BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:17 AM   #1
dabull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Default **Update** Verizon is GOOD. ( i left verizon and they charge me $165)

Please Login to Remove!

for what? i signed up with them last november 1 year ago on a 1 YEAR agreement. this november i had tmobile get rid of those hillbillies for me and what do i find in my email today?

$165 CHARGE DUE!!!!!!! wtf?!?!

it gets better, i go to log into my verizon account online and it wont let me in, the password doesnt work anymore. i go to reset the password and it says my info is not on file!! they already deleted my online account!!

boy they got some explaining to do. i paid my last bill already, this best damn well not be a service termination charge. locking me out of my account worries me though, i wonder if someone else ran up minutes on me when i changed providers somehow.

my god am i glad i got a one year contract. stay away from any obligation to any cell-phone company!!!

Last edited by dabull; 11-11-2006 at 10:14 AM..
Old 11-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

While your phone number probably isn't "registered" and available online, they'll still have your account info after the fact. A call to Customer Service should clear up the "why". Though the answer may still suck.

Good luck...
Old 11-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

It's possible that they accidently sign you up for 2 years instead of 1 year. Give them a call.

Anyway, welcome to T-mobile! They have the best prices around!
Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle
Though the answer may still suck.

Good luck...

no. my answer will suck to them. they are not getting $165 from me, and its the very reason i never do automatic billing
Old 11-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #5
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabull
no. my answer will suck to them. they are not getting $165 from me, and its the very reason i never do automatic billing
I had NOTHING but problems with verizon and sprint. Sprint was far worse with my bill changing every month even tho I never went over my minutes and had the same exact plan. Every month was a challenge and 2 hours on the phone trying to get the bill sorted out. It would eventually get resolved until the next month and then same old, same old.

My T-mo bill has NEVER been wrong yet in 2 years. So.... Welcome to the pay your bill and use your phone life

Good luck with them, I am sure they will have an excuse, demand it gets paid and if not they will post it on your credit report.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
dabull

no they wont post it on my credit score. i will ask for every supervisor if i have to, and when i hit the last one they give me, and he doesnt do anything, then i get his full name and tell him that he needs to show up to small claims court. this is bullshit to no end, no way im paying that money. i already gave them what, holy shit its about $1100 over the course of this last year!!!! my skin is crawling
Old 11-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #7
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
no they wont post it on my credit score. i will ask for every supervisor if i have to, and when i hit the last one they give me, and he doesnt do anything, then i get his full name and tell him that he needs to show up to small claims court. this is bullshit to no end, no way im paying that money. i already gave them what, holy shit its about $1100 over the course of this last year!!!! my skin is crawling

Good luck with them! I have NO idea how sprint and verizon are still in bizz... I was happy with cingular and have been thrilled with tmo...

You might get a kick out of this... When I left verizon they had a $12 dollar amount that they listed as past due. 3 years later I went to refinance my house and guess what? The $12 was listed as a write off and neg entry on my credit. I paid the IDIOTS just to get it corrected....

Best of luck, but I think you will find them to be a very rude and unhelpful, even more so sine they won't be taking anymore of your hard earned moola..
Old 11-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
goaliemn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
no they wont post it on my credit score. i will ask for every supervisor if i have to, and when i hit the last one they give me, and he doesnt do anything, then i get his full name and tell him that he needs to show up to small claims court.
Thats the beautiful part.. I used to work in a phone center.. people would blow off steam like this all the time. They will post it to your credit report if you don't pay them. If you accidentally signed up for 2 years, or there was some sort of stipulation in their contract, you will pay it. You can threaten to bring them into court. If you show up in court, and they have a contract you agreed to with anything saying you legally owe them the money, you will have a court telling you to pay it, plus a possible counters suit for legal fees, as they will be sending very expensive lawyers. Besides, most agreements have "binding arbitration" clauses now, which basically says you gave up your right to sue, and the most you can do is arbitration. And, if you lose, you pay the fees for the arbitrator.

People threaten to sue so much, its almost a joke. most large companies know they won't follow through, or once they realize taking on a huge company is nearly impossible, they drop it.
Your "supervisor" will not be there. I had many names I'd give customers. Never my real one. We were given names to use to give a customer, so they could still track it down to us. Good luck on this.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #9
dabull

i didnt accidentally sign up for two years. I ALWAYS SPECIFICALLY TELL THEM i want a one year contract. i paid $300 for my last phone, i did not get a discount on it because of the one year contract. theres your proof right there that THEY screwed up the agreement. not me.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #10
goaliemn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
i didnt accidentally sign up for two years. I ALWAYS SPECIFICALLY TELL THEM i want a one year contract. i paid $300 for my last phone, i did not get a discount on it because of the one year contract. theres your proof right there that THEY screwed up the agreement. not me.
Do you have any friends who are attorneys, or work with one regularly? If so, I'd have them send off a letter to Verizon explaining it. its possible it was misfiled as a 2 year agreement. Clerical errors do occur. If you are in the right, it should be fairly easy to resolve with a letter or 2.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #11
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Have you even called them yet? It may be a mix up on their end, and they may be able to fix it quickly. You're not going to know until you try.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #12
dabull

yeah i had to wake up a little before i could talk.

btw, it wasnt my intention to go on there and just start yelling. ive worked customer service too and i know its not the way to get things done.

it started out great, i told the lady what happened, and she asked me to hold. when she came back, it wasnt her. It was another rep, and first thing she asked was 'whats your name' and of course everything else that i had already told the last rep. i never even asked to speak to anyone else. i had to give out my social security number TWICE on the phone.

anyway,

apparently it was my fault. i termintated 3 DAYS EARLY. wtf, i couldnt believe how cold they were about it. again, i was absolutely polite until they told me they simply didnt care if i was never going to do business with verizon again.

