Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman978
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinglock40z View Post
Wirelessly posted

First of all I'll repeat this. I never mention to people that I'm a police officer ESPECIALLY when it can be construed that I'm trying to get better treatment. And it was never a fact of a police officer getting better service but if people on government accounts getting better service. Noodles I completely agree with you about the ego of some officers. It actually drives me up the wall.

Soulman, I think your perception of what actually constitutes insurance fraud is a tad flawed. Just so you are familiar; the legal defintion of fraud is:

A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another.
Fraud is commonly understood as dishonesty calculated for advantage.

In the U.S. legal system, fraud is a specific offense with certain features. And in no way did I commit any type of fraud. Just a little FYI, I was an investigator for 4 long years where I investigated several types of fraud cases.
Did you let them know BEFORE you bought the insurance that the phone was essentially a paperweight? If not, then you concealed that material fact in an effort to collect the insurance (new phone).
Well the phone wasn't a paper weight but yes I was having problems with it. Amd yes I told them EVERYTHING that I was having problems with. And again they offered me the insurance. It wasn't like I called to get something for nothing. The basis of my call was to get the phone working right.

By the way I have no problem in discussing this issue with anyone as long as people keep it civil and refrain from being offensive. I will no longer be responding to mrvtx's post. Obviously his mind has been made and I no longer have the desire nor patience to try and change it.

So just to let everyone know. I just got off the phone with verizon. I was curious to see if they felt maybe there was any wrongdoing being done. Another thing that crossed my mind while I was waiting to talk to someone was the thought that maybe the employees I was talking to prior were not following standard procedures and were maybe "hooking me up".

Well I actually stayed on hold for probably the longed I've ever held with verizon. Probably due to the fact of a Saturday afternoon and I was waiting for a supervisor. So when I finally was able to talk to someone, she explained to me large corporate/government accounts are handled by separate customer service representatives than regular accounts. She stated that they will offer to give you a new phone if you are not under contract simply if you will add insurance and keep it on the new device also. She said this is sometimes offered to people on regular accounts also. She would not comment whether corp/govn accounts were given better treatment. She simply stated that what a corp/govn customer service rep does with their customer is between them and the business.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #22
mrvtx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: the tail on the donkey
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinglock40z View Post
Wirelessly posted
By the way I have no problem in discussing this issue with anyone as long as people keep it civil and refrain from being offensive. I will no longer be responding to mrvtx's post. Obviously his mind has been made and I no longer have the desire nor patience to try and change it.
I was not uncivil in any of my posts, but you would not change my mind in any case. When it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, I know it's a duck, even when someone tries to tell me it's pheasant under glass. I hadn't posted anymore on the subject until you mentioned my name again.

The fact that I'm not the only one to point this out seems to be lost on you, but I am not trying to change your mind. However, when you look in the mirror and don't see "duck", your might need your eyes checked.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #23
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Pretty much off topic.