BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO
Default FYI, ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix 2007.04.09.4x Upgrade Available at REXwireless

Please Login to Remove!

Newest upgrade for ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix adds 4.2 OS support for BlackBerry 8700s, refreshed look and feel icons, some minor stability enhancements.

Download instructions are found at REXwireless FAQ

Thanks,

--the REXguys

REXwireless helps gung-ho top-ten-percenters do more - a lot more - with their BlackBerry. REXwireless Software is an official BlackBerry Alliances Partner. Free software trials and video demos are available at REXwireless Software (REXwireless Software)

REXwireless Software Products in Brief:

ToDoMatrix
todoMatrix is a world-class to-do / task management / project management application. todoMatrix can manage an unlimited number of personal and delegated tasks, organized by project drawers and folder, cross indexed by time and assigned delegate. todoMatrix is a favorite of professionals that subscribe to the "Getting Things Done (GTD)" methodologies of David Allen (see davidco.com).

IdeaMatrix
ideaMatrix is an unlimited, free-form idea and notes management database and features REXwireless's quick free-form Indy*Search. ideaMatrix is a highly-flexible application and is used in many different ways. In addition to the ideaMatrix's primary mission of instant-recall "Post-it Notes" and ideas on your BlackBerry (Post-it is a trademark of 3M Corporation 3M), top ten uses from a recent sampling of users included:
1) Customer Relationship Management Information [Sales Professionals]
2) Personal Journal / Accomplishment Log
3) Student Note Taking in Class [Classroom Education]
4) Comprehensive Conversations Log
5) Medical Reference Information for Doctors [Medical Industry]
6) Investment Opportunity and Note Tracker [Investment Professionals]
7) Time log / logging [for Lawyers / Legal Industry (and billable consultants)]
8) Fitness / Workout Diary
9) Diet / Food Intake Tracker
10) Light Reader for Book and Magazine Article Summaries

REXdesktop
REXdesktop is a web-based browser system that enables secure access to your REXwireless BlackBerry-resident databases and wireless synchronization using a broadband-connected Windows PC, Apple Mac, or Linux desktop. REXwireless: Welcome to REXdesktop
Old 05-06-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

rexguys,

I'm revisiting todoMatrix and ideaMatrix after some time away from both apps. I'm quite impressed with the updates that have been added since my last time using the program. The new icons are a much bigger improvement to the UI than I might have guessed.

I have a couple of questions the answers to which I seem to have forgotten. There is support for recurring alerts, but not recurring tasks? In other words, at the assigned time, an alert will pop up but the task won't repopulate itself in the appropriate folder. Is that correct?

At one time, you were developing an app called impactMatrix. I see that it no longer appears on your website. Has development for that app been dropped?

I have a couple of other thoughts, but I'll use the suggestion page in REXdesktop for that.

Thanks for a great app!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I don't see a way to create a recurring task.

From another recent thread posted by RexGuys:
"ImpactMatrix is on hold right now. We took on some corporate work that was beneficial as it went a long way in developing some toolsets that we wanted for other products. However, we really like and believe in the value of the ImpactMatrix functionality and have not given up hope that it will be produced in the future."
Old 05-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (VZW 8703e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Thanks for the update.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #5
rexguys
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin View Post
rexguys,

I'm revisiting todoMatrix and ideaMatrix after some time away from both apps. I'm quite impressed with the updates that have been added since my last time using the program. The new icons are a much bigger improvement to the UI than I might have guessed.

I have a couple of questions the answers to which I seem to have forgotten. There is support for recurring alerts, but not recurring tasks? In other words, at the assigned time, an alert will pop up but the task won't repopulate itself in the appropriate folder. Is that correct?

At one time, you were developing an app called impactMatrix. I see that it no longer appears on your website. Has development for that app been dropped?

I have a couple of other thoughts, but I'll use the suggestion page in REXdesktop for that.

Thanks for a great app!
Recurring tasks should make the next major upgrade release (5D release).

Thanks,

--the REXguys
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #6
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Can you give us anything on the status of 5D, and how you are progressing.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Sounds like it is a few weeks off. See this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-...ireless-3.html

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #8
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
Sounds like it is a few weeks off. See this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-...ireless-3.html

Regards-Michael G.
Good stuff, thanks!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #9
lcater
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

I have tried todomatrix about 5 times in the last 18 months in my quest for a replacement for the palm app Agendus. While it had a lot of nice features, there was not a 'killer' app functionality to it for me......until now. I downloaded the latest version and the "Inject into" function is great. This is what I was looking for, the ability to take someones contact information as the source and create a todo, a phone call reminder, etc with the address database being the source. I am now ready to purchase it.
Thanks Rex!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

RexWireless has done a terrific job with the "matrix" applications. They have great tech support and have continually updated the software adding features. They are very receptive to user input and as you can see by thier comments to increase the text field for todoMatrix.

