Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #181
greggray
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZ

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not sure we really need to be able to swipe down to change profiles. It just does not feel intuitive to me. The screen scrolling behavior is much more natural and I would not overload it. Perhaps it would be better to have a button that shows your current profile and when you press it a list of profiles comes up that you can choose from.

-Greg

Last edited by greggray; 03-04-2009 at 12:08 AM..
Old 03-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #182
paulmac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Love the program, one (more) suggestion. A link in the program to check for updates. I love the fact that new updates are comming out quickly, but would like to have the app check and download the latest right from the BB.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #183
tbhuang2

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
Love the program, one (more) suggestion. A link in the program to check for updates. I love the fact that new updates are comming out quickly, but would like to have the app check and download the latest right from the BB.
I agree, this would indeed be very useful! I love having the newest of this software.
-Threaded SMS
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #184
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
This is simply not practical during the alpha and beta phases of the software development cycle. Tateu maintains the change log (text file on website in original post) so that you can follow the rapid changes made available to test at your own discretion.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #185
hd_rider
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Is there an issue with displaying the cuurrent conditions? Up until yesterday, I would see the conditions in addition to the temp (i.e., fair, sunny, partly cloudy, etc.). Now that has been replaced by "N/A". Is there something I need to look at to correct this?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #186
tbhuang2

For some reason, only my current and homescreen poll interval updates at the time interval I set it. I have my forecast poll interval set for 120 mins but really, it never updates until I hit the menu button and "update now". I've had BBWeather running in the background all night without it ever updating the forecast screens. Is this just me?
-Threaded SMS
Old 03-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #187
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhuang2 View Post
For some reason, only my current and homescreen poll interval updates at the time interval I set it. I have my forecast poll interval set for 120 mins but really, it never updates until I hit the menu button and "update now". I've had BBWeather running in the background all night without it ever updating the forecast screens. Is this just me?
I have noticed the same thing... it's not just you...
Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #188
greggray
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: VZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_rider View Post
Is there an issue with displaying the cuurrent conditions? Up until yesterday, I would see the conditions in addition to the temp (i.e., fair, sunny, partly cloudy, etc.). Now that has been replaced by "N/A". Is there something I need to look at to correct this?
The problem is that when BBWeather was checking for current conditions it failed. Next time it connects it will fix the icon or open the app and return and it will be fixed right away. I would prefer that it keep the old icon if it is not over an hour or two out of date.

-Greg
Old 03-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #189
Ultrafied

Model: 9530

Great App! Dumped WB after using it since it came out. One question, can we make the text in the Home Screen Icon user selectable for a couple of colors? Sometimes the black color is hard to read on some theme/wallpaper changes.
Once again, this is a really nice app. Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #190
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrafied View Post
Great App! Dumped WB after using it since it came out. One question, can we make the text in the Home Screen Icon user selectable for a couple of colors? Sometimes the black color is hard to read on some theme/wallpaper changes.
Once again, this is a really nice app. Thanks!
I believe that this is theme controlled. I use BB Dimension L theme (bundled with OS v4.5), at the text is black with a white outline, just like all of the other app rollovers.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #191
mikadad
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu View Post
For the experimental and brave at heart, I have decided to put up alpha releases of BBWeather. This may get updated several times per day or not at all for a few weeks, months, years. It will depend on how motivated towards programming I feel and whether or not I have new features to implement or bugs to fix. At some point, when I have been running a new build for long enough without any issues, it will be put out as a regular release. These experimental releases will often have the same version number, so the only way to tell if it is newer than the build you currently have is to check the "list of changes" for a timestamp and compare that to the application description listed on your BB under Options->AdvancedOptions->Applications->BBWeather->Properties->Description.

These alpha releases are currently compiled under JDE v4.3 so they will most likely not work on any device with an OS less than 4.3 (don't even bother asking for an earlier version, I will not do it). When I put out one of these builds as official, I will then try to compile an older version that will function on v4.2 devices.

This link will always contain the latest version that I am currently testing/debugging on my own device.
http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather_alpha

Warning: it may very well contain bugs or not even function at all.

It is also possible that the above link may be down for extended periods of time, without any warning. If I put up a version and then find a severe bug, I will immediately remove the link until I can get a new fixed version ready.

and to see a "list of changes":
http://www.tateu.net/software/BBWeather_alpha.txt

And after all the above, if there are any of you brave enough to try it...feel free to post bugs and/or suggestions/comments here. I can't promise I will pay any attention to them, but it can't hurt.

