BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon
Default Hided Filed Messages Also Hides Inbox (BES)

Please Login to Remove!

I am running 7.0.0.374 on my Verizon 9930 and am connected to BES/Exchange 2010. Here's the situation: I have Hide Filed Messages turned on because I keep most of my work e-mails and file them for later retrieval if needed. This keeps my inbox trimmed down to a short list of current e-mails. However, my 9930 does not show any of these inbox messages either in the Desktop mailbox or the mail Messages app on the device. If I turn off Hide Filed Messages, then the device shows all of my e-mails... both the ones in the inbox and the ones filed in folders. Note that if I receive a new e-mail, it does show up on the device. However, as soon as it's read, it disappears.

I want Hide Filed Messages turned on, but I want to see my inbox as well. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't the phone do what I am expecting it to do? In other words, why would the phone be hiding messages that are in the inbox? Those aren't considered filed, are they?

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Default Re: Hided Filed Messages Also Hides Inbox (BES)

Have you got more than just a BES e-mail account, like any other e-mail accounts set up on the device?

Are all mailboxes set to show up in your message list?

The "Hide filed messages" should only hide message you manually file, but if you have redirection set up for more than your Inbox and Sent items...say like other folders in your desktop folder profile, you may experience odd behaviour, just like what you described...

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Old 11-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
ifonline
Magic Bananas

First, why on earth did I title this thread "Hided Filed Messages..."? Hided? Anyway...

I have a BES plus four BIS accounts on the phone. All accounts are set to be shown in the messages app. Folder redirection? Hm... I need to read more about that.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 11-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
ifonline
Magic Bananas

The only folders selected under folder redirection are inbox and sent items, the default as far as I know. It seems that there is a bug and I'm not sure how to get past it. Showing all messages doesn't work because my messages app would be flooded with filed messages, but hiding filed messages also hides the inbox. Reboots don't help. Battery pulls don't help. I suppose I could re-install the OS to see if that helps. Oh, and I see this issue in both the Messages app and the Desktop inbox. In other words, both show no messages even though there are several in the Inbox in Exchange/Outlook, and I can see them if I select the Inbox under View Folder.

Semper Fi 3/2/2

Last edited by ifonline; 11-19-2011 at 05:45 AM..
Old 11-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Well, out of frustration I switched the view to Inbox on the BlackBerry so I could see all my messages. I noticed that all of the e-mail in the Inbox displayed a folder icon instead of a white read email icon. Odd, I thought. While the view as still showing the Inbox, I sent myself a test message. The message arrived and showed the yellow unread email icon (as it had in the past). However, this time, after I read the email on the device, the icon changed to a white read email icon, not a folder icon. I then switched back to the default view in the Messages app, and the email remained in view.

I then sent myself a second test message while in the default view, and everything worked as expected. I have no idea what happened, but fingers crossed, it has sorted itself out. I now have Hide Filed Messages checked, and yet I can now see email sitting in my BES inbox (like I should be able to). Granted, all historical email is "filed" in the Inbox, but it looks like any new email will now properly display.

*shrug*

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Closed Thread