BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: what applcation by DynoPlex you use most often?
eSpell 4 25.00%
eCell 3 18.75%
eWord 6 37.50%
ViewAll for xls and docs 6 37.50%
View All for PDF and images 5 31.25%
View All for fax and print 2 12.50%
viewing and editing attachments 2 12.50%
eFile Remote Desktop Access 2 12.50%
eFile Google Spreadheets 1 6.25%
eWorks 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: do not use
Default eOffice v. 4.1.0.21 is out

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
DynoPlex Inc. announces release of eOffice and MasterDoc v. 4.1.0.21, suites of applications designed for viewing, editing, email/fax/print sending of files and attachments of all the actual for professionals formats (DOC, XLS, PDF, PPT, JPEG, GIF, TIF, WAV, MP3).

New features:
xxx8226; Working with native attachments: Receive documents, save them in native format on the device or SD card. Documents can be copied to the laptop over USB or the SD card, or stored on the device for future use via email.
xxx8226; eWorks Desktop feature: Quickly and easily create and send e-mails and attachments from your laptop via your BlackBerry while your PC is off-line.
xxx8226; Mouse option: Use your trackball to direct the mouse pointer like on your PC - navigate through files, folders and documents with ease.
xxx8226; Buy Now: Quickly obtain licenses for new DynoPlex applications over the air from eFile and use them straight away!
xxx8226; eFile Desktop: Fast and direct uploading PC files to your BB memory and back via USB with a choice of whether to convert files into eOffice format or not.

Fixes:
1. Problems in eOffice dialogues on BBs with OS 4.2.2 fixed.
2. Fixed minor issues with attachments.
3. Optimized eWorks performance and synchronization.
4. Sending attachments from eFile is now available.
5. Fax function fixes.

Version is available at: 1) Downloads Productivity applications for RIM OS v4.0 Blackberry of DynoPlex from PC; 2) DynoPlex,Inc. is a leading developer of wireless document management solutions for handheld devices and enterprise grade productivity applications for RIM Blackberry. -> Mobile -> Downloads from BB

We will appreciate any comments from you upon our product new version.

P.S. We have five promo licenses for eOffice Pro and the most interesting comments in this thread will be awarded with a license worth 199,95 $. The comment is not required to be an appraisal.
The results will be announced here in two weeks (on July, 24) and I PM keys to the winners. Looking forward to hear from you.

Last edited by danbra; 07-10-2007 at 09:56 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
SiBorg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: O2
Default What's happened to Dynoplex?

Dan.

Where have you gone???

I'm not getting any server response, e-mails to Support are getting returned as undelivered and the website isn't up...

Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbra View Post
Fixes:
1. Problems in eOffice dialogues on BBs with OS 4.2.2 fixed.
2. Fixed minor issues with attachments.
3. Optimized eWorks performance and synchronization.
4. Sending attachments from eFile is now available.
5. Fax function fixes.
thanks for posting about the update. since i last tried Masterdoc, i am curious to know if any of the fixes you mention above correct the problems i was experiencing. namely, item 2, and how pdf's as well as some doc's were not appearing in ViewAll, and when i could select them, they would not open.

for example, i keep a pdf file of the BB pearl manual on my sdcard, and masterdoc could not open it when i tried. it is a 500-something KB file, and has more than 100 pages....

does the software have size limitations with regard to the documents it can handle ?

lastly, i'm running 4.2.1.96 on my pearl...is this version of masterdoc stable with it ?

for item 5, what fixes ? can the BB act as a fax machine ?

Last edited by zero7404; 07-11-2007 at 10:31 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
SiBorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiBorg View Post
Dan.

Where have you gone???

I'm not getting any server response, e-mails to Support are getting returned as undelivered and the website isn't up...

Is anyone else having this problem?
Everything seems to be back up now... Will try emailing you again.

What happened there, then?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
We will appreciate any comments from you upon our product new version.

P.S. We have five promo licenses for eOffice Pro and the most interesting comments in this thread will be awarded with a license worth 199,95 $. The comment is not required to be an appraisal.
The results will be announced here in two weeks (on July, 24) and I PM keys to the winners. Looking forward to hear from you.
I've used the trial of this version on my 8800 - generally I'm very impressed. My general comments are:

1. eWorks is probably excellent in a BES environment, but for me, with multiple BIS e-mail accounts, I was unable to fine a way to easily segegrate messages by account, and it seemed to pick the default e-mail for replies / new messages. Pehaps the ability is there, I didn't spend a lot of time with this particular part of e-Office

2. eWord and eCell are great! Intuitive, easy to use, if you use MS Office on the desktop, you can use these products without the manual.

3. The viewer is quick and intuitive.

4. On line file storage - with the limited storage on most blackberries, this is a tremendous value added feature. The ablitity to access my frequently used documentation, and the ability to organize them in folders is very helpful.

The downside (and I'm not trying to rekindle a flame war here) - the price point is just beyond what I personally can justify FOR MY INTENDED USE AT THIS TIME (I've put that in caps as I believe it's priced appropriately for what it contains). I know there are costs to create a professional application, and there are maintenance costs for the servers to host the online storage. I've seen some of the other posts regarding the price, I have no problem with what Dynoplex priced the product at, my problem is my personal cost / benefit analysis.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited by donc36; 07-18-2007 at 11:47 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi SiBorg.
We had a short outage at our internet provider which cause our server to be inaccessible for a period of time during the night. The issue was resolved in early AM EST and everything is back to normal now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I usually visit bbforums several days per day, but today did not look here since early morning.