A more stable "official" release v0.83 is also available here:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ml#post1295719

what is Full supposed to show under rollover text?? shows bbweather and nothing more
Old 03-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #192
Pink2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink2 View Post
I changed my settings back to the 30 min update for the home screen and have only gone into the app 1ce today and I am at 60% after 11 hours. I am on .167 OS if that has anything to do with it. Since this is Sat, I use my phone less and used less apps.
I wanted to update you on the issue about the battery drain - It seems that the app just needed to settle in, my battery usage has returned to normal. I haven't been opening the app though, I just have it updating the home screen and have conditions and temp there for me to view.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #193
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Well. Controlling the update settings will help with battery power regardless of OS or device

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #194
Ultrafied

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
I believe that this is theme controlled. I use BB Dimension L theme (bundled with OS v4.5), at the text is black with a white outline, just like all of the other app rollovers.
Are you talking about the temperature within the icon itself, because that is what I am talking about. I understand the text color within the rollover which details temperature and condition.

Last edited by Ultrafied; 03-06-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #195
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Question

I am running the latest BBWeather 0.84 alpha (2009-02-28 16:01:48 PST) for my 8830. I discovered a bug where if you select a Default Screen other than Current Conditions within Options, HomeScreen Updates do not occur when Enabled. This may be related to the fact that the HomeScreen icon is not automatically updated without first launching the app in order to pull the current conditions data.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #196
paulmac

PIN: Ask

Quote:
I am running the latest BBWeather 0.84 alpha (2009-02-28 16:01:48 PST) for my 8830. I discovered a bug where if you select a Default Screen other than Current Conditions within Options, HomeScreen Updates do not occur when Enabled. This may be related to the fact that the HomeScreen icon is not automatically updated without first launching the app in order to pull the current conditions data.
Not sure if this is true. It may be more related to the theme you are running. I have my BB weather set to "current conditions" but I notice that some themes allow the icon to work and update, while other don't. Seems like a lot of new themes people are developing for the storm don't allow the icon to update.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #197
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Not sure if this is true. It may be more related to the theme you are running. I have my BB weather set to "current conditions" but I notice that some themes allow the icon to work and update, while other don't. Seems like a lot of new themes people are developing for the storm don't allow the icon to update.
I am using a standard RIM theme bundled with the OS -- BB Dimension L.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #198
tateu

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Are you sure? It works fine on my Bold OS v4.6.0.247. You know you have to go to the main Application Home screen before the text will update on the dock icon?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #199
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu View Post
Are you sure? It works fine on my Bold OS v4.6.0.247. You know you have to go to the main Application Home screen before the text will update on the dock icon?
I am aware that I need to go to the main application home screen before the text will update on the dock icon.

Let me try to expand on what is happening. First of all, no matter how long I wait, the text will not update (still shows "N/A") on either the device homescreen or the main application homescreen without first launching the BBWeather app in order to force it to retrieve the current conditions. This might be related to some changes you made a few iterations back:
V0.84 Alpha 2009-02-25 05:23:50 PST
* Changed 30 second delay before weather is downloaded when device first boots to 15 seconds

V0.84 Alpha 2009-02-24 18:52:14 PST
* Changed 60 second delay before weather is downloaded when device first boots to 30 seconds
I am wondering if the additional boot overhead associated with a BES configuration may be causing the initial attempt to download weather following boot to fail -- possibly the 15 second delay is too short. Just a thought...

Second, if I go through the following steps:
  1. change the Default Screen from Current Conditions to Daily Forecast on the BBWeather Options screen
  2. save changes;
  3. exit the app;
  4. reboot device;
  5. launch BBWeather (to force download of weather that doesn't occur automatically); and
  6. return to homescreen,
the icon still shows "N/A" on both homescreen icons, and rolling over either icon displays "BBWeather, time date". If I change the Default Screen option back to Current Conditions, and force an update, the icons (including conditons, text, and rollover text) are properly updated.

Hopefully, this clears things up a bit...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 AM   #200
tbhuang2

My hourly updates never update on its own... I don't think they ever did. Hourly forecast is my default screen. Same for N day forecast.
-Threaded SMS
Closed Thread