BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
craig z

Model: 7290
Default Mac user, new 7290- can I down load Pics directly on sync?

Please Login to Remove!

I picked up a 7290 and I'm really impressed, I trashed a Treo 600 and really don't think I'm going to miss it. Nice try but missed the mark in so many ways.

anyhow, I'd like to be able to put a couple dozen pics of the family on the new blackberry, but in the app "pocket mac" that I'm using to sync with , there looks to be no provision for transfering photo's.

do I need to email and then some how save them? Is there another app available for mac guys to do this kinda thing?

thanks alot !

craig
Old 09-29-2005, 05:20 AM   #2
theloneliestgoat

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Craig
I've been using a 7520 w/ OS X for about 6 months now. As far as transferring photos, there's no GOOD way to do it. Emailing them works, but the best solution I found is to host the photos on a server somewhere and download them using your BB's browser.

If you don't have any web space at all, a .MAC account might be just the thing. You could also try a flickr account (free). Either way, just nav to your photo's URL and once it's downloaded you can save it to the BB using the menu that you can pull up by pressing the thumb wheel.

BTW, I've found the folks at PocketMac to be very friendly and responsive. If you have time you might consider emailing them a request for this feature in future versions. I know I have, as well as several of my friends with similar needs for additional features to PocektMacBB. Since there aren't that many of us Mac BB users out there every 'bump' to a request makes it more likely to happen.
Closed Thread