Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
twn2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Question about Tmobile services

Please Login to Remove!

I actually looked at my tmo bill and am not sure if I've got the plans I really need. Can you guys give me a hand? Here's what I pay for monthly:

Blackberry: $20
Hotspot: $20
MinMailMore: $30 (left over from my iPAQ days)
T-mo Internet: 30
Monthly: $100

Here's the services I want:

- Blackberry mail
- Hotspot connections for my laptop
- 1000 minutes

In looking at the tmo website, and here's what I think I need to get what I want:

- Blackberry Minutes and mail: $60
- HotSpot : $20

Is this correct? I know I can bluetooth my laptop to my phone, but I like the HotSpot service.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
jorv88
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by twn2 View Post
I actually looked at my tmo bill and am not sure if I've got the plans I really need. Can you guys give me a hand? Here's what I pay for monthly:

Blackberry: $20
Hotspot: $20
MinMailMore: $30 (left over from my iPAQ days)
T-mo Internet: 30
Monthly: $100

Here's the services I want:

- Blackberry mail
- Hotspot connections for my laptop
- 1000 minutes

In looking at the tmo website, and here's what I think I need to get what I want:

- Blackberry Minutes and mail: $60
- HotSpot : $20

Is this correct? I know I can bluetooth my laptop to my phone, but I like the HotSpot service.

Thanks,
Tom
what you want is what i have i have 1000 whenever min+ unlimited nights/weekends and the unlimited web/push email which i pay 63.87$$
but you also want the hotspot for ur laptop for 20(note the hot spot can only be used @ a sertn location)..
so total with voice plan+unlimited bb web on ur pearl+t-mobiles hot spot=around86.00$$ hope that helped
Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
badasti

your best bet is to call 611 from your blackberry and talk to customer care. you need a voice plan like the my fav 1000 or the non myfave plan for 10 bucks cheaper. imo the myfave is better. then you need the bb bis for 19.99 and 19.99 for hotspot. you also need to pick a txt package if you use it. maybe t-mobile will add hotspot to the blackberry add on. that what i hope for
Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
bstep1971
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmobile

This may be a real stupid question....but here it goes:

I have the 1000 anytime with faves, unlimited nights and weekends,
and the 19.99 unlimited bb plan.

What would be to my benefit to have the hotspot plan added to my package, if I already have my BB teathered to my laptop?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #5
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (8100 pearl: Mozilla/4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U) BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If you want teather your berry, there is none. Realistically, in a starbucks, your signal is usually full anyways. So your could use your berry there for that. You save 20 a month, and eliminate a pretty much pointless service. Wouldn't it be great if tmobile whipped out its 3g service already. Btw, itl be out before March 1st next year. So for those who teather, I would wait for a new berry with 3g if you want a new one. Maybe the pearl 2 will have 3g
Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
twn2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

[QUOTE

If you want teather your berry, there is none. Realistically, in a starbucks, your signal is usually full anyways. So your could use your berry there for that. You save 20 a month, and eliminate a pretty much pointless service. Wouldn't it be great if tmobile whipped out its 3g service already. Btw, itl be out before March 1st next year. So for those who teather, I would wait for a new berry with 3g if you want a new one. Maybe the pearl 2 will have 3g[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm missing something, but being in a Starbucks isn't going to help the signal of my Pearl....is it? Meaning, I'm going to get a faster speed on my Mac via HotSpot than via my BB. Now I can understand if we were talking about the Curve with Wifi.

Also, I go to Europe several times a year. HotSpot service is 18-cents per minute instead of $1/minute with the phone. That is unless I use the International BB plan and teather it....but i'm not sure if I would get charged.

Oh the choices....
Old 10-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
bstep1971
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by twn2 View Post
[QUOTE

If you want teather your berry, there is none. Realistically, in a starbucks, your signal is usually full anyways. So your could use your berry there for that. You save 20 a month, and eliminate a pretty much pointless service. Wouldn't it be great if tmobile whipped out its 3g service already. Btw, itl be out before March 1st next year. So for those who teather, I would wait for a new berry with 3g if you want a new one. Maybe the pearl 2 will have 3g
Maybe I'm missing something, but being in a Starbucks isn't going to help the signal of my Pearl....is it? Meaning, I'm going to get a faster speed on my Mac via HotSpot than via my BB. Now I can understand if we were talking about the Curve with Wifi.

Also, I go to Europe several times a year. HotSpot service is 18-cents per minute instead of $1/minute with the phone. That is unless I use the International BB plan and teather it....but i'm not sure if I would get charged.

Oh the choices....[/QUOTE]

No, I dont think it will make it faster, its just the point of... If you are there doing simple tasks and browsing online while at starbucks. When I use my BB as a modem, granted, the speeds are not nearly what they typically are with wifi, BUT, they are certainatly "good enough" for web browsing, especially if I do not want to pay the $20 extra a month for a few visits to starbucks to websurf.

In other words, lol, I only go to starbucks 2 times a week, and I personally am happy with the teather setup, for just web browsing. Now if you are in netmeeting or something like that.... yeah, I would definatly go with the WiFi version for that!

This happens to be one of my favorite features with the BBPearl, because when I go for 1 or 2 night business trips, and some of the hotels charge 10 dollars to get online, its worth its weight right there!
Closed Thread