Old 06-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile
Default $100 dollar rebate Question

Please Login to Remove!

For those of you who are familiar w/ legalese.

It says in order to get the $100 rebate off the total price. You need to activate with both a voice and data plan. Could I just cancel the voice few days after activating and still get the rebate. I'm not seeing anything in the rebate about doing that? I'm thinking I'm in clear or could I be wrong? Not sure how much of a stickler for the rules At&T is.

brb scanning in the form. If anyone has a minute to take a quick look.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
splitsick
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

I am not sure about the voice, but my sales rep gave me the data free for a month so that I could use the rebate!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART

Ah...another "how do I cheat the system" thread. No wonder service is so expensive for the rest of us.

There's likely a "terms and conditions" section for the rebate on the website. I would check that and read it carefully. You probably have to have the voice plan for 90 days.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
scaevola

I'm not trying to cheat the system. The press release I saw said 199.99 after $100 rebate with activation. It didn't specify both services. And the guy above me aparently got hooked up, so I'm a little perturbed.

here is the rebate. I finally got the scanner working on this computer.
Its to big to upload here.

http://www.files.scaevola.net/bb_forums/bb_rebate.jpg

Please don't distribute this to www I only have so much bandwidth.

Last edited by scaevola; 06-02-2007 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: can't get the html linking/bb code to work
Old 06-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
scaevola

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
I'm not trying to cheat the system. The press release I saw said 199.99 after $100 rebate with activation. It didn't specify both services. And the guy above me aparently got hooked up, so I'm a little perturbed.

here is the rebate. I finally got the scanner working on this computer.
Its to big to upload here.

http://www.files.scaevola.net/bb_forums/bb_rebate.jpg

Please don't distribute this to www I only have so much bandwidth.
Answered my own question. Feel free to delete this post. And the mod was right ... go figures...Why didn't the press release say both.

How did you get that guy to give you a free month of data? I couldn't even get them to comp the activation fee.
Quote:
Cingular Wireless service and required features must be active when the offer form is processed and validated eligible for the AT&T promotion card
Old 06-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Zorn

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

I have a question on the rebate...when I picked up my Curve it was the first unit they had sold and the reps couldn't find the rebates or pricing information anywhere, so she just matched the website and I paid $199 out the door.

If I find the rebate form myself, could I still send it in? The receipt just shows that I bought the device, not that I got any special pricing on it or anything, or do you HAVE to pay $299 for the rebate to work?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
cheema

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Does anybody have a PDF of the rebate, or are the store eventually supposed to have these rebate forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
I have a question on the rebate...when I picked up my Curve it was the first unit they had sold and the reps couldn't find the rebates or pricing information anywhere, so she just matched the website and I paid $199 out the door.

If I find the rebate form myself, could I still send it in? The receipt just shows that I bought the device, not that I got any special pricing on it or anything, or do you HAVE to pay $299 for the rebate to work?
Old 06-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
xxaarraa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: The New Cingular

Quote:

Im pretty sure you have to send a copy of your purchase receipt which will say $199. I dont know, its worth a shot.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

just checked the cingular site.... http://www.wireless.att.com/global/M...rve_061707.pdf

there is the mail in rebate for the curve!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #10
kubwambe

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

I ordered mine Thursday night. I was eligible for an upgrade, so I went on the website, ordered it, they automatically gave me the $100 rebate plus free express shipping and I had it in my hands by 2:30 the next day. It was very easy and only cost me $199. All in all I love the device and it could not have been easier to get.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:49 PM   #11
bbcurve

Default Mail-In Rebate is a New Twist in This Blackberry Curve Tale

Thursday, when it was publicly released, there was an "Instant Rebate" online for average consumers (no corporate account). I printed out a copy of this with the Curve in the basket in the online checkout so that I would have proof when I went to the store to try to get them to match their online pricing if the in-store pricing differed.

However, for kicks I went back the next day, and it had changed from an "Instant Rebate" to a "Mail-In Rebate". I'm not sure why the change, but here we are.

From my experience with customer service from at&t thus far, I would highly doubt they would give anything that even remotely possibly may even consider approaching a loophole. They play by their rules. And so do you.

Sad but true, thus is the life of the customer is always wrong.

Oh well, at least we all have cool phones!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #12
jdmass

Model: none
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:

I had a similar experience and was wondering the same thing. The phone came up on their system as $269(!) (the sales guy had already quoted me $299, but smiled and said it must be my lucky day) plus they didn't have any forms so he just took the $100 off on the spot, meaning that I only paid $169 (+tax) out of pocket.
Closed Thread