Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
JeffW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint
Angry Nextel BIS don't switch anything

Please Login to Remove!

Just switched to the new BIS service from nextel. Bot was that a BIg mistake.

1. You no longer have a internet accessable inbox, so of someone sends you a email with an attachment, you can not save it to a pc unless you forward it to a nother email account.

2. The did NOT carry forward the rules that you had setup, and now you have to set up rules for spam and such for each account you have.

3. The loaded the blackberry screen up with an ikon for each email account you have.

4. They say you are supposed to be able to manage this from you Blackberry, but you can't log in.

Stay away from it till they get some of this fixed.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:54 PM   #2
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

1) This is the same for all BIS 2.0 accounts (Tmobile and Verizon have had this for the past month i belive) If the message was sent directly to your BIS account then yes you will need to forward it to save the attachment. However if it was sent to any other account you have you'll still have a copy in that inbox (either from the web site or your mial client - whereever else you can check the message). Most attachments you can now read on your handheld - i believe the only ones you can't are powerpoint (not 100%) sure

2) The reasons the forwarding rules didn't carry over is because you now have more options - you can set up specific filters for each account to make it easier to manage what emails you want delivered from each account

3) This is a function of handheld software 4.1 - it's to make it easier for you to send email using whatever addres you want - and also lets you know what address the email was sent to - if you don't want to use them you can choose to hide them

4) You can manage your BIS account from the "setup internet email" icon - this will log you directly into your BIS account w/o you needing to enter your password - if it's currently not working it may be because they're still completing the upgrade to the site (can you sign in from your computer?)
Old 04-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Infinyte8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlookBerry
i just switched my bis account and my girlfriends with nextel and i have noticed whatever email accounts you have linked to the bis you get right away. no more polling every 15 mins. also you dont need a blackberry email address to access email as long as you have a email on the bis. and oh ya i lost my @nextel.blackberry.net address. its now @sprint.blackbery.net. its werid its blackbery with one r not two. i dont know why. does any one know?
i was wondering when nextel would switch the carrier names did yours switch automatically?, i just upgraded my BIS as well, it does suck that you cant view attachments online anymore, but now theres no need for BBreply!
Old 04-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
its now @sprint.blackbery.net. its werid its blackbery with one r not two. i dont know why. does any one know?
You think the exchange admin made a boo-boo? Luckily you probably won't use that address anymore so it won't matter.

@Infinyte8 = this is more capable than bbreply. You can actually use each account and not just have the reply come to an account.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
Infinyte8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
@Infinyte8 = this is more capable than bbreply. You can actually use each account and not just have the reply come to an account.
ive been messing with it a little... I kinda of want the carrier name change to happen on my device so i dont have to tell a bunch of people later its changed...
Old 04-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #6
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up

Quote:
i just switched my bis account and my girlfriends with nextel and i have noticed whatever email accounts you have linked to the bis you get right away. no more polling every 15 mins. also you dont need a blackberry email address to access email as long as you have a email on the bis. and oh ya i lost my @nextel.blackberry.net address. its now @sprint.blackbery.net. its werid its blackbery with one r not two. i dont know why. does any one know?
I can't believe this. Other carriers been doing this for a while and it is still 15 minutes or less. Try it again and let us know. In the mean time I am NOT upgrading untill they make me.

I pay a service called VersaForward to forward my mail from AOL to my Blackberry in less than a minute.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

Infinyte8 - i think if you delete your BIS account then re-create it it will be @sprint.blackberry.net

as outlookberry mentioned you no longer even need the BIS account if you don't want it
Old 04-29-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Aaah man, did one of my prayers finally come true? Nextel upgraded to BIS 2.0?

Had I only found this out about 4 vodka drinks ago, Oh well, I’ll figure this out in the morning……….If I sober up by then.

-MrKyoo
Old 04-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
wrongkind

Model: 7100i

This is cool. I linked my daughters email to my phone, so that way i know what is going on. Plus i can connect the wife without her knowledge once i get the password. hehehhe
Old 04-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #10
Infinyte8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
hey everyone. all you have to do is delete your old bb email address then add a new one and u get the @sprint.blackbery.net. keep in mind that the email address is [email address]. one r not two. so its bery not berry. i dont know why but it is. also theres no need of the email address for you bb as long as you have a email address on the bis. so this is cool. plus you can now use what ever email address you want to reply.
Cool i just changed mine did it in a matter of seconds...
Old 04-30-2006, 02:16 AM   #11
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Can we confirm that the emails are automatic not pooling ever 15 min
Old 04-30-2006, 02:22 AM   #12
philton
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 32ba516d
Carrier: Alltel

i sent myself a few test emails and I received them within a few seconds.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:31 AM   #13
two-gun kid
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

i had my friend email me and it goes into my message inbox and into the seperate inbox's that i got when i aas far as the attachment as it still allows me to open and save the attachment.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #14
ToY9CiTO

Model: 7105T

It was really weird I updated Real early this morning sat morning.. it gave me the old nextel.blackberry email but it wasnt forwarding at all for like 2 hours then i logged back into my web client on my pc and this time it told me i needed to chooose a new sprint.blackberry email...i was shocked then when i added my new email name i changed it from my nextel bb email...my old nextel.bb email was still in the system though it was an option in my handheld only one difference this time it added "bis-x" in Front of my old nextel bb email this was called my "web client" email......(ex. my old email was [email address]) but after the update of 2.0 it turned into [email address] but now it seems the whole nextel thing is gone completely....not sure whats goin on did anyone else have this experiece?

i guess maybe i had this because i really didnt like my old main nextel bb email so i changed it when i had to get a new one with the sprint.bb

Not sure but now its finally working pretty well but i didnt get my emails so fast more like 8 minutes not seconds at least not from hotmail account...

