nathan62969
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBerry View Post
There are a number of apps to do this. The best I've found is called Email Edit - 99 cents at AppWorld.
Nothing in BB Appworld comes up for me as or like "Email Edit?" Does it go by another name?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 03-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #62
pshute

Carrier: Optus
Default Re: Wish(es) for future OS Upgrades for Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan62969 View Post
Nothing in BB Appworld comes up for me as or like "Email Edit?" Does it go by another name?
Is this it? It says it's free unless you want to be able to forward attachments:
appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2813

I noticed some comments there that it doesn't work with OS6.

I just tried it on my Bold, after downloading it from www.blackberrydownload.net/download-forward-reply-and-edit.html.

It says I need to forward it to a friend to activate it, then it says "APN is not specified". Reading about this at getsatisfaction.com/tinytwitter/topics/apn_is_not_specified I don't think I can enter an APN because I'm on BES.

Another well written Blackberry app. Pity, it sounds like it would do what I want, although I don't understand why something like this isn't built in. I understand why they want to include the entire original message, but sometimes top posting with a complete original message just isn't appropriate.

I'm slightly sceptical about allowing this app access to my email.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #63
pshute

Another whim - I'd like it if the time could display the seconds. Surely not too hard, although Windows doesn't do it either. Maybe it would actually slow other apps down, in which case just the option to display it on the full screen clock would do. Performance of other apps shouldn't matter too much when that's displayed.

By the way, I assume all you people know you can email any suggestions and bug reports to [email address]? You should probably include the model and OS version of your phone in the emails.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #64
pshute

On my old Nokia, when I changed it to silent mode, it asked what time I wanted it changed back. I'm sure there's an app to do this on Blackberry, but why can't it be built in?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:17 PM   #65
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshute View Post
Can we please have the "UP" label back on the charger plug? I felt grateful for it every single time I plugged it into the phone, but now it's gone, and I have to examine the plug to make sure it's the right way up.

I guess I could just put a dot of white-out on it.
Please explain to those of us who don't quite understand - how that can be accomplished with a "future OS upgrade", since that's the subject of this thread?!?!
Old 03-30-2011, 04:10 AM   #66
pshute

Quote:
Can we please have the "UP" label back on the charger plug? I felt grateful for it every single time I plugged it into the phone, but now it's gone, and I have to examine the plug to make sure it's the right way up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Please explain to those of us who don't quite understand - how that can be accomplished with a "future OS upgrade", since that's the subject of this thread?!?!
Er, just checking if anyone's reading this stuff.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #67
davemack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

The one thing that would thrill me to death!

Being able to directly "Sync" with Thunderbird & Lightning's calendar and contacts!

And is there some problem that I'm unaware of by using my old cases with the magnet in them? I already edited my sounds to make them the same in and out of the case. I just don't want to "hurt" the Torch if the magnet does something it shouldn't.

Last edited by davemack; 03-30-2011 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: added question
Old 03-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #68
ComputerKris
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: 3

Well here is my two pennth worth – all based on what I used to be able to do on my old Nokia 6220C and but now can’t on my new BlackBerry?!! (Well all but the first one!)

1. Be able to lock the screen independently of the touchpad and hardware keyboard, so I don’t keep deleting messages when I take the phone out of its holster.
2. Make unlocking the phone a two key press, or press and hold operation. I unlock it all the time by mistake.
3. Be able to disable the Flashing LED when the phone is turned off and charging.
4. Have the option to have the caller’s name read out when the phone is ringing.
5. Have the option to have the phone read out my texts and emails.
6. Have more than one alarm. E.G One for the weekdays, one for the weekend and one for one off incidents.
7. Be able to change the icons of folders users create, to ones other than the strictly limited stock icons on the phone.
8. Default the date format to that of the country the phone is in. I am in the UK but the phone displays dates month then day.

