Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
TLHord
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default "Message truncated due to size"

Please Login to Remove!

I just activated a replacement Verizon 8330 they sent me in the mail -- and I've noticed two emails already today that had this "truncated" message instead of the content and attachments. I don't remember ever seeing this for the three months I had the original unit.

I've searched everywhere I know to try to shut this off -- can anyone help?

I don't want messages truncated. I have an 8G card and I'm not concerned with space at all.

Might be important to add -- using BIS, and the truncated message happened on both an Outlook email, and a Hotmail pushed to the phone.

Thanks!

Last edited by TLHord; 09-22-2008 at 12:09 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Crash Test
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

Your BIS server will have some limit on the maximum email size that it will send to your BB. After that you will get the truncation message. You will still be able to retrieve these very large message from your computer email program.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHord View Post
I just activated a replacement Verizon 8330 they sent me in the mail -- and I've noticed two emails already today that had this "truncated" message instead of the content and attachments. I don't remember ever seeing this for the three months I had the original unit.

I've searched everywhere I know to try to shut this off -- can anyone help?

I don't want messages truncated. I have an 8G card and I'm not concerned with space at all.

Might be important to add -- using BIS, and the truncated message happened on both an Outlook email, and a Hotmail pushed to the phone.

Thanks!
It's not a matter of whether you want the messages truncated or not. If your device is able to hold/process more then the device will pull more in. Your 8G card has nothing to do with it, as your device cannot use that card for message storage. It's internal memory only, and there is a 'per message' size limit.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
TLHord
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Your BIS server will have some limit on the maximum email size that it will send to your BB. After that you will get the truncation message. You will still be able to retrieve these very large message from your computer email program.
Any idea why emails just like that and even larger came through just fine as of a few days ago?

Seems awfully ironic -- replacement handset today -- truncated emails from both Hotmail and Outlook -- and it had never happened once before today.

I'm not saying you're wrong..... certainly you have good information. But still, the fact is -- I got larger emails than 6MB from Hotmail and Outlook before today -- and with the newly activated 8330 from Verizon I have truncated emails from both (a 9.9 hotmail, and a 6.0MB from Outlook). Those used to come through just fine.

There must be some setting somewhere......
Old 09-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
TLHord
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
It's not a matter of whether you want the messages truncated or not. If your device is able to hold/process more then the device will pull more in. Your 8G card has nothing to do with it, as your device cannot use that card for message storage. It's internal memory only, and there is a 'per message' size limit.

Can I change the limit on the per message size limit? That must be what I had done before.... thus getting 6MB emails without problem.

I don't know..... and I can't stand when things that used to work.... no longer do -- when I should be able to figure out why.

Thanks for answering -- I truly appreciate it.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
TLHord
Thumbs Must Hurt

What's everyone else's "truncation" per-email size limit? Outlook and/or Hotmail -- using BIS.

Just curious -- thanks!
Closed Thread