Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
amarnath.avula@gmail.com

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default Deleting gmail emails are not in sync with black berry

Please Login to Remove!

I have a gmail a/c configured in my black berry. I get many emails in this a/c and the way I operate is delete unwanted emails (around 100) in gmail account directly.

I have observed that the deleted emails are still in black beryy bold 2 even after getting deleted in gmail a/c.

Is there any way the emails get deleted automatically in black berry If i delete a email in gmail a/c
Old 01-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Email does not sync using BIS. I know you can set up Yahoo to sync in some fashion, but I am not sure about Gmail since I don't use it.

Please use the SEARCH feature as I know I have seen this covered before.

And a bit of advice. It is not a good idea to use an email address as a user name. Unless of course you ant more SPAM than you can imagine. There are BOTS lurking all the time trying to siphon email addresses.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 01-09-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

Wirelessly posted

If you use the gmail app on your BlackBerry then when you delete in your gmail profile online it will sync with the app.

Having it configured via BIS does not sync (as far as I know), that's why I use the app, because whatever I do within my gmail account online or in the gmail app on my BlackBerry, all sync up. And the gmail app gives me access to all the labels I create in my gmail account online as well as allow me to access multiple gmail accounts all at the same time.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I first associated my gmail account with BIS around version 2.3 or 2.4.

When a beta of the enhanced gmail plugin was floating around, I deleted 2 other google apps accounts and tried them with the plugin. I didn't like it, so I switched them back.

My google apps accounts will sync items deleted via the web. Stated differently, if I delete a message on my computer, it will be removed from my blackberry. It doesn't happen instantly, it can take a few hours sometimes.

My regular gmail account had this same behavior for more than a year. When I bought my 9700, I foolishly deleted and reassociated that regular gmail account.

I have again removed the enhanced gmail plugin from my OS, because I simply don't like it.

Now, I can't even get items deleted on my blackberry to sync with gmail - everything remains in my inbox. In fact, items I delete on my blackberry will reappear as new messages on the next BIS sync, usually between 1 - 15 minutes. So I have disabled the deleted items sync option and I have to delete in two places - on my handheld and via the web.

Why won't gmail just work? It always used to. I've noticed (after several attempts to reconfigure) that adding a gmail account via the BIS website simply will not allow me to configure the advanced settings. I only get general settings, no matter what I try.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thats because BIS 2.8 (or possibly 2.7) removed the need to enter advanced settings, and now setups "as it should be" imap, with no receiving of sent mail from gmail webface.

And to the OP, no, deleting on gmail doesn't affect your blackberry.
Deleting on blackberry can be reconciled with gmail, BB -> gmail but not gmail -> BB.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
I first associated my gmail account with BIS around version 2.3 or 2.4.

When a beta of the enhanced gmail plugin was floating around, I deleted 2 other google apps accounts and tried them with the plugin. I didn't like it, so I switched them back.

My google apps accounts will sync items deleted via the web. Stated differently, if I delete a message on my computer, it will be removed from my blackberry. It doesn't happen instantly, it can take a few hours sometimes.

My regular gmail account had this same behavior for more than a year. When I bought my 9700, I foolishly deleted and reassociated that regular gmail account.

I have again removed the enhanced gmail plugin from my OS, because I simply don't like it.

Now, I can't even get items deleted on my blackberry to sync with gmail - everything remains in my inbox. In fact, items I delete on my blackberry will reappear as new messages on the next BIS sync, usually between 1 - 15 minutes. So I have disabled the deleted items sync option and I have to delete in two places - on my handheld and via the web.

Why won't gmail just work? It always used to. I've noticed (after several attempts to reconfigure) that adding a gmail account via the BIS website simply will not allow me to configure the advanced settings. I only get general settings, no matter what I try.
Please do not hijack another's thread. that is considered bad forum manners.

You should start a new thread with your question/problem.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Please do not hijack another's thread. that is considered bad forum manners.

You should start a new thread with your question/problem.
Didn't intend to hijack.

My post was on point. Deleting on gmail used to sync with my BlackBerry (exactly what OP was asking about). I went into the details to explain when/why it used to work, and when/why it stopped.

I admit I rambled on a bit, but I certainly wasn't off topic or hijacking. Heck, I think I added a few additional details to a rather vague question, including my efforts at troubleshooting the issue.

Regardless, point taken. I'll be more concise and focused in the future.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
McBrucie

Carrier: 3 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarnath.avula@gmail.com View Post
I have a gmail a/c configured in my black berry. I get many emails in this a/c and the way I operate is delete unwanted emails (around 100) in gmail account directly.

I have observed that the deleted emails are still in black beryy bold 2 even after getting deleted in gmail a/c.

Is there any way the emails get deleted automatically in black berry If i delete a email in gmail a/c
I found this too...What seems to happen is when you delete the emails they go to the trash , which the BB does not seem to notice...as it treats it like any folder. If you empty the trash on you computer they should go on your BB
Closed Thread