BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
mmccurdy

Model: 8700G
Default pocketmac 4 and now up-to-date

Please Login to Remove!

In trying to setup pocketmac 4.0, the advanced tabs buttons alongside Now Up-to-date for calendar and tasks doesn't do anything. The NOW
properties for contacts brings up the settings window correctly and allows full setup. I have checked all prerequesites as well as have reinstalled PocketMac
4. Without changing the settings for calendar and tasks but still
syncing, I get the following and don't see the data sync.

PocketMac SyncManager Warning:
[12:08:22.525] An unexpected error has occured:
DesktopData::findMapUsing: no result found!

pocketmac 4
now up-to-date 5.3.0
Blackberry OS 4.1.0
Mac 10.3.9

help please!
Mark
mark.mccurdy-at-mail.com
Old 10-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
juliet

Model: 8700
Default same issue. Had to go back to vs 3

Same exact error message. I had to uninstall and then reinstall version 3.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
mmccurdy

Default Version 3

Where did you find version 3 to reinstall. All the links point to v4, now.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
krbmsw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

I hope this isn't the case as I was hoping that Now would be my substitute for Palm desktop as I transition from my palm to my 8100.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
mmccurdy

Default anyone working this issue?

I put the support ticket in on Sunday concerning this, but I haven't gotten any replies. This is a big, obvious error that isn't just an annoyance... it's a full failure. The previous version works but is category ignorant. I haven't found any chatter of other failures or successes with 4.0 and NOW...

Mark
Old 10-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #6
Vicky Vaughan

Model: 7130V
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccurdy
In trying to setup pocketmac 4.0, the advanced tabs buttons alongside Now Up-to-date for calendar and tasks doesn't do anything. The NOW
properties for contacts brings up the settings window correctly and allows full setup. I have checked all prerequesites as well as have reinstalled PocketMac

pocketmac 4
now up-to-date 5.3.0
Blackberry OS 4.1.0
Mac 10.3.9

help please!
Mark
mark.mccurdy-at-mail.com

I'm so angry about this - it's happened to me to - the same with Now Contacts too. Have you had any joy? I've tried contacting both Pocketmac and Blackberry RIM and they are both really unhelpful.

Please help!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
Vicky Vaughan

Model: 7130V

I'm so angry about this - it's happened to me to - the same with Now Contacts too. Have you had any joy? I've tried contacting both Pocketmac and Blackberry RIM and they are both really unhelpful.

Please help!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #8
ronanberry

Model: 8700c
Default same problem..

I just posted this before I saw this post... (I've tried everything)

Pocketmac 4 DOES NOT sync with NOW Contact....

----------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone had success synching with NOW contact?

I get this error:

[04:05:42.534] An unexpected error has occurred: DesktopData::findMapUsing: no result found!

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried a new user, 2 different computers, erased the blackberry, overwrote the blackberry. I'm using a Contact file with 3 contacts. I've done the Sync clean and everything else tech support said to try. Nothing.

I only have sync turned on for NOW contact. It completes the sync but gets the error. NOW categories do appear in the "Sync only these categories" dialog within Pocketmac, so something is happening. No contacts appear on the blackberry.

NOW Calendar syncs without a problem.

Pocketmac 4, macbook pro, 10.4.8, NOW 5.3.1
Old 10-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #9
mennosbao

Model: 8700g

Same exact error message!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #10
mmccurdy

Default I received this from Blackberry Support

Thank you for your patience.

This issue has been escalated to our development team. I believe they have determined the cause of the issue and are currently working on a resolution.

I will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available.

Hmmm....
Old 11-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #11
redfive

Same problem here -- nothing with Now Contact. Hopefully the fix will get posted here.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #12
redfive

Does anybody know where I can find the earlier version of this for download? Doesn't look like they're going to fix this glitch for a while.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfive
Does anybody know where I can find the earlier version of this for download? Doesn't look like they're going to fix this glitch for a while.

Thanks in advance.

For what its worth...I went through this drill with NOW Software & Pocketmac 4, and switched over to iCal and Address book as it was too frustrating. Also, I predict that whatever syncing capability there will be for Mac and Blackberry will almost certainly be focused on the inherent OSX apps. Just a guess on my part, but that's all one can do at ths stage.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #14
jfarias

Model: 7750
Carrier: Verizon

thank you. I kept thinking I moved a file or did something else stupid.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #15
BLUESUN

Model: 8707v
Default PocketMac is a waste of time...

I have been three months dealing with this problem and in total frustration I turned to the web to see if I was alone with this headache. Fact is PocketMac should not be promoted to Blackberry customers, because it has twice completely scrambled all my numbers and names to the point I can't call anyone without double checking if their info is correct. I have to use another program to do this. Three times I've emailed PockeMac support. Three times I've had no reply. That should pretty much tell you what kind of company they are, especially if their software doesn't do what it says it can do. Blackberry, I hope you read this. It is false advertising to push something that clearly doesn't work and this forum proves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccurdy

pocketmac 4
now up-to-date 5.3.0
Blackberry OS 4.1.0
Mac 10.3.9

help please!
Mark
mark.mccurdy-at-mail.com

Last edited by BLUESUN; 11-28-2006 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: Hit wrong button too soon!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 AM   #16
krbmsw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-mobile

There is another thread about this same problem. Apparently, if you e-mail PocketMac, there is a patch that will fix it.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
BLUESUN

Model: 8707v
Default Chasing the thread

I have just written to PocketMac support. I asked them for the patch to the CONTACT sync problem as you said. Hopefully this time I'll find a cure. Thanks for the guidance. I'll keep you posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbmsw
There is another thread about this same problem. Apparently, if you e-mail PocketMac, there is a patch that will fix it.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #18
radaly

Model: 8700

We're having the same problem. PocketMac will email you their link to the patch in a form email if you ask them.

I still cannot get Now Up To Date to work for love or money. I even paid for a "Support" call from PocketMac and they have actually NOT called on the two different times they've been scheduled to call. It's been over a week since I purchased their support! Not to mention being insanely slow on responding to emails, or not actually reading what I'm writing to them. I've gotten their form letter about Now Contact three times, and I keep telling them it's a Now Up To Date problem.

We can't roll back to v3 as we only had one serial number and it's in use by another user. The software should not be advertised as working with Now Up To Date & Contact.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #19
zeros360

Carrier: Tmobile

I see from this thread that many are having issues with pocketmac and Now but what about the native ical and addressbook? I've been reading in diffrent threads that its a mix of either success or failure. Personally, I had success in the beginning but have noticed a deterioration in the sync's. It dawne don my from a previous post that the only thing that has changed on my system is that I have added smart groups in my address book and have more than the standard work and home calendars in Ical. I'm guessing that the addition of multiple calendars and groups create too many categories for pocketmac since the mac will keep data in a general area and in the smart group. Tus causing duplication an mixing of data at times. Can anyone confirm similar results? Also, as someone asked erlier...any idea where to find v3? That worked great for me.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #20
redfive

I just emailed PocketMac and they sent me the patch. After installing it, my Blackberry syncs up with Now Up To Date and Now Contacts just fine. In fact, it imports fields better than v.3 did.

Posting this here because people started up threads elsewhere after this one was already going and the resolution was hidden from anyone watching this thread.
Closed Thread