Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
lololololololol

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default HELLLPPP! wont turn on or charge :(

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I've had this problem for a while and looked on many different websites to look for a solution but everyones problems seem slightly different to mine so I thought I'd ask my own question. Basically I was on my phone and it just randomly turned off, so I figured it was cos I leant on it or something so I turned it back on again. When it turned on I didn't look at the battery bar so don't know whether it was low battery or not, but as soon as I looked up to the tv, and down to my bb again it was off agin, only this time it wouldn't turn back on again. So then I thought it was probabley out of battery and needed charging. I plugged it in but the battery bar came up with a red cross through it. I thought this was just because it had no battery and needed charging, so left it to charge all night. When I looked the next morning the battery had still a red cross through. I got worried then! I can't remember how long after this was, but I plugged it in once, and the red cross had changed to a yellow lightening bolt, which I always thought meant it was charging, so I happily left it to charge up, except when I came back a few hours later it still hadn't charged. I then looked over some other forums on different websites and found out that if the red led light comes on when you put the battery in then the battery is working fine, and if it doesn't then it is the batterys fault or something, but I am not sure as I tried the phone with my sisters same 9900 battery but it didn't work. But that was before it turned fron a red cross to a lightening bolt so I am unsure to the cause and solution to my problem, help would be realllyy much appreciated because at the moment I have to use an old curve and it is terrible compared to my babeyyy !xx
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: HELLLPPP! wont turn on or charge :(

Ok, so you have tried another battery and it's no go. So battery isn't the problem.

You probably found in your searching the accounts of 9900s that have just bricked. So, that is a possibility.

Another possibility is that it is damaged from a drop or moisture or liquid exposure.

I guess some kind of software glitch or corruption is possible, though I tend to doubt it. You could try wiping and reloading the OS if you can manage to get Desktop Manager to see the device and connect. But that may not be possible.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread