BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
jbal14

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access - HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

hello, I am new to this site. I own a BB Curve 8330 and mu provider is Verizon...I am having trouble reading my emails from the Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access site. I can access the site and can even see the emails, but when I click on an email to read it, nothing happens - the page just refreshes.

thank you so much for any input!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

OWA is frames based, and is not likely to work well via the BB Browser.

Your best bet (assuming corporate policy allows it) is to setup your OWA account within BIS so that messages are routed directly to your handheld, elimitating the step of browsing to the page, authenticating and then having issues viewing OWA.

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Old 10-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

OWA looks readable through the Opera Mini Browser however.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
OWA is frames based, and is not likely to work well via the BB Browser.

Your best bet (assuming corporate policy allows it) is to setup your OWA account within BIS so that messages are routed directly to your handheld, elimitating the step of browsing to the page, authenticating and then having issues viewing OWA.
If IMAP is enabled on your Exchange server, then setting up mail through BIS is a snap. You will only get new messages in your inbox and messages sent from your BB will show up in the sent mail folder on Exchange.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
HUGVT

Default problems with Outlook Web Access also

Not that I can offer any help but I too am having the same issues. If I find anything out I'll pass it along.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
NinjaRAT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: noyb
Carrier: VZN

Alternatively, you can use OMA (Outlook Mobile Access), if your company is running Exch2K3 and doesn't have OMA disabled.

To access, go to one of the following:

http://OWAURL/OMA

or if using SSL encryption
https://OWAURL/OMA

If you get the warning about your browser not being supported, just select "Ok, and do not warn me again". Arguably is itsn't pretty, but it does work.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
LiMurr

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Try this....found it on another board, and it worked for me:

Once in your Blackberry browser Go to Options->Browser Configuration-> and keep the Emulation Mode as Blackberry

Then Go back to Options then go to General Properties and UNCLICK the "enable cursor in column view" radio button.

And I probably already had this but I'm assuming you need to have Column View as your viewing preference when logged into Outlook Webmail.

This allows me to open AND REPLY to my work email. It doesn't even have the "sent from Blackberry Device" footer on the emails.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
Mello1

Default Thank You!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMurr View Post
Try this....found it on another board, and it worked for me:

Once in your Blackberry browser Go to Options->Browser Configuration-> and keep the Emulation Mode as Blackberry

Then Go back to Options then go to General Properties and UNCLICK the "enable cursor in column view" radio button.

And I probably already had this but I'm assuming you need to have Column View as your viewing preference when logged into Outlook Webmail.

This allows me to open AND REPLY to my work email. It doesn't even have the "sent from Blackberry Device" footer on the emails.

Thank you, thank you, thank YOU! I joined this forum just to say thanks for information. I was about to take this Blackberry back! I'm still trying to get used to using the Blackberry; I'm a former Treo Palm Pilot user and I LOVED my Palm Pilot! The only reason I have a BB is to check my company email and I can only do so webbased (although I will now call tech support and see if I can get the secret code to interface my BB with Outlook, since our managers are assigned BBs).

I'm so totally happy now and the fix was very simple! Thanks again!
Closed Thread