NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
I know you don't want to give away your secrets but I am dieing to know how you "modified the export" process to make an L shape and basically add the tmobile zen theme to the bottom.
I think I read that the 4.3 os has the "L" shaped theme, so maybe it has the today plus theme also.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #42
Perfect Storm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Rogers

The 8130 has L, but not Today Plus.

If anyone is having issues please contact me directly. It's far easier for both of us than going back and forth here.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 PM   #43
whdigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
This thread was very much unsolicited. I was looking for more of a smaller launch to make sure the site was functional.

It should, I have no way to test it though as there is no simulator out for WiFi devices.
Someone else should be able to confirm this.
FYI: It shows the wifi and uma icon states correctly, but it doesn't show wifi signal strength indicator when on UMA at all. That indicator looks some like this (((i))). Edge network strength indicator shows fine.

Hoping there's an easy fix for this because it's a deal breaker for me using it (I'm on UMA predominately). Otherwise this theme is THE winner for me!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:15 AM   #44
bbylund
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmo

Is there any chance someone can figure out how to show the actual tasks on the today or today + themes, like the appointments show? There's got to be a way to do this.
Also, does anyone know how to get tasks without a date to show on the agenda view in the calendar?
Old 11-03-2007, 09:16 AM   #45
tmoney83
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20980A69
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
BBeXtras - BlackBerry Themes & Wallpapers

It works, it's wonderful (beautiful) and it's worth the it!!!!
post your download link up
Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #46
Lecter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: BOLD
Carrier: vodafone Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney83 View Post
What?
Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #47
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney83 View Post
Download links are specific to each user. If you have an issue please get in touch
Old 11-04-2007, 03:26 AM   #48
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Hey Perfect Storm..

great theme.. quick question. Are you planning on upgrading/updating the current Tiger themes to add additional features that people have been recommending ? If so, would the updated version be available to the customers that had already bought your initial version ?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #49
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Purchased, downloaded, installed Today+

Very nice! The 8100 today plus had been my favorite when I had a Pearl, and I'm remembering why now. Clean UI, and still very convenient.

I have to admit, though, that PerfectStorm's comments, and the brief note in the FAQ on BBExtras, raised my curiosity ("small addition during export process" -- but otherwise using the standard, stock Theme Builder...). Either you're leading would-be imitators astray, or you did some good detective work on the innards of the theme file structures. I haven't had much time to dig into this, but this is the kind of thing that gets my interest. Last night, I started to poke around into the various theme files - but didn't have any good tools lined up for this, so it was just with text and hex editors, and compressed file managers (that let you drill into COD files and see others that may be nested within).

I didn't get very far - too much else distracting me now to really focus, but I would love to learn more about the innards of their file structure. One thing that caught my eye was the internal reference in the files to "base theme" and "alternate base theme" -- but 5 minutes of messing with that didn't seem to have any impact on the way the Theme Builder works (unless I simply didn't mess around enough yet). I also noticed that different attributes of the "theme." object in the files are specified in the 8100 themes versus the 8300 themes -- but they all must descend from the same base object, so it's likely there are a bunch that have default values, and there might be some in the 8100 today plus theme that have simply not been specified in the 8300 themes to date.

Ah well. Would love to keep digging, but I may be going down blind alleys, and don't really have the time to keep at it (except occasionally!).

In the meantime - nice job PerfectStorm! Nice to have today+ on my Curve. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #50
ikasen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikasen View Post
I'm not above admiting when I'm wrong. I was too harsh when I said it was inferior. The developer did a good job, it's just not what I've been waiting for as I was waiting for a duplicate of the original and this isn't quite that. As I mentioned, while waiting for the new Today+ theme, I discovered, out of the many new themes available, one that I thought IMHO was better. I am a bPhone convert as I think it is the best theme I have found.
Although it is free; but donations are well deserved, that isn't what is so great about it.
bPhone and the new Today+ theme are both worth paying for.
This is the only sentence I should have written:

I am a bPhone convert as I think it is the best theme I have found.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #51
BryanHarig

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post
Hey Perfect Storm..

great theme.. quick question. Are you planning on upgrading/updating the current Tiger themes to add additional features that people have been recommending ? If so, would the updated version be available to the customers that had already bought your initial version ?

Thanks
Yes, please. We need missed call/PIN/Email/IM/SMS indicators on the home screen. I am sure the update will be included in the themes price.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #52
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post
Hey Perfect Storm..

Thanks
Yes and yes. I'm hopefully going to have it and an 8100 version done over the next few days. The no indicators is annoying me as well :P
Updates will replace the version currently available, and will therefore be free to anyone who has already purchased.

Last edited by Perfect Storm; 11-04-2007 at 01:19 PM..
Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #53
Fkmegently
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Quote:
Yes and yes. I'm hopefully going to have it and an 8100 version done over the next few days. The no indicators is annoying me as well :P
Updates will replace the version currently available, and will therefore be free to anyone who has already purchased.
When that happens I'm on board.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #54
whdigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Can somebody else with this new theme check to see if the UMA/WiFi signal strength indicator (looks like a little antennae, not the edge ramp bars) is working?

Mine is missing and is keeping me from being able to use this theme well. It is totally perfect otherwise!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 AM   #55
flash24

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whdigital View Post
Can somebody else with this new theme check to see if the UMA/WiFi signal strength indicator (looks like a little antennae, not the edge ramp bars) is working?

Mine is missing and is keeping me from being able to use this theme well. It is totally perfect otherwise!

something I want to know

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #56
dietcoke

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whdigital View Post

The meter does not show up on wifi devices.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #57
morrow95

Carrier: tmobile

Would love to know the 'secret' to get the alternate layouts as well... spill the beans already.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #58
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Default Think I've found an error in Today+ theme...

I've been using Today+ since purchasing it last week. Overall, I'm quite happy with it. However I'm seeing a behavior that I have never before experienced with any of the other 15+ themes I've used:

I often find that, on the Today screen, I see an indication that there is "one unread message", however upon going into the message list, I can see that they are all, in fact, read.

If I scroll to the top of the list and "mark prior read", then the indication goes away - no need for a battery pull. But this seems to be happening pretty frequently, and NEVER happened before with any other theme, so I suspect there is a connection...
Old 11-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #59
Perfect Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
I've been using Today+ since purchasing it last week. Overall, I'm quite happy with it. However I'm seeing a behavior that I have never before experienced with any of the other 15+ themes I've used:

I often find that, on the Today screen, I see an indication that there is "one unread message", however upon going into the message list, I can see that they are all, in fact, read.

If I scroll to the top of the list and "mark prior read", then the indication goes away - no need for a battery pull. But this seems to be happening pretty frequently, and NEVER happened before with any other theme, so I suspect there is a connection...
This issue has been well covered before. It's related to the Dimension Today theme which Today+ inherits from.
It's up to RIM to fix it unfortunately.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #60
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
This issue has been well covered before. It's related to the Dimension Today theme which Today+ inherits from.
It's up to RIM to fix it unfortunately.
Interesting... I don't doubt what you're saying, but I'm surprised, having used BB Dimension Today for the last several months and never before having noticed the problem. What you say makes sense...I'm just surprised that I never noticed the issue with the "vanilla" BB Dimension Today" theme.
Closed Thread