BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
jgreenberg

Model: 7100T
Default Syncing my 7100t w/ Mac

Please Login to Remove!

My work just gave me a brand new 17inch G4 Mac laptop, it has outlook and I would like to sync this with my 7100. Has anybody done this? Any advice would be much appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, not familiar with the forum.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 06-25-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Hi! Welcome to BBForums. There is a program called "PocketMac" which should help you out. Several people here use it. Do a search on "Pocketmac" and it should give you enough to get started.

Good luck!
Old 07-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
pderby

Model: 7100T

My 14 day return period was about to end, so I reluctantly returned my BlackBerry 7100T back to T-Mobile. With PocketMac for BlackBerry installed I was able to synch the task list, address book and calendar. I was able to receive and send email from the BlackBerry just fine. I had to do all this with a USB cable. The BlueTooth connection did NOT work. Also, I wasn't able to find a USB or BlueTooth Modem driver that would work with the BlackBerry on a Mac so I could connect to the internet from my PowerBook via GPRS. The 7100T does this just fine from my PC Laptop, but I'm not ready to give up my PowerBook for a PC Laptop for my everyday use.

If/when a BlueTooth and/or USB modem driver is written for OS X, I'll be right down to the T-Mobile store and buy one of these nice devices again.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
ScottG61376

Model: 8800
Carrier: A T & T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pderby
My 14 day return period was about to end, so I reluctantly returned my BlackBerry 7100T back to T-Mobile. With PocketMac for BlackBerry installed I was able to synch the task list, address book and calendar. I was able to receive and send email from the BlackBerry just fine. I had to do all this with a USB cable. The BlueTooth connection did NOT work. Also, I wasn't able to find a USB or BlueTooth Modem driver that would work with the BlackBerry on a Mac so I could connect to the internet from my PowerBook via GPRS. The 7100T does this just fine from my PC Laptop, but I'm not ready to give up my PowerBook for a PC Laptop for my everyday use.

If/when a BlueTooth and/or USB modem driver is written for OS X, I'll be right down to the T-Mobile store and buy one of these nice devices again.
RIM disables all Bluetooth functionality accept for handsfree profile for security purposes. It is not possible nor will it be possible to sync your blackberry and any device (MAC or PC) over Bluetooth.
Closed Thread