not Notify) and set up a custom notification. The idea being that I want emails from those that are not on the list to alert, and emails from those that are on the list to not alert.

The behaviour I'm seeing is that the notifications work like I want for a while (a few hours, but never longer than a day), and then I'll start getting alerts from the Do Not Notify folks, and I'll continue to get alerts until i open up one of the "non-alert" emails, and then the notifications will start working like I want them to again.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
Thunderpuppy

Model: Z30
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Inconsistent Contact Notifications

I think I'm spotting a pattern. I'm getting notifications while the device is locked, when I unlock it, the notifications stop.

Does this seem likely, or is this a red herring?
Old 08-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Unless your getting these notifications from a different source to allow the phone to identify the "sender" then it is not possible. your asking the phone to "know" the difference between the emails. If the "sender" of each type is different then you can do a special notification on each and selecting a notification that's either silent or something acceptable is what you need to do.
I have this on my phone for " warning " messages and it had to be from a different "sender" We used the system doing the notifications to accomplish this.

Also if this does work as you stated and resorts back for some reason, it may be possible you have another app that is interfering. Weird things can happen with interaction for sounds. Try setting the " do not notify" emails with a sound that is quiet but the phone uses.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
benkuek

Model: q20
Carrier: maxis

Dear all,
I lost all the name of the contact.but all the numbers is still remain on the contact files.
Any one can help..is important for me, thank you
Old 09-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #5
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkuek View Post
Dear all,
I lost all the name of the contact.but all the numbers is still remain on the contact files.
Any one can help..is important for me, thank you
no need to keep posting the same question.

You need a backup to restore any contacts if yours are gone.

Details on what you were doing when this happed or loading any apps will help get you and answer
Closed Thread