BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 AM   #1
dkhedley

Model: 7130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default 7130 SMS messages not deleteing?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

Something changed today with the way my BB handles SMS messages and I've not (knowingly) changed anything or done anything differently.

Previously, all SMS messages were delivered into the standard 'messages' view, as well as showing up in the 'SMS Inbox' accessible through 'view folder'. I could easily delete them from either view and the other would also show the deletion. Nice and simple

Suddenly, new messages are only appearing in the 'SMS Inbox' view and not in the standard messages view. I only realised when the unread message count showed 2 and there was only one new email.

Wondering if it was a memory issue, I went into the SMS inbox and deleted most of my old messages (only about 70 or so) and yet strangely they still appeared in the Messages view. If I try to delete them from the messages view it asks for the confirm delete, but nothing happens. They are still there!

Also, very strangely, if I am in the standard messages view and press Alt ? to show all SMS messages, it gives me a massive list including messages that are neither in the Messages view OR the SMS Inbox view!! I'm really confused!
I've checked the SIM SMS folder and this is empty.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Damian
Old 07-10-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
LovingMyBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

First I would power off your device, remove your battery, and try it again. If they do not show up in your main messages view. I would backup and then wipe the handheld and reactivate.

Bryan Kuhn
Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
dottiemhall

Carrier: Alltel
Default BB 7130 SMS Help

Can anyone tell me if the7130 has a signature section that I can set to send with each SMS message? Please help!

Thank you.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
dkhedley

Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks Bryan - the battery trick worked. Not sure why I'd not done this before actually!! The universal "Reboot and everything will be fine" method!

Thanks

Damian
Closed Thread