BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
2ndHalfCor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Possible to view saved attachement?

Please Login to Remove!

I want to upgrade from my 7105t. One of the things I would like to be able to do is save attachments and view them without keeping the email on my phone. Can you save a Word attachment to the memory card and then view it on the card? Thanks for any assistance.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
2ndHalfCor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Unhappy

I know that I'm not the only one interested in this, so here's what I've found out so far. The short answer seems to be "no." I bought a Pearl (hoping) and have experimented a little. I cannot seem to save Word or Excel attachments to my media card. However, I can load them to the card from my desktop computer. Then, I can navigate to them and attach them to an outgoing email. However, I can't view them UNLESS I email them back to myself. Then I can open the attachment and read it! Insane. Somebody please tell me there is an easier way!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
Markberry

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndHalfCor
I know that I'm not the only one interested in this, so here's what I've found out so far. The short answer seems to be "no." I bought a Pearl (hoping) and have experimented a little. I cannot seem to save Word or Excel attachments to my media card. However, I can load them to the card from my desktop computer. Then, I can navigate to them and attach them to an outgoing email. However, I can't view them UNLESS I email them back to myself. Then I can open the attachment and read it! Insane. Somebody please tell me there is an easier way!
I am having similar issues. All over the marketing text they claim the ability to view attachments, and play all kinds of media... then I get the phone only to find that I can only view a very specific type of attachment and I can't even save a media file to memory card from an email. Useless!

So I can email myself a .3gp file which the phone can play fine, but because it's in email I can't play it. GRRRR. Get your shit together RIM.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
I8UB4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

I need help and I have searched the threads. This thread comes closest to my problem.

1) Somebody sends me an email with an attachment. Is there any way on my handheld to save this attachment to my micro SD card without saving the email? If so, how do I go back and open it later? Is there a third party app that will allow this?

2) I have some excel, word and a pdf documents that I would frequently like to reference on my handheld. I can transfer them from my computer via desktop manager to the SD card, but how can I view them? The media files application only gives me the choice of opening music, pictures, ringtones and video. If I compose an email, it gives me the option of attaching the files. Otherwise, they don't show up on the system. As the guy above states, the only way I can seemingly open these attachments is to email them to myself. This is retarded. Again, is there a third party application that I can download that will allow me to manage and view word, excel and pdf attachments?

Maybe I'm missing something, but this is a HUGE disadvantage of the Pearl over other smartphones.
Closed Thread