BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 30519FCC
Carrier: Verizon
Default Pre-Paid Credit Card (blackberry related)

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I have a dumb question but it's related to my storm so I figured someone might have some information for me. I am going to be getting a pre-paid rebate card back from Verizon of $50 soon but wanted to buy a few accessories for my Storm now with my Credit Card. Can I pay on my regular credit card (make a payment) with my pre-paid card when it comes in?

So if I buy $50 worth of accessories and charge it to my CC, when my pre paid card comes in, can I use it to pay off my balance? Can you even do that? Thanks lol
Old 03-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

The rebate cards that I have seen are debit cards and many places will not take them. Tried to use one in a hotel bar the other night and they wouldn't take it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, I've heard that as well but can I make a payment to my Credit Card using the pre paid debit (visa card)? I know that sounds weird, but was just curious.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveAura View Post
Yes, I've heard that as well but can I make a payment to my Credit Card using the pre paid debit (visa card)? I know that sounds weird, but was just curious.
I'm not sure myself. But u can go to a visa place to cash the card and get the cash. And maybe u can put the money in ur account and pay off the credit card.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

When you say visa place, give me an example please. Like a certain bank or what?
Old 03-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
When you say visa place, give me an example please. Like a certain bank or what?
Yah I'm sorry...lol.."visa place"...lol...I forgot where the paper said in the envelope that u can take it somewhere to get it cashed....maybe somebody can answer this..

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

So the paper that comes with it says you can get it cashed then too? LOL, sorry if im beign igorant at the moment, but I do appreciate you trying to help me ;) I am just looking at some cases and was gonna get em if I could do it this way.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #8
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
So the paper that comes with it says you can get it cashed then too? LOL, sorry if im beign igorant at the moment, but I do appreciate you trying to help me ;) I am just looking at some cases and was gonna get em if I could do it this way.
Yah. Like an idiot I threw the paper away...but yup...there's a paper in the envelope where the card will come with and it tells u a bunch of options on how to use it and stuff...not sure if using it as a credit card was in there..

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (My Bold)

You can use it as credit cards online. Most stores don't take it. However, you can cash it at your bank for free
Old 03-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
J86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530

Quote:
Ok, I have a dumb question but it's related to my storm so I figured someone might have some information for me. I am going to be getting a pre-paid rebate card back from Verizon of $50 soon but wanted to buy a few accessories for my Storm now with my Credit Card. Can I pay on my regular credit card (make a payment) with my pre-paid card when it comes in?

So if I buy $50 worth of accessories and charge it to my CC, when my pre paid card comes in, can I use it to pay off my balance? Can you even do that? Thanks lol

We are not going to be able to answer what form of payments your credit card company takes, you should ask them. Most, if not all, with not allow you to make payment to your account with another credit card, even if its a "debit" card. The cards from Verizon rebates are Visa branded debit cards from Citi Bank.

Anyway - The rebate card I got from Verizon when I got my storm, was issued by Citi Bank. The paper work it came with had instructions and a web site to go to. You have the option of logging into their site and transferring all of the balance to your bank account, so you don't have to worry about if the card it accepted at stores etc.

Last edited by J86; 03-15-2009 at 07:50 PM..
Closed Thread