It is Cool to be able to choose which email you want to send from.....but to have all those icons on the desktop looked silly to me plus i just use the mail message folder hit "C" then choose the email i want to send from...so i HIDE all the Email account Icons from desktop except my main Blackberry account...

Last edited by ToY9CiTO; 04-30-2006 at 07:15 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 06:19 AM   #15
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Hmmm. If it's pop mail, it must be polling the server. Does that mean it's polling continously now?
Old 04-30-2006, 06:19 AM   #16
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I want rogers to upgrade their BIS. We're behind the times here!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:42 AM   #17
SimpleComplex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: TMO8120 & Sprint8330
Angry A couple questions... damn this upgrade!

I, too, just upgraded. But it wasn't necessarily by choice. I logged-in to my BIS inbox and was automatically prompted. Bummer. Anyway, now that that's done, and looking thorugh some of the posts, I'm wondering: How could Sprint/Nextel do this? Seems like you'd never use a name with enough gravitas (such as Blackberry) and switch it to something like Blackbery [one R] just because. So I got to thinking: Have they done this to move people to a Sprint-branded address, but be able to separate "us" [read: Nextel subscribers] from "them" [original Sprint subscribers]?

Not that it matters to me if I'm "us" or "them," but is there some sort of business-based reasoning behind what ends up sounding like a deliberate differentiation in domains?

And the domain registry of blackbery.net [one R] is actually registered to RIM, so it would seem to me there is some deliberate action here. Or if it using the one R wasn't deliberate, it was an accident-turned-CYA because RIM could have presumably registered the one R domain just to make sure no one could pirate a like-named website. I digress.

Ah well, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so again I don't really care.

Truth is, my anal-retentive-obsessive-compulsive-self would like an e-mail address that represents validity to me, not some bastard-child blackbery.net domain with a single R. It's like having an Apple/Mac address of @mak.com instead @mac.com --what a pain in my psyche!

Oh, and another thing: Why wasn't I informed of this upgrade through communiques either from Sprint/Nextel or Blackberry via their newsletters? I mean c'mon, I hear easier from Lexus on my smog emissions test expiration than from these blokes on the status of my phone.

OK, I was pissed when I started this post and now I'm less-pissed.

Don't flame me for ranting, but honestly, my question is:
Does anyone have any idea if this blackbery.net [one R] issue will be resolved; and if so, in what timeframe? I just like to know these things.

And another question: If I use my Message List to send an e-mail an select "source" as "Webclient," the sent email uses my signature from my old BIS site, and not any from either my desktop or other newly-created BIS addresses. This is a little weird, and somewhat annoying since I have not found a way to get into something to edit or delete the unneeded signature.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SimpleComplex; 04-30-2006 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #18
whsbuss

Model: 9800

Quote:
mine are comeing to me asap. when i send from my puter i get them on my bb in seconds. im not sending to my bb email either. no more polling
I've been on the Verizon BIS 2.0 for 3 weeks and It still takes up to 15 minutes for email to be delivered both POP3 and IMAP. Only my Yahoo email configured on the BIS is instant. Can you clarify what email server you have configured that's doing real time delivery?
Old 04-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #19
Dispatcher35
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8350i
PIN: 4026f12b
Carrier: Nextel

I upgraded last night and was not prompted to change my e-mail address. It let me keep my @nextel.blackberry.net address. I do have a couple of questions that I don't understand and hope someone can answer.
  1. When I go to delete a message from my BB I now have 3 options, Delete from Handheld, Delete from Inbox and Handheld or Cancel. If I go for Delete from Handheld and In box does that mean the message is also gone from my POP3 account or whatever account it was sent to and is never to be read again?
  2. If I set up a filter not to forward selected messages that are sent to my @nextel.blackberry.net address does that mean that these messages go to never never land and can never be read anywhere?
  3. I know that I used to be able to go to the Nextel BIS site and read messages that were sent to my BIS address. With the upgrade I assume that the only place I can read these messages is from my BB?

Mike

Marlborough, MA
BB PIN=4026F12b~~AIM=Mikeyp158
[email address]
Old 04-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #20
Berry One

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleComplex
my question is:
Does anyone have any idea if this blackbery.net [one R] issue will be resolved; and if so, in what timeframe? I just like to know these things.
Must be resolved by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleComplex
And another question: If I use my Message List to send an e-mail an select "source" as "Webclient," the sent email uses my signature from my old BIS site, and not any from either my desktop or other newly-created BIS addresses. This is a little weird, and somewhat annoying since I have not found a way to get into something to edit or delete the unneeded signature.
Do not choose "Webclient" to send emails from. To get rid of it permanently, delete service book with the name webclient.
Closed Thread