Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
Durtyxthurty

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Angry blackberry connection to PC through Bluetooth disconnects

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Blackberry 8900, and a Windows 7 pro PC. I make the connection between the two devices using bluetooth and the connection is established and working. When I place calls, using the windows 7 bluetooth, it works. The problem is I cannot play music through the bluetooth connection. When I click connect for the music and audio section of bluetooth options on the PC, the connection says it is established on the PC but says the connection was terminated on the phone immediately after. But when I connect from the blackberry to laptop (notice I said from blackberry to laptop, because there's a difference in connecting from blackberry to laptop and laptop to blackberry) the connection is established. That's the first weird error. The second error is when I press play on a song from the blackberry, the song plays, then under the menu when I select Activate PC, the song plays on the PC for a split second and a small windows media player window pops up for that same split second then disappears and the connection has been terminated is displayed on the blackberry. Does any one have any idea whats going on? And please dont post to how-to manual for setting up bluetooth, the connection is established I assure you because the song plays for a split second then shuts down. I'm thinking it has something to do with an OS update because I used to be able to play music on my PC from my computer and then updated and now I'm noticing the problem with bluetooth.

Durty
Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: blackberry connection to PC through Bluetooth disconnects

Welcome to the Forums.

My first thought is you are exceeding a data rate limit or security limit on the BT device. I searched the RIM data base and generally the BB Bluetooth is designed for a few limited uses such as dialing via a PC or car adapter and managing the various data functions on the BB such as contacts or the calendar. There may be a third party application you can use to do the things you want but I was unable to find any. The OS update on the PC may have set security limits on the Bluetooth application on the PC. Maybe you can reload the app on the PC and retry or look for any options that may limit what you’re trying to do. Try re-establishing the Bluetooth by deleting and re-establishing the connections. Someone else may have a few other ideas on the problems.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Durtyxthurty

I'm not sure what you mean by reload the app, are you refering to the bluetooth app on the PC? and if so how do I do this. And I'm not sure why its doing this, I used to be able to play the music so I know it can be done, now when I hit play after the connection, the little window pops up in the lower right corner which is the window that opens to play the music on the PC and then all at once, when the connection in terminated almost instantly after hitting play the window goes away.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

You said you updated the OS on the PC. What I’m suggesting is to see if an update for the BT device on the PC exists or maybe a download of the current supported software for it. Sometimes a PC OS update will not be compatible with some devices and the manufacturer will offer an update for the device.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Durtyxthurty

Oh no I updated the OS on the Blackberry, my phone crashed a while ago and previous to the crash the connection worked, then after the crashed I installed 5.0 software on the blackberry and now the connection doesn't work.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:09 AM   #6
Durtyxthurty

Come on, I've received over 100 views since the last message I posted. Does anyone else have this problem? Also to add to what I said earlier, I can call numbers from the bluetooth on the computer through the blackberry, but when the call connects, a message pops up on the computer that says there is an error when trying to place the call and the blackberry says the connection has been terminated, but the phone still follows through with the call and I can still talk and hear from the PC, as well as hang up at the end. I don't know if this helps anyone.

Durty
Old 02-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
lucentj

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I don't have the solution for you but I can help provide some additional information. I can tell you that this seems to be a PC issue. I have 2 PC's I can do what you're suggesting on one and not the other. I can do it on Windows XP and not on Vista. Why that is I can't explain. Hopefully this will help direct someone else to a solution.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
Ayana

Model: 9300
Carrier: Not applicable

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. And what's even stranger is that yesterday after experiencing the problem repeatedly, the problem suddenly stopped and I was able to play music from my phone on my laptop for quite some time. Today however after attempting to do this same activity, it has returned to it's "connection terminated" ways. By chance did you ever find a solution to this problem? Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Closed Thread