BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
tbdiscovery
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sync Outlook on Two or More Computers w/o Hindering BES?

Please Login to Remove!

I need to sync my Outlook with my BB both at work and at home. I am on BES and use IMAP with Outlook 2007, and have everything set up at work. The problem is that I need to set up the same services at home, without losing or confusing the BES.

To reiterate, I am on a BES that I use at work and on the BB, but I need to add a home computer (or two) into the mix. I searched several forums and google, but I couldn't find anything promising.

Please help.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

I'm not sure what the problem is here ... Are you connecting your BB to your desktop to sync info that isn't syncing wirelessly? Regardless, install Desktop Manager, configure it the same as you have it in your office and you're done. What mail client are you using?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
tbdiscovery

Thank you for the assistance. I am using Exchange, Yahoo and Gmail. Do I set to install the DM as BES or BIS? I have been told that I could have major sync issues if I install it as BES as home.

I use a wireless sync via work and the BB, but I'm trying to have the same option at home. I hope this makes sense. Am I just confusing myself with something simple?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

If you're wirelessly syncing data you don't need to install DM ... I can't see why it'd be a problem to install it as a BES setup; it appears that you may be getting some incomplete / inaccurate information.

Many people use all 3 services and don't ever plug into their pc.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
tbdiscovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
If you're wirelessly syncing data you don't need to install DM ... I can't see why it'd be a problem to install it as a BES setup; it appears that you may be getting some incomplete / inaccurate information.

Many people use all 3 services and don't ever plug into their pc.
I really appreciate the assistance. Just to clarify, if I am home and use Outlook for my Exchange, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts, when I turn off the computer and go into work, the setup at work will be the same and any actions within each account will be reflected accordingly (deleted e-mails, moved to folders, etc), correct?

Are there any settings that I need to correct or update within Outlook or the clients?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #6
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdiscovery View Post
I really appreciate the assistance. Just to clarify, if I am home and use Outlook for my Exchange, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts, when I turn off the computer and go into work, the setup at work will be the same and any actions within each account will be reflected accordingly (deleted e-mails, moved to folders, etc), correct?

Are there any settings that I need to correct or update within Outlook or the clients?
How are you getting mail from yahoo / gmail into Outlook? Are they being delivered to your Exchange mailbox? I had assumed that you were using the BIS to sync your Gmail / Yahoo.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #7
blackberry1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: Rogers In Canada - Cingular in US

You are in the wrong section of the Forum, it seems you are not using a BES. So choose the BIS option when installing DTM
Old 12-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
tbdiscovery

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I am definitely in the correct forum because I am on a BES and I don't know if any of this will hinder that.

I am also using BIS for the other accounts. However, since BIS no longer offers the inbox aspect on the site, I dl the e-mails into Outlook and also sync via the BIS for the BB.

I thought that I understood everything, but how will this play into the BIS accounts?

Will they also sync ok via different Outlooks or is that another story?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry1 View Post
You are in the wrong section of the Forum, it seems you are not using a BES. So choose the BIS option when installing DTM
I don't know if we can say that yet. It appears that tbdiscovery is looking to make sure that service books / encryption keys don't get messed up due to improper setup; I've certainly done it a few times myself with my convoluted setup using BES for Domino for email / applications, DM for Exchange for PIM.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
tbdiscovery

Ok, I'm going to give this a try. As I use both BIS and BES, do you recommend that I install the BES DM at home?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbdiscovery View Post
Ok, I'm going to give this a try. As I use both BIS and BES, do you recommend that I install the BES DM at home?
you should set it up exactly how you have setup at the office.
Closed Thread