One suggestion for you, if you plan to use "inject into" with the email application you may be better off getting ideaMatrix. You may be disappointed with the limited text field in todoMatrix, IMHO it cuts off too much of the message. Better yet, get the silver package - both programs are worth the cost in my opinion.

Personally, I'd like to see todoMatrix have the ability to take information from an "inject into" email and then have the ability to automatically populate the search box so you can find the original message in the message application. I'm always trying to locate the original email. If not that, capture sender, date, time and subject (rather than all the header information) and as much of the message that will fit.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #11
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
RexWireless has done a terrific job with the "matrix" applications. They have great tech support and have continually updated the software adding features. They are very receptive to user input and as you can see by thier comments to increase the text field for todoMatrix.

One suggestion for you, if you plan to use "inject into" with the email application you may be better off getting ideaMatrix. You may be disappointed with the limited text field in todoMatrix, IMHO it cuts off too much of the message. Better yet, get the silver package - both programs are worth the cost in my opinion.

Personally, I'd like to see todoMatrix have the ability to take information from an "inject into" email and then have the ability to automatically populate the search box so you can find the original message in the message application. I'm always trying to locate the original email. If not that, capture sender, date, time and subject (rather than all the header information) and as much of the message that will fit.

Regards-Michael G.
I must second that, these are some of the best products that I have used while becoming a Berry Addict. I also have the SilverMatrix package, and use both todo/idea-Matrix as my 2nd brain.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #12
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcater View Post
I have tried todomatrix about 5 times in the last 18 months in my quest for a replacement for the palm app Agendus. While it had a lot of nice features, there was not a 'killer' app functionality to it for me......until now. I downloaded the latest version and the "Inject into" function is great. This is what I was looking for, the ability to take someones contact information as the source and create a todo, a phone call reminder, etc with the address database being the source. I am now ready to purchase it.
Thanks Rex!
Todo matrix seems very non intuitive for me in that you need to dig thru the tasks lists to find what you need, takes too much time. Too much tinkering of settings, alarms, delegates, etc.

I am an Agendus junkie and I am still looking for a suitable replacement for my pearl! I keep my treo and agendus for PIM purposes and sync the two thru Companion Link software.

I need something that is like Agendus where the app with open to current today and show all relevant calendar, tasks, calls for that day. Also, a graphical week and month view to see future scheduling.

This seems very hard to ask from RIM OS, not sure quite why that is !

Here's to hoping for a solution...
Old 05-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #13
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

fkjr2, are you using the view folders? They have preset views so you can find just about any task coming due or overdue.

As for tinkering with settings, I'd like to see the ability that new tasks can be set up with a user template rather than blank to make it easier. I think setting the due date and alert are pretty simple using the trackball.

If you have specific suggestions, send them in. Rexwireless had made changes we're requested.

It seems the RIM OS is much more limited or I guess it is more correct to say the API is limited compared to what is available in WM. Every version of the BB does get better.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:53 AM   #14
Taikun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Tmo

subs
Old 05-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #15
wxboss
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 23EC645F
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
fkjr2, are you using the view folders? They have preset views so you can find just about any task coming due or overdue.

As for tinkering with settings, I'd like to see the ability that new tasks can be set up with a user template rather than blank to make it easier. I think setting the due date and alert are pretty simple using the trackball.

If you have specific suggestions, send them in. Rexwireless had made changes we're requested.

It seems the RIM OS is much more limited or I guess it is more correct to say the API is limited compared to what is available in WM. Every version of the BB does get better.

Regards-Michael G.
I don't think that RIM's API is so limited as such. I believe they have just kept a lot of it from other vendors. This is changing and they are opening up the API to 3rd parties, so I hope to see a lot more useful and exciting apps down the road
Old 05-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #16
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

I don't know anything more than what I've read here about RIM's API, so I'm not nearly an expert. Seeing a thread recently from Cross River Systems regarding PocketDay, it doesn't seem like they opened a whole olt of the PIM functions; that's disappointing because I was hoping that is where the software growth would be. The last thing I need for my Blackberry is a game or movie viewer.

Regards-Michael G.
Closed Thread