Last edited by danbra; 07-11-2007 at 01:09 PM..
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #7
SiBorg

Quote:
Hi SiBorg.
We had a short outage at our internet provider which cause our server to be inaccessible for a period of time during the night. The issue was resolved in early AM EST and everything is back to normal now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I usually visit bbforums several days per day, but today did not look here since early morning.
No worries, Dan.

All good now.

I'm pretty impressed with the extra functionality of the new release... I'm running a whole bunch of tests now on uploaded files and attachments.

Still getting a slow server response when previewing attachments, though. I think this may be because the attachment processing has to go via my 'Reply To' address, which is my work email - rather than direct to my BB.

I have emailed support on this - to see if there is a way of changing where your server sends it's information.

Speak soon.

Simon.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Donc, 36.
Thanks for your review and welcome to challenge.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi sakman74,
I need to test such a file to answer you. It will be perfect if you email it to me (den@dynoplex.com)
Version is stable with this HH OS and this model.
BB can send faxes.
You may download a trial at: Downloads Productivity applications for RIM OS v4.0 Blackberry of DynoPlex and check it yourself. Let me know if you need trial extension.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
zero7404

this fax feature might be worth my time. willing to get Masterdoc, just a few more questions, how much memory does it chew up when installed ? @ restart my bb will give me something like 21-23MB free, but as i use it during the day, it drops down to 13-15MB free.

how exactly does masterdoc go about using the bb to send a fax ? i am looking for software that will allow the phone itself to send a fax (act as the outgoing fax machine), without using additional external hardware such as a printer or fax machine.

Last edited by zero7404; 07-11-2007 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Donc, 36.
Thanks for your review and welcome to challenge.
Thanks!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #12
zero7404

after using this for a few days, i like it. only down side i did not anticipate is that it relies on uploading the docs you wish to view on your bb. native on-the-device viewing capability would be nice.

Last edited by zero7404; 07-14-2007 at 11:06 PM..
Old 07-14-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
Tools

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default experience with new eOffice

As a new user, I've read the posts here with interest and thought I'd add comment on my experience so far. A couple of weeks ago I loaded eOffice professional on a new 8830. I've found it very useful, and as non-technical person I am still in a learning mode working with Customer Care, which has given me very competent help and a good education on how the system works and many capabilities I'm interested in. We resolved some setup issues successfully, and are still working on outstanding fax, attachment opening and USB file transfer issues.

Standard functions work well and have good flexibility. Viewing PDF's is easy with the roller ball, and I've begun using remote PC access and network file storage while editing eWord & eCell docs, and setting up eZcase password protection files accessible to both bb and pc.

I have only one eWord wishlist item (probably unrealistic), but it would be awesome if dynoplex could add a "tracking" function for edits on eWord docs. Now I mark the edits in caps but can't notate deletions.

Redundancy in the system has been a plus when I hit a problem transfering files by USB between PC and BB. While we work on that I've been shown three other ways to move files thru network upload, remote PC access, and emailing files as attachments to the bb.)

Faxing has hit some hiccups and is one of my highest priorities since I use the blackberry to print out hard copies of attachments & docs almost anywhere I happen to be. I've used a NYC deli's fax number to print docs I need on the fly, as well as restaurant fax machines, hotel desks, client offices, etc. So I was alarmed when my fax function shut down Friday afternoon and repeated attempts have been unsuccessful which I hope to resolve Monday at the latest.

I can understand why people feel there's an opportunity for a less expensive, bare-bones version. I hope to be a less intensive user some day and may be looking for just such as program. The MasterDoc package is attractive, but is probably still a stretch for many users. Why give that market to another company?

I look forward to reading more of your interesting comments.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #14
zero7404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Faxing has hit some hiccups and is one of my highest priorities since I use the blackberry to print out hard copies of attachments & docs almost anywhere I happen to be. I've used a NYC deli's fax number to print docs I need on the fly, as well as restaurant fax machines, hotel desks, client offices, etc. So I was alarmed when my fax function shut down Friday afternoon and repeated attempts have been unsuccessful which I hope to resolve Monday at the latest.
i haven't gotten around to using the fax capability of masterdoc. can you tell me how it works on your bb ? for example, do you need to connect to a fax machine to fax something or can u simply send a pdf/doc from your device directly ?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:11 AM   #15
Tools

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default re faxing

In eWord, hit the File option and the drop-down menu has a fax option that asks for fax phone # and name of recipient (optional). Hit send and fax is sent from dynoplex server with dynoplex header on receiving doc. I haven't used fax for PDF yet but am sure I'll want to in the future if its doable.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #16
zero7404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
In eWord, hit the File option and the drop-down menu has a fax option that asks for fax phone # and name of recipient (optional). Hit send and fax is sent from dynoplex server with dynoplex header on receiving doc. I haven't used fax for PDF yet but am sure I'll want to in the future if its doable.
only one problem for me, i don't have eoffice :(

masterdoc includes fax, perhaps it can be done in the same way as you're describing ?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
mortys11
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: rogers

this is exactly what i have been waiting for. the ability to edit and resend docs.

RIP windows mobile devices!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #18
BroadcastDoc

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I'll sum up my feelings in haiku form:

eOffice is grand.
Productivity is up;
I can work smarter.

Last edited by BroadcastDoc; 07-15-2007 at 12:48 PM..
Old 07-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #19
blueman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Start time

Hi,

Since I upgraded to this version (I was previously on v3.x) and I find it now takes the BB 20 min to restart where previously it took about 2 - 5 min to restart. Anyone else have this problem?

blueman
Old 07-18-2007, 05:45 AM   #20
danbra
Thumbs Must Hurt

Blueman,
What is your BB model?
Closed Thread