BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
twinsdad

Model: 7290
Default new blackberry user cannot sync with pocketmac

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a brand new blackberry user and just installed pocketmac on my powerbook, then turned on options to sync with addressbook, ical, and stickynotes. When I connect my blackberry via usb the pocketmac icon shows connected (so does isync) but when I hit the option to sync all nothing happens. When I use isync it shows a sync process but no contacts or calender events are on my blackberry. I'm sure I am missing something silly but could someone please help?

Thanks

Don
Old 03-28-2006, 01:39 AM   #2
RPB3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Moblie

I emailed Pocket mac support with the same problem. They said to turn off bluetooth before syncing. It seemed to work. I'll try to find the email and copy actual text from it.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
blackberet

Model: 7105t
Default PocketMac not ready for primetime

PocketMac is not ready for primetime. On the initial sync, it did so erratically. That is, some phone numbers of a contact sync, some do not. It's unnerving to find this out when you're already on the road without your (complete) address book. And the program has a bug which changes all "Home" addresses to "Work" if you make "Home" the default. Worst of all, the tech support is not only ridiculously slow (it took three weeks to get a response to my first e-mail inquiry), but also cannot manage to answer the question asked nor offer support to fix the problem. They say the program syncs okay with Now Contact, but hasn’t been written to work seamlessly (yet) with Entourage, or Mac OS Address Book! Go figure. I’ve wasted my $30, and now I'm waiting for SyncAgain from Epicad, whom I’m assuming already knows how to play with the big boys.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
aphr0deity
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mo

I assume you purchased PocketMac before RIM acquired them.

SyncAgain looks very interesting... I wonder if wireless syncing will be available for BIS users.

Are any BES users currently using SyncAgain, and if so, how do you like it? Or has everyone already migrated to PocketMac now that it's free?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
BBQBB

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

I've used PocketMac to sync to Now Contact with OK results. The process of linking changes from BB to PowerBook locks up and I don't even have any updates in the BB. I'm a new user, only owning the 7100g for a few days now. Still trying to learn my way around the device.

PocketMac seems OK at best. It's not great but it gets the job done. I'd like to make my SIM phone book the default but can't figure out how.

Still trying to figure out if I'll keep the device or return it. I have 14 days. It does have some excellent features. The speaker phone is the best I've had on any cell phone. I'm slowly picking away at the spam using the filters in BIS.

Any other pointers?