Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Question "Invite attendees" in calendar not working with default email

Please Login to Remove!

I'm trying to send meeting requests/invite attendees (as reminders for appointments) out from my calendar.

First problem is that my default email is not the one that it lists as "sending from" and sometimes there is no way to change the sending address. Secondly, when I am able to change sender back to the default, the email bounces back to the inbox with a red X with the status saying the address specified was invalid. I searched for this issue and read that RIM knows about the problem that it can only send meeting requests from the default email but MY problem is that it WON'T send from the default and actually chooses one of the secondary addresses.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
PCgirl

Question

Anyone? Bueller?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I'm able to send via either message service. However, I'm on BES as well, so that could be why mine works ok.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 AM   #4
PCgirl

Thanks John
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
I'm trying to send meeting requests/invite attendees (as reminders for appointments) out from my calendar.

First problem is that my default email is not the one that it lists as "sending from" and sometimes there is no way to change the sending address. Secondly, when I am able to change sender back to the default, the email bounces back to the inbox with a red X with the status saying the address specified was invalid. I searched for this issue and read that RIM knows about the problem that it can only send meeting requests from the default email but MY problem is that it WON'T send from the default and actually chooses one of the secondary addresses.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
well i am on BIS connection and i just tried it after reading your post. Mine sent from the default address with no problems. Have you tried deleting the service books for your default email then resending them, perhaps one of them was not recieved properly.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
PCgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
well i am on BIS connection and i just tried it after reading your post. Mine sent from the default address with no problems. Have you tried deleting the service books for your default email then resending them, perhaps one of them was not recieved properly.
Hi Sith_Apprentice,

I wasn't having any other issues with email but I went ahead and re-sent service books anyway, just in case. But when I went to the calendar and tried to invite an attendee it still listed the same secondary email. So, I was fiddling around with the menu and went to try and invite another attendee and then hit escape, and then the email reminder showed up to where you can add a note or details to the message. The from line did list my default but when I went back to the calendar it still listed the other email. In any case, I sent the reminder and it worked. So I guess that it will always list a secondary email address within the appointment page but I just have to double check the actual email to make sure it is being sent from the address I want.

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
PCgirl

Oh, and FYI, when changing the FROM email within the actual email and not the appointment page, I was able to send from ANY of my email addresses.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

i changed my default service from my gmail to my blackberry email and resent the invite and it worked from the BB email. I then switched it back and it seems that in calendar it is stuck from my bb email now. odd. Im going to fiddle around with it more and see if i can get it to switch back. Ill keep you updated.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #9
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
i changed my default service from my gmail to my blackberry email and resent the invite and it worked from the BB email. I then switched it back and it seems that in calendar it is stuck from my bb email now. odd. Im going to fiddle around with it more and see if i can get it to switch back. Ill keep you updated.
Seems the invite is staying on my default BB email while if i use "Email attendees" it sends from my primary email. I might have simply just missed it sending from the default email originally.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
PCgirl

Unhappy FROM email still wrong!!!

Bummer -- I just read the actual email reminder that was received on the other end and the email is in fact FROM my secondary one and not the default!

Will keep you posted...
Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
havaloc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

There has got to be a better way to manage this, or perhaps choose the account to send it from.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #12
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaloc View Post
There has got to be a better way to manage this, or perhaps choose the account to send it from.
whats strange is that it allows you to highlight the FROM email address, but not make any changes.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #13
PCgirl

Unhappy

Quote:
whats strange is that it allows you to highlight the FROM email address, but not make any changes.
What's even stranger is that when it actually allows you to make the changes from the outgoing reminder email, sometimes it sends from both the correct email as well as the incorrect one listed on the appointment page.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #14
miklm

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I have a different problem, but I think related.

I got a Pearl 8130 from Verizon over the weekend, and set up my BIS service with a [email address] address. I also briefly set up a Gmail account, but then deleted it from the BIS web page and confirmed it was deleted on the device.

Then, on Sunday night, I set up Outlook to sync my calendar which I previously had on my Motorola Q (using a different email account through Exchange, which I never set up on the BB)

Now, when I go to an appointment, there is an option "Send using:" at the top, and it has [email address] there, which is the default for new entries. All my imported entries have this. I cannot modify the existing entries, but on new entries I can click and select my @vzw.blackberry.net email account, which SHOULD be the ONLY account on my BlackBerry.

When I go into the Calendar options, there are two calendars -- [email address] and [email address]. How can I get rid of the Gmail account for good? There is nothing about it in my service books, and I deleted the service books for my bb.net account and resent them to no avail.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
VickyPaz

Carrier: TMobile

There is a solution for this, and it worked for me. The actual thread is below but here is a post that someone made which helped me...

***OK, this is the behaviour I have noticed as this was driving me crazy today...

My setup is BB 8310, BIS, with gmail (POP), Outlook by OWA, a personal POP account and a @rogers.blackberry.com account.

I needed to send an appointment from my company Outlook account to several people within my organization.

I setup the appointment first with the subject, location, and added some text to the notes section. I then saved the appointment without inviting anyone as I was distracted and needed to complete something else first...

When I was ready to invite my attendees I reopened the appointment and clicked the invite attendee. I then added my invitees and noticed that the option to "send meeting request using" appeared, but I could not change it. It defaulted to the wrong account I needed to send the appointment from (it was coming from my personal email, but needed it to be send from my work email...) In short I could not send the appointment as I intended as it would have looked stupid to send a meeting request from my personal email, and not the work one.

Now tonight I sat down to figure this out... and discovered that if you DO NOT SAVE the appointment, but invite your attendees, the option to change the "send meeting request using" works and I can change the account to my work email. Somehow the sending account gets locked in, if you save the appointment before inviting your attendees.

...try it out... is this behaviour the same for everyone else?

Bitablespore'***

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...email-svc.html
Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #16
Casper TFG
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2 UK

digging that tip, sounds like it will work
Old 11-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #17
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE
Exclamation

not-saved appointments: you can set up an address for the "send using" field when you choose to invite attendees while you're still in the process of completing the appointment (nice!)

saved appointment: you can only change the "send using" field if you choose Menu > Email All Attendees and it'd take you to the compose-email window which you wouldn't really get (like why do you still have to compose when it should automatically send the invite + details once you save the appointment anyway?)

follow VickyPaz's link
Old 11-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

I have a related question. I have the 8703e on 4.2.1 and since there's no patch from RIM yet to select the Send From email on invites, I have deleted all but one of my CICAL service books. My default send from (options->advanced options->message services) address is a different one and deos not have a CICAL service book.

When I invite someone using Outlook and they accept it updates my Outlook calendar as expected. However when I sync my blackberry w/Outlook I do not get the attendee information on the BB. Just a normal calendar event shows. Is this right? Shouldn't I see the attendees on the BB calendar?
Closed Thread