Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
piester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: att

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

I already tried searching for this but havnt really found what I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure out how to setup my browser on my bold. I'm running os 5.0.0.100. I have wifi at home and there are a few spots around the city that have wifi. But there are a lot of places that don't. What I want is to set up my browser so that when I'm in wifi coverage it will be going off wifi but when I'm not it will just run off of my data. If anyone knows of a link or anything please let me know.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

If you have a Blackberry Data plan it will do that automatically, once you have set up each hotspot you have access to.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
piester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: att

when my browser is set to media net it wont connec through wifi and when i have it set to hotspot it wont connect unless im in wifi coverage. so do i have to change between the 2 each time im in wifi?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

I'm not sure what media net is, unless it is the AT&T WAP browser.

Generally there are up to 4 types of browser available on a Bold :
1. The Hotspot Browser - only connects through Wi-Fi
2. The WAP Browser (on mine called Rogers Mall) only connects through your carriers WAP or WAP2 gateway
3. The Internet Browser connects through the BIS through your wireless carrier, but if you are in Wi-Fi coverage, and the unit can contact the BIS via the Wi-Fi router it will contact the BIS that way, bypassing the carrier
4. The Desktop Browser connects through the BES (if you have one) and behaves the same way as the internet browser.

If you don't have an Internet Browser then you don't have a Blackberry Data plan, or your service books are messed up.

You can see a list of available browsers by starting the browser and selecting Menu -> Options -> Browser Configuration and clicking on the Browser field.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

You are running a early BETA OS 5, which has been stated as having problems with the browser. i.e. internet browser (which is what you should configure to, to allow wi-fi when available and data when not) is not currently working in the OS 5 betas.

you want the browser to work, downgrade to an OFFICIAL OS such as .266

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread