BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
niteshadow

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default notification sounds not working. blackberry 8900 os 5.0.0.1385/5.0.0.822

Please Login to Remove!

ok so i had this problem a while ago,i wasnt getting any notification sounds. i got tired to doing batt pulls to fix it. so i down graded and upgraded. when i reinstalled the os it worked perfect. but now its doing it again. when ppl call or text me i dont hear the sounds. and when i go to change the ring tone it wont play either. the only thing that works is my media player. and now not even a batt pull will fix it. please help
Old 10-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
alspokane

Model: 9800
Carrier: T-Mobile

I hate to be completely negative but I too am having the same exact problem along with a few other ones.

At first I thought I was sleeping through my alarm which is odd for me because I'm a light sleeper, but every day I was waking up to find that my alarm had gone off and I had not heard it. Then, I changed my sound profile from vibrate to a custom one because during the week I tend to keep it on vibrate for while I'm at work and on the weekends I like to know if people are texting me or calling me. Sure enough, my phone is not playing sounds at all, the only sounds are either from the media player or voice for voice calls.

FYI, My lock and mute buttons at the top of the phone are also no longer working correctly (the lock button only works to turn the screen back on, it does not work to lock the handset). This issue has been written about in at least one other thread but I thought I would mention it here since it is yet another bug with the same OS build.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
niteshadow

Model: 8900
Carrier: t mobile

i fixed the issue i hope. its not the os. i dont know what it was but i did a bunch of tests. i formatted my phone when i did the back up i used the JL_Cmder to format my phone and BBSAK to save my 3rd party apps. and desktop manager for everything else. so i loaded the apps and it was working fine. but when i loaded the backup from desktop manager thats when the problem occurred. so my advice format you phone reload the os and test the phone. then load the apps and test then load the back up and test. the way i fixed it is i only save my numbers and memos on desktop manager and it worked fine. it was a problem with the settings that i messed with. i think it might of been the fact that i used crunch sms. but right now its running perfect.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
alspokane

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshadow View Post
i fixed the issue i hope. its not the os. i dont know what it was but i did a bunch of tests. i formatted my phone when i did the back up i used the JL_Cmder to format my phone and BBSAK to save my 3rd party apps. and desktop manager for everything else. so i loaded the apps and it was working fine. but when i loaded the backup from desktop manager thats when the problem occurred. so my advice format you phone reload the os and test the phone. then load the apps and test then load the back up and test. the way i fixed it is i only save my numbers and memos on desktop manager and it worked fine. it was a problem with the settings that i messed with. i think it might of been the fact that i used crunch sms. but right now its running perfect.
Worked like a charm Thank you, you were right.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
alspokane

I was going to say how I did all that and it worked like a charm. After receiving a few text messages and after going into the settings to change one of them, I now no longer have sound again.

I think I'm going to downgrade, I just wish I could have an earlier build instead of dropping all the way back to 4.x
Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

.681 from Vodafone UK works great, no sound problems.