Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
amitl

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Default Troubleshooting BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Guys,

Just got this phone of ebay ( Verizon branded bold 9650) the phone as a bad ESN as was already informed however as was mentioned that it will not work with Verizon but is unlocked to work with any other GSM carrier I purchased it since I will use it in UAE.

Unfortunately after receiving the piece am facing some issues.

1. Short code to check balance *121# does not work, have to keep on switching between Global and GSM/UMTS options every now and then to make it work.
2. BIS does not work, the phone for some reason has not received the Service Books and is not registering the Host Routing Table.

Background: I earlier had a curve 8900 with my services activated on the same number but the phone was stolen very soon before i even had a chance to familiarise myself with the phone. Therefore I have no back up of any sorts. So now my SIM card is replaced and so is there a new Blackberry.

The network provider customer service says that to them it shows the services are active.

So was wondering if anyone can assist me to fix this as I am very new to this Blackberry world and not sure of what I am looking for. Customer Service doesn't seem to know much about this.

Cheers
Old 08-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Did you add the IMEI and PIN to your existing BIS account?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
amitl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Did you add the IMEI and PIN to your existing BIS account?
Yes Dubdub. I tried that after the internet research today, and the PIN and IMEI that I was able to map was the old one which I had lost.

When I try the option of change device it ain't working.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Perhaps there is an IT Policy that needs to be removed. Check the FAQ for more info. And are you sure there is a BB data plan activated on the account with the new SIM?

Did you resend service books?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
amitl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Perhaps there is an IT Policy that needs to be removed. Check the FAQ for more info. And are you sure there is a BB data plan activated on the account with the new SIM?

Did you resend service books?
I have a BIS plan from Etisalat that allows access to social networking apps such as BBM, Facebook, Gtalk, Twitter, AIM, ICQ etc. does not include email access.

I did check with the customer service team of Etisalat and they confirmed services are active. Checked online in my account and I could see BIS as one of the additional services enrolled and active.

As for sending the service books tried that using the etisalat.blackberry.com but I presume it might be sending it to the old device since that is the one listed mapped, anyways fortunately I found a backup of the old device which i used to restore my contacts, and the service books. So yeah I now have the service books required but still none of the apps work because there is 1 component missing that is Host Routing table which tilll date since last thursday is showing no entries. Tried the register now multiple times to no avail.

Tried hard reset, factory reset everything I could possibly think off.

So I feel kinda stuck at this point.

Talking with Etisalat is difficult because there is no technical team that can assist you on phone there is just the First level support and I have been waiting to get an update since last Thursday when I first raised the complain.

If only 1 technical person could just pinpoint where the issue is will make me comfortable as I would then know exactly what needs to be done.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #6
kayslayarmoth

Model: 9700
Carrier: vodafone

I have the same issues...just got a branded vodafone bold 9700. It is unlocked and I have activated a data plan but I can`t use the internet and my BIS..It gives error messa
ge "This is a wifi service. please ensure youe device has an active wifi connection and try again."
Closed Thread