Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
brain
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Class
Carrier: Verizon
Default Forward / speed dial

Please Login to Remove!

I have my home phone number in my address book (synchronized to Curve via Desktop Manager). I live out of range of the cell towers, so I forward my BB to my home number as I near my home & reach the limit of coverage.

I tried adding the forward to a speed dial, like this: *729995551212, where my home number is 9995551212. This works fine for a day or two, but then, mysteriously, the speed dial number reverts to just 9995551212; it drops the *72 from the speed dial entry and resolves instead to my home number so that instead of forwarding, it just calls my home number.

I have called BB twice on this, and they advised me to add a contact with the whole number, which I did. I called the contact FWD and entered *729995551212. I then added FWD to a speed dial. Same result. After a day or two (probably actually after a sync or two), the speed dial no longer resolves to FWD but to my home number.

I can get this to work only by actually calling the FWD number. Any attempt to use the speed dial drops the *72 within the first couple of syncs.
Closed Thread