Model: 8700r
Carrier: Lots

Old 01-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
gjp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon
Default How to uninstall BlackBerryOS4? [Help needed, ASAP]

How can I remove v40 off of my 7750? I would prefer to go back to the original verision.

thank you

I really need this done now, I have been on this for 4 hours already

If someone will call me and walk me through this I will paypal them $20 (pm me for my number or I will call you, what ever)

I really need this back to the original settings so i can get back to work ASAP

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

You used an undescriptive topic title, "HELP Needed ASAP". That's why you got no replies. Please use a descriptive topic title next time, such as "How do I uninstall BlackBerryOS4? Help!". I have now edited your post to use such a more descriptive topic title

To do this, just go to the links where you downloaded BlackBerryOS4 (BlackBerryOS4 Downloads) -- there'll also be an older version of BlackBerryOS on the same page as BlackBerryOS 4 as well. You just install the latest stable BlackBerryOS version 3.7 on top ... it will remove 4.0.

BTW -- If you are experiencing the hourglass issue of 4.0, please make sure you delete some stuff so that you have at least 1.5 megabytes free (uninstall applications, etc). Then 4.0 won't slow down so dramatically.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 01-11-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

Might I suggest searching for this topic "uninstall OS" as well. It has been covered time and time again. I myself explained it in detail just last week. You should find 4 or 5 references to uninstalling/reinstalling the OS on a blackberry on the first search page.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
gjp
Thumbs Must Hurt

bfrye - thank you. I did a search as you suggested prior to my post. I searched: uninstall OS (selected all words and only 1 thread came up and it was no help. Maybe I searched wrong but I tried it again and the same thing came up?

Mark - thank you I did try that and no luck, I was on the phone with vzw for 70 + min and no luck. Since they do not support v4 but since it is still under their 15 day policy they are going to let me swap it out for a new one.

Thank you anyways
Old 01-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

OK, I'll post it again...

1) delete the vendor.xml file as previously mentioned.

2) Uninstall the 4.0 BB OS from add/remove programs

3) Install the version you want to use (I'm assume 3.7.1.41). Download it from your carrier's website.

4) Start up the application loader, it should ask you if you want to either keep the existing version of desktop tools or install the older one that's on your PC. Select install the older one. It should go to the apploader main screen and you'll see downgrade or something listed next to the OS packages.

If this doesn't work... try downloading the java sdk from http://java.sun.com. It will install in program files. Navigate to it's /bin directory and you should find javaloader.exe there. Type javaloader -usb wipe This will completely erase the device. After setting up your desktop manager as mentioned above with the OS you want to install, start the apploader and reload your device.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #8
Gothalyptic
CrackBerry Addict

Just to answer the question about the 15 day return policy.

The short answer is no, they won't take it back.

Basically it has been altered, warranty void, etc etc, technically. Revert back to the old OS 3.7 and then you can take it back. Unfortunatly us rep's can't take it back, it's like flashing new flex and firmware into a cell phone, it voids the warranty. Some reps might take it back though, then they get stuck having to pay for the device most times IF they take it back.

Please use the Search feature to find a quick answer.

[url]htt
Old 01-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #9
gjp
Thumbs Must Hurt

thank everyone for thier help

It turned out that I was able to go to the VZW Store and they swapped it out for me, so up and running
Old 01-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #10
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrye
OK, I'll post it again...

1) delete the vendor.xml file as previously mentioned.

2) Uninstall the 4.0 BB OS from add/remove programs

3) Install the version you want to use (I'm assume 3.7.1.41). Download it from your carrier's website.

4) Start up the application loader, it should ask you if you want to either keep the existing version of desktop tools or install the older one that's on your PC. Select install the older one. It should go to the apploader main screen and you'll see downgrade or something listed next to the OS packages.

If this doesn't work... try downloading the java sdk from http://java.sun.com. It will install in program files. Navigate to it's /bin directory and you should find javaloader.exe there. Type javaloader -usb wipe This will completely erase the device. After setting up your desktop manager as mentioned above with the OS you want to install, start the apploader and reload your device.
Javaloader in the Sun Java pack? Don't you mean the RIM SDK download?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:30 AM   #11
bishman

Type javaloader -usb wipe This will completely erase the device. After setting up your desktop manager as mentioned above with the OS you want to install, start the apploader and reload your device.

Done, now my bb boots to a no os icon :(

have reloaded the BB desktop 3.7xx and am waiting to see just how long this progress bar will keep getting to 100% and restarting with my bb screen white?

:(
Old 02-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #12
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

'javaloader -usb wipe' does not erase the device. perhaps someone can clarify what it does exactly. i believe it just wipes some information from it to allow you to the point where you can reinstall an OS. it does keep applications, some information (such as VeriChat installation time), etc. you can see this when you do the wipe, if you reload another OS (which i'd hope you would), it will erase applications (and this takes a minute or two to run through).

on a clean handheld, it does not have to erase applications.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:53 PM   #13
bishman

so why does my bb7100 only show the 507 error immeadiately after a power on? and thats all it does now....nothing :(
Old 02-03-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

507 - A dependency on a .COD file could not be satisfied because the .COD file is missing.

Just reload the OS. Look at the Sticky thread for more information on how to do that.