Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Ringtones / Me using Audacity

Please Login to Remove!

I have made my own ringtones for a few years now using Audacity.

I either used downloaded songs, or songs ripped from my cd's.

But I fear I have to learn more and I don't know what to do--the past few I have made have lacked volume and some have had too high of volume and crackly.

I thought for instance that it would involve turning down the slider (is this the volume, gain, etc..I am a novice) but that did not work.

So if someone would be willing to work with me thru a few PM's I'd be grateful..please PM me. Or if u wanna look at the ones I created and tell me how to fix them.

They sound fine on my puter but def NOT on the Curve. And I have even restarted via taking out the battery--I found that that helped a couple of times.

Thanks
Eric
Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
captthomason
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9860
PIN: to bean
Carrier: AT&T

How are you exporting the songs? WAV? MP3? Have you tried going into the the Sound Profiles on the BB and Changing the volume option to Medium or Low?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by captthomason View Post
How are you exporting the songs? WAV? MP3? Have you tried going into the the Sound Profiles on the BB and Changing the volume option to Medium or Low?
I am using "export selection as mp3" as I have always used with no problem in Audacity

And I have tried raising the volume in Audacity before making the tune.
And I have raised the volume on the phone ringtone inside of profiles on the Curve.

Thanks. anymore help would always be appreciated
Eric
Old 01-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

have you tried using the media manager application that installs with DM? it does a decent to very good job of optimizing the file for the blackberry device
Old 01-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

yeah I have tried that, emailing them to me, and using a wap uploader. Nothing works thanks tho. Just not sure if I am getting bad files. M aybe try another program or remove audacity and redownload. Another thread in another forum recommended a program just as good , but wouldn't you know, I can find that thread.

thanks all
Eric
Old 01-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
Skinflaps
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Sometimes it has to do with the quality of the original MP3. Whoever converted the original wav to mp3 may have done a poor job. I've run in to this on a few occasions.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
jgreen1976

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default BlackBerry Novice Needs Help!

Being a brand new BlackBerry owner/user, I have already hit upon my first stumbling block which hopefully somebody on this site might be able to offer assistance with. I'm not even sure if this is the most appropriate thread or forum in which to make my enquiry!

It's a very straightforward question with an equally easy solution...hopefully! Having received some new ringtones to the phone via Bluetooth and then decided to subsequently delete them, I have discovered that although the music file itself has indeed been deleted from the application, the actual name of the file still remains on the list in "My Ringtones"...any suggestions as to why this may be and how it might be resolved? It's frustrating that the item is still contained in the list and there seems to be no way of deleting the filename even though the ringtone itself has been eradicated!

Any responses and/or advice would be much appreciated!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys

pull the battery for about 30 seconds. they should be gone when the bb starts up again.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:19 AM   #9
muck
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: optus

use the amplify function in audacity? its never failed for me
Closed Thread