I asked her, "so youre perfectly ok with losing a customer, and other potential ones, for life because of a 3-day discrepancy?" and she replied "we are sorry to loose you as a customer"

good one, verizon. Now everyone i know knows, everyone here knows, and your list of shit just keeps growing. forget about your world-domination of cell phone service, with business practices like that i have no doubt in my mind your stock will fall someday faster then it went up.

so i guess it was my fault, i dont remember signing up when they said i did, but i dont have the bill either. oh well, **** verizon. i know for a fact uscellular would have worked out a deal, in fact they gave me a partial credit when i left them. and that was in the middle of my last month.

i sent them an email specifically explaining the situation. surely it wont matter yet it can be just another bad mark on their growing list of unhappy customers.

Last edited by dabull; 11-10-2006 at 04:08 PM..
Old 11-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I am sure if you contact verizon and ask them to reinstate your service, you Might be able to continue on your current contract. Then in 3 days cancel again.

If you ported, you will need to port back and then cancel. With Cingular its called a Win Back
Old 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #14
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
I am sure if you contact verizon and ask them to reinstate your service, you Might be able to continue on your current contract. Then in 3 days cancel again.

If you ported, you will need to port back and then cancel. With Cingular its called a Win Back
but that wouldnt be fair to tmobile, and they would probably charge me for terminating early with them.

i guess i can see why they wanted to give everyone the oppertunity to keep their numbers when switching service. FOOLISHLY i thought they wanted to make life easier for us, but clearly its because you cant let your contract run out anymore like you could if you just got a different number.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #15
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

TMO isnt going to care because in the end they would still get you as a customer. Most companies have a 30 trial period in which you can cancel without early termination fees.

Just check with TMO. Otherwise, just pay the 165... your call.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #16
dabull

we will see what verizon says about that email i sent them. i have found that emails tend to go higher up the latter anyway. espcially ones that note 'losing customers for life'.

i didnt think that i could re-instate my service with verizon. i asked her if i could pay the last month and she said outright NO, we cant do that.

Last edited by dabull; 11-10-2006 at 04:22 PM..
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #17
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

You can let your contract run out if you get a different number, but YOU have to call and cancel the service when the service contract has expired. They arent going to cancel it for you with out your consent. You just go to a month to month basis.

Either way....
Old 11-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #18
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Quote:
we will see what verzin says about that email i sent them. i have found that emails tend to go higher up the latter anyway. espcially ones that note 'losing customers for life'.

i didnt think that i could re-instate my service with verizon. i asked her if i could pay the last month and she said outright NO, we cant do that.
She wont be able to do that. Either you cancel early or you dont. No getting to pay the last month and skating free. No matter what company you go with.

ALL CELL companies are generally very strict about ETF's. You cancel early, you get the ETF.

And I honestly dont think that any email you send is going to make the difference. Policy stands in most cases. You signed for 2 yrs, you canceled early, you pay the ETF

And besides that. You left Verizon for TMO. I dont think that Verizon is going to like that too much. I mean, if you were my customer and you ported your service from me to my buddy. I just lost you as a customer. To be honest...i am not going to care about your feelings anymore. if you want to come back...fine. But i am not going to wave any fees just so you can go to my buddy and get service from him.

Last edited by coreyg510; 11-10-2006 at 04:28 PM..
Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #19
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
ummm... I don't recommend doing that... you will have a bad credit report... I recommend calling them.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #20
dabull

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
She wont be able to do that. Either you cancel early or you dont. No getting to pay the last month and skating free. No matter what company you go with.

ALL CELL companies are generally very strict about ETF's. You cancel early, you get the ETF.

And I honestly dont think that any email you send is going to make the difference. Policy stands in most cases. You signed for 2 yrs, you canceled early, you pay the ETF

And besides that. You left Verizon for TMO. I dont think that Verizon is going to like that too much. I mean, if you were my customer and you ported your service from me to my buddy. I just lost you as a customer. To be honest...i am not going to care about your feelings anymore. if you want to come back...fine. But i am not going to wave any fees just so you can go to my buddy and get service from him.

no, they should have worked a deal so they could potentially have me back someday. i know they say terminated early, technically. but it didnt cost them anything to lose for for 3 days. at least not $165 worth. beside, i remember signing up and it wasnt 3 days later. i think i signed up on a friday and they didnt start my billing cyle till monday (the first business day following).

at the very least you would think they would wonder why i left them. i guess they already know that answer
Closed Thread