Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
J_C_T
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BES
Default Two BES Issues

Please Login to Remove!

I just recently installed BES successfully without any issues. I also set up my first blackberry on it. It was an out of the box one. That also went smoothly.
Yesterday we had an issue and the server which BES is installed on went down. I got it up and running and now started the services of the BES. The one blackberry device that was already functioning properly lost connectivity and is unable to receive or send e-mails. I am not sure what the issue is if i restarted the services and it says Status: Running. I dont have that device close to me so i cant see if i need to manually reconnect it or something along those lines. This is my first time using BES and Blackberrys in general so its a bit of a learning curve. I need to get that blackberry going ASAP.

The other issue: I was just given a Verizon Blackberry that has a software running on it which sends it its e-mails. I was asked to join this to the BES. I directly connected the device and BES recognizes it, however; when i go to Assign the Device it says "An Error Occurred while assigning the device to the user." "The user is not yet known to the Blackberry Agent. It can take several minutes for a newly added user to be fully initialized by the server before they can be provisioned." I'm not sure if this is directly related to the 1st issue i'm having or a separate one all together. Please help!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

** Moved to BES Admin Corner **
Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

I'm guessing permissions ...

what mail platform (version & service pack too please) and what version & service pack of BES?

The user is not yet known to the BlackBerry Agent

Assigning permissions for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account
Old 10-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
J_C_T

Exchange 2007 version 08.00.0685.018
BES is on a separate Server Running Windows 2003 Standard R2
BES is version 4.1.4.15

It was working just fine. I had it up and running for a week before the server crashed and i had to reboot it. Ever since then i have been unable to add users and the user already added has no connectivity. Last Contact Time with the user was yesterday. I've reset the services and still nothing.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

What happened to the BES that caused it to crash? What do you see in the ALRT logs on the server?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
J_C_T

well the Domain Controller stopped responding and we shut and restarted the servers while we were troubleshooting. Trying out different things to see why the DC stopped Functioning. It was stuck on Applying Network Settings in the log in screen. Eventually after restarting the firewall and things like that everything came back up. Well, except the BES i guess. I looked in Services and none of the BES services were running... so i started all services and rebooted the BES from within the application where it asks to reboot the BES. Thats about as far as ive gone. Do i need to maybe have the guy who owns the blackberry do something on his end to reconnect onto the BES?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #7
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Give the BES Server OS a reboot; nothing should have to be done on the users side at all
Old 10-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
J_C_T

i restarted the OS still nothing. AT&T says to give the Blackberry a new encryption key. Not sure what that is or if that would help. I dont see the option to do that under the user settings with-in the BES
Old 10-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #9
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

You can regenerate a key on the HH ... can you post anything from the ALRT logs?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
J_C_T

I mailed you the log, also the guy who owns the Blackberry called AT&T and they told him to create a new key, however; im not sure how to do that.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #11
snapp

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_C_T View Post
I mailed you the log, also the guy who owns the Blackberry called AT&T and they told him to create a new key, however; im not sure how to do that.
On the BB options - security options - general settings - scroll to the bottom and highlight "Desktop" under services. click wheel/menu button and choose "Regenerate Encrytion key"
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #12
J_C_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapp View Post
On the BB options - security options - general settings - scroll to the bottom and highlight "Desktop" under services. click wheel/menu button and choose "Regenerate Encrytion key"
Its Giving me an error message, I believe it says the server did not respond or could not be reached, and is quickly removed by another pop up that says contact your administrator
Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #13
J_C_T

im not entirely sure what went wrong here, but i figured since i only had one user currently set up to my BES i reinstalled the software from scratch and rejoined the user. It works fine now and i've added several people more. Hopefully this issue does not happen again :D Thanks for all the help guys.
Closed Thread