Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
slimbim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Mail gets delivered, but no other synchronization

Please Login to Remove!

We have over 400 hundred users across multiple BES Servers, and this is the first time I've seen this issue. We were trying to enterprise activate 2 new users, and Wireless activation completes successfully. However, all that is working correctly is email delivery and send. No other sync. No Calendar, Address Book, or memo gets downloaded or synced. The email read/unread status does not get synced, so even though the mail gets delivered to the device, it is not updated as read if the user reads the message in outlook.

Any ideas and suggestions?

The server and exchange the two new users are on are: Exchange 5.5, and BES 4.0.1. Again, no issues with any other users on this BES server and Exchange server.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
Kablooey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: 25ee2d53
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon 9650

Are any of these users using a PST file for storage in Outlook or do they have mail delivered to a PST file?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
slimbim
Thumbs Must Hurt

No, both users have the emails delivered to the mailbox on the server. but i should make sure of this.... any other issues that might be a cause for this problem?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
EDDYBLUELEX
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: tmobile

I had the same issue. It seemed it had to do with the exchange email account not adding the mailbox to have BES connected. I contact the exchange admin and had them force it. Than I was able to add to BES and do wireless activation.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
dodgydane
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Vodafone

So there are no contacts after the enterprise activation and the user definitely has contacts within his outlook?

Also how long have you been waiting for the reconciliation; it's not immidiate.
Have you tried to click track wheel and selct reconcile now and see if the messages delete and gets marked as read?

How many service books have you got on the devices?

Could you perhaps try to activate a user that you know work on the BES?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:30 AM   #6
careyana

Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT
Default similar issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbim

Any ideas and suggestions?

The server and exchange the two new users are on are: Exchange 5.5, and BES 4.0.1. Again, no issues with any other users on this BES server and Exchange server.

We had similar issues and discovered the users that were having issues had older versions of desktop manager on their PCs and it overwrote their handhelds - it doesn't show up on the handhelds themselves if you check the versions, but it does have this effect.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:36 AM   #7
anandch3

Model: 7290

Please wipe and reinstall the Handheld application software. This may resolve the issue.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Wow...lots of ideas, but no one has suggested to check that they are enabled for wireless PIM sync on the BES.

The desktop manager would only overwrite the info if it had to recreate it. Since the mailbox has a stored copy of the fresh 4.0 [CMIME] service book, it would merely read that service book and make sure the same one is on the handheld.

Verify that the Calendar, Notes, Contacts, and Tasks are at the root of the mailbox and not in a sub folder, or within a pst that's stored locally on the desktop computer.

Is there a Desktop [SYNC] service book? this controls the tasks, memo's, contacts sync and the Desktop [CICAL] controls the calendar.

What version of handheld software is running on these devices? It has to be 4.0 for wireless PIM sync (sounds stupid to some since he did an EA, but I've heard stranger stuff happening on older code)

Zro
Old 04-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
careyana

Model: 8820
Carrier: CingATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro
Wow...lots of ideas, but no one has suggested to check that they are enabled for wireless PIM sync on the BES.

The desktop manager would only overwrite the info if it had to recreate it. Since the mailbox has a stored copy of the fresh 4.0 [CMIME] service book, it would merely read that service book and make sure the same one is on the handheld.

Zro

Well, this would be true in most cases...however, we had users that were quite used to plugging in their handhelds and of course the autostart was enabled to synchronize and the desktop manager literally overwrote the internal handheld settings. It does not show within the applications on the handheld - some settings are just not an option (folder redirection, for one). This does require a complete handheld reload.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
slimbim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for all your replies and help. And apologize for not keeping up with my own thread

But the issue with the two specific users I had problems at the time with was due to the local PST file use, as they are traveling users. But we've still had some issues with the newer 8700 series devices with some other users that leave their mailbox data on the server, so I think its something to do with some incompatibility between the version of BES we have and the exchange or the newer devices...

Thanks again
Closed Thread