Other than that, I am now a BlackBerry convert
Old 03-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #69
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Re: #6 - You can have more than one alarm. Instead of creating the alarm in the clock app, create the alarm(s) in the calendar.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #70
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

3) Enable Bedside Mode when the device is plugged in.
4) Use the Voice Notes Recorder on the device, and then record the caller's name. Then set that recording as the ringtone for that caller. It is tedious, but is a work around.
5) Look at the app DriveSafe.ly
6) See ifonline's response
7) You may consider looking at different themes (if I am understanding the request correctly)
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 04-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #71
nathan62969

Tha ability to create folders within created Home Screen folders would be peachy...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #72
nathan62969

When adding contact info to Contacts, say from an email, it would be great iF when going to Menu > Add to Contacts, there was the additional options to Add to Current Contact or Add New Contact. Often come to want to add additional info to a current contact, but have to exit the app, go to homescreen, and then into Contacts.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #73
pshute

I've always thought it was odd that there was no way, when editing, say, an email, to quickly move to the start or end of a line, or to jump left or right one word. It's a pain scrolling right across one character at a time.

I assume the touch screen will let me move the cursor wherever I want? If so, I still think I'll be using the keyboard mostly, and reaching up to the screen would be a pain.

I'm not sure how it could be implemented, given that there's no room for Home and End buttons. Maybe alt+scroll could jump a word at a time, then at least you could scroll to the start or end quickly. I don't think alt+scroll is used for anything, is it? It was used to scroll up and down when Blackberries had wheels, I think.

Note that I've only used a Torch for a few days as a demo, and I'm not expecting to have one for a few more weeks. Maybe I'll be happy with it as it is.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:42 PM   #74
nathan62969

Please oh please let a future OS upgrade have an Undo option in the menus(s) for working with text, as in after pasting, typing, cutting, etc. Please!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #75
tectonbbtorch

Model: torch
Carrier: at&t

more processing speed and ram - please!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #76
nwatson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

A radio tuner for local stations (is there a apps that will do this???)
A "delete all" option for clearing text, email messages and call history
A reboot option or icon. No more battery pulls.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #77
glenncookie2003

Model: 7130
Carrier: optus

can you play zynga poker on the torch or will i have to buy one of them i thingies
Old 06-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #78
nathan62969

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwatson View Post
A radio tuner for local stations (is there a apps that will do this???)
A "delete all" option for clearing text, email messages and call history
A reboot option or icon. No more battery pulls.
Have you checked out the TuneIn Radio app (free or Pro paid version) to be found in BB App World? Pretty good app for finding radio stations! The paid version notably also has the ability to RECORD what you're listening too on your SD card!!! The downside of the recording is that it does not save the audio in a file that you can play on the media player or other music player (the file saved is a .dat file only playable in the tunein radio app, apparently). But, the .dat file in desktop audio converter can then convert it to mp3 (which is ok for now!).
Old 06-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #79
nathan62969

I also think it would be really super awesome if there was a way one could manage one's own screen that pops up whenever you hold down the menu button for a second (the running apps screen), i.e. be able to add icons for the few apps that could just as well be considered as operating all the time. Like, there is the Messages folder app icon always included, but if I have a separate email folder, I'd like that to come up in my running apps folder, whether or not I am using it or not, as I often like to bounce back and forth between that folder and the Messages folder.

Would also be nifty to see the folders that one creates for the home screen popping up in the running apps folder if goes into it, rather than only seeing the Homescreen icon, and having to go the extra step to return to that folder when bouncing in other apps.

Please
Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #80
nathan62969

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan62969 View Post
I also think it would be really super awesome if there was a way one could manage one's own screen that pops up whenever you hold down the menu button for a second (the running apps screen), i.e. be able to add icons for the few apps that could just as well be considered as operating all the time. Like, there is the Messages folder app icon always included, but if I have a separate email folder, I'd like that to come up in my running apps folder, whether or not I am using it or not, as I often like to bounce back and forth between that folder and the Messages folder.

Would also be nifty to see the folders that one creates for the home screen popping up in the running apps folder if one goes into it, rather than only seeing the Homescreen icon, and having to go the extra step to return to that folder when bouncing in other apps.

Please
Closed Thread