Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #161
aleighm

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeslaur View Post
scmobileman's Desktop won't prompt him to upgrade after installing the update.

check your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and make sure the files are dated 4/25/2008

I experienced the same issues, my files were from a previous load on a different phone. I renamed the Apploader directory, reinstalled the update, deleted the vendor.xml file, and was then presented with the option to upgrade.

My Desktop version is 4.7.

If anyone has a better way to track multiple versions, I'm all for it (I have an 8700c, 8800, and two 8100s to manage).

TIA
After following these additional instructions, I was able to get the Desktop Manager to recognize the available update. Thank you!

Now, I'm having an additional issue with this update. I have spent hours searching for a fix but haven't found anything relevant. When I reach the Application Loader: Update Summary screen and click "Next", the button stays selected and the application freezes. After about 30 seconds, I receive this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	17218

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager and OS upgrade. My system has been restarted with every change. When I run DM, I exit out of every unnecessary running program.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Closed Thread