Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
ajg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: M600i
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Verizon Blackberry Email Filter

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not sure if I should be posting this here, but I suspect it is a BWC problem (but Verizon might call it a feature.)

I have had my Blackberry with Verizon for some time now. When I first got it I had every message, junk or not, come to my handheld. To get rid of some of the junk, I devised a few of my own filters. When i log into my Verizon BB manager online, I can now see what messages are filtered out and deleted.

Current problem you ask? Oh, just that Verizon now filters more than just what I have set up. I emailed MYSELF an attachtment. From MY OWN email, it was filtered and deleted. Anything from my .Mac email gets filtered. My friends on AOL all get filtered. My BOSS's email get filtered. WHY?!

I'm getting pretty fed up with this. I have actually done a word search (and Spotlight search on my Mac) to see if any of the words that appear in my filters appear in these messages. NO! They do NOT. Why are these messages not getting to my BB? Note: My AOL friends used to... just a few days ago I was getting messages from them. But not anymore. Same with my boss.

Before I go off screaming at Verizon, I'd like to get any information that you Verizon and Blackberry guru's might have to help me out.

(And please do not tell me to make a filter such that I counter this. I'm not going to make a filter to make all AOL messages come to me because it is ridiculous to have to do that.)

What is most irritating is that I never know when I don't get a message. If something important is coming to me and I know about it and don't get it, I'll check my filters, but if not, then I may NEVER get the message.

Can you read me now?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I had set up a bunch of filters over 17 of them at my BWC for my Verizon account, and I still struggled with my messages getting some that somehow managed to get through the filters, loosing others much like you. On top of that I had a tremendous spam problem, so what i did after following the advice of many here was to set up a gmail account. I used the gmail account to filter the spam and filter messages there, only forwarding to the BB what i really wanted and needed leaving everything else at the gmail level where filters appled directed the messages to the right archives. I then got rid of all the filters at the BWC level and I have had no more problems since.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread