Old 05-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
chrislong

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular
Default 8100 Pearl and Lexus Bluetooth issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys,

I just bought a 06 Lexus GS 300 and am very disheartened to learn of the bluetooth problems with my Pearl 8100.

Specifically - it will not ring and there is the delay in hearing the other party answer. Also, if another call comes in then the first call is disconnected.

I can only imagine that there is a fix out there somewhere for these 2 problems.

Pls help if you have some ideas...

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
MegaMan X
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: Wifi Curve
Carrier: T-Mobile™ USA

obviously there is....

sell your lexus, and get a better car ;)

the new 07 toyota camry does NOT have this problem and neither does the scion. I personally know.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
michalopoulosgk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

I have a Lexus RH and there are some comparable problems. The phone lags before the call goes through, sometimes for more than half a minute, but it ALWAYS goes through. It is unnerving...However, at the least in the RH (and in Prius, my previous car), there are 18 phone numbers that can be set to "buttons" on the screen, and they can be dialed with with simple push, even when the car runs. When these screen "buttons" are pushed, the connection through the Paerl is instant and the voice is excellent. I have found that these 18 numbers cover 99.9% of my calls.
I should also mention that once the Pearl is connected via Bluetooth, any incoming calls instantly connect, the radio station is turned off, and the call goes through perfectly. Overall, I like the Pearl connection with the car Bluetooth better than ahy other phone I have tried.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

No problem in my M3.Maybe the dealer has a software upgrade from the 07.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
Neverl8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm using my 8100 on my 2004 Lexus LS430 Ultra. No issues major issues. There are times when I view my emails on the BB, the bluetooth connections drop, but as soon as I finish, it reconnects right away.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
don c

Carrier: Telstra

I have managed to get my 8100 and my Lexus Gs300 to connect OK. My problem is that is there a way to confine the transfer of numbers from your contacts list to just say work and mobile numbers. Somehow I only seem to get one number per contact. Is there any way to prioritise the numbers to just get say, mobiles?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

I have 2007 Lexus ES350 and it was amazingly simple to set up bluetooth with my Pearl. No problems at all. I dont' use bluetooth except with the car because I hate having to remember to charge a headset as well as the phone.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #8
elisabeth2933

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Hi Chris

We have the same problem with the incoming calls that disconnect the previous call with blackberry and lexus gs300.

Do you have any way to solve it already?

Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislong View Post
Hey guys,

I just bought a 06 Lexus GS 300 and am very disheartened to learn of the bluetooth problems with my Pearl 8100.

Specifically - it will not ring and there is the delay in hearing the other party answer. Also, if another call comes in then the first call is disconnected.

I can only imagine that there is a fix out there somewhere for these 2 problems.

Pls help if you have some ideas...

Thanks,

Chris
Old 10-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #9
tobyw
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by don c View Post
I have managed to get my 8100 and my Lexus Gs300 to connect OK. My problem is that is there a way to confine the transfer of numbers from your contacts list to just say work and mobile numbers. Somehow I only seem to get one number per contact. Is there any way to prioritise the numbers to just get say, mobiles?
I don't know I'm afraid, but I have this issue with my Parrot CK3100 aftermarket car kit. It is annoying as I'm not sure until I've dialled just which number I have connected too! This may be an issue with the Pearl's implementation of the profile as I didn't have this problem with my previous phone, a Treo 650.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
llvaldez

Carrier: T Mobile

I have a new 2008 Lexus RX 350 with bluetooth and every time I start the car, my Blackberry Pearl asks me if I want to accept the bluetooth connection. Is there any way it can automatically do it without me having to select yes on my Blackberry?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:40 AM   #11
dhpjones

Model: 8120
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by llvaldez View Post
I have a new 2008 Lexus RX 350 with bluetooth and every time I start the car, my Blackberry Pearl asks me if I want to accept the bluetooth connection. Is there any way it can automatically do it without me having to select yes on my Blackberry?
Yes - you need to set the trusted status of the Hands Free device to YES. Go into Bluetooth Setup, Click on the Hands Free Device and choose Device properties - change Trusted to YES. It can then connect automatically.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
llvaldez

Carrier: T Mobile
Thumbs up THANKS dhpjones!

THANKS dhpjones, it worked!
Closed Thread