Old 10-31-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
ukulele_ninja
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Bluetooth Question

Please Login to Remove!

Im trying to figure out how to use bluetooth to make my phone appear in an audio program like Adobe Audition.

Basically, I have it setup so that the programs see the phone but when I try to record, I only get to record the voice of the person im talking to. My voice will not record and worst yet I cant talk to them.

Is there way to make the bluetooth capture both my end of the conversation and the person that im talking to?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
ukulele_ninja

Seriously no one knows how to do this?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
BBFanboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulele_ninja View Post
Seriously no one knows how to do this?
Put your phone on speakerphone, then use a tape recorder (or suitable hi-tech replacement) and record both your voice and the person you are talking to.

What your doing now is having audition act as a bluetooth headset, but it does not have a microphone or is not able to pick up audio from both sources and pass through - a program could be made that does that but I don't know of any.

The blackberry cannot pick up and pass voice through multiple devices at the same time - including its onboard devices.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
trucker_niall
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 254D8CC4
Carrier: Orange UK

there is another option, install the widcomm bluetooth drivers, they are available here; LINK

TO do this you will have to uninstall the guff MS drivers, heres how; LINK

if you have a mic attached to your PC you can now use your PC as a handsfree for the BB, MS drivers dont support voice, but the Widcomm do. (trust me, mine annoyingly defaults to this when I try to bluetooth images to the PC).

Then use a recording program, such as Audacity, which has the ability to record all soundcard activity, whilst having your convo!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #5
ukulele_ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker_niall View Post
there is another option, install the widcomm bluetooth drivers, they are available here; LINK

TO do this you will have to uninstall the guff MS drivers, heres how; LINK

if you have a mic attached to your PC you can now use your PC as a handsfree for the BB, MS drivers dont support voice, but the Widcomm do. (trust me, mine annoyingly defaults to this when I try to bluetooth images to the PC).

Then use a recording program, such as Audacity, which has the ability to record all soundcard activity, whilst having your convo!
I already have the Widcomm drivers installed that came with my device.

In Cool Edit, when I go to inputs I have the option of using either the bluetooth microphone or bluetooth input. Both connections work for recording the other parties audio but neither record mine.

I have an audio interface I use to record with, its the TASCAM US-144 and I have a condensor mic plugged into that, but is there a way to make cool edit/adobe audtion/audacity see both inputs? Or do I need to plug a mic straight into the mic input on my computer?
Old 11-02-2008, 07:06 AM   #6
trucker_niall

OK uke_ninj, heres what i would do, dont try to record the actual inputs/bluetooth audio, pair your BB with your PC, then connect it, and use your PC as a handsfree device for your BB, if you mke a call now, you will hear the sound from your PC speakers, plug your mic into the same soundcard as your speakers, and then use audacity to record the soundcard activity, it will grab both sides of the conversatioin...
Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
ukulele_ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker_niall View Post
OK uke_ninj, heres what i would do, dont try to record the actual inputs/bluetooth audio, pair your BB with your PC, then connect it, and use your PC as a handsfree device for your BB, if you mke a call now, you will hear the sound from your PC speakers, plug your mic into the same soundcard as your speakers, and then use audacity to record the soundcard activity, it will grab both sides of the conversatioin...
I know how to pair to my comp, but how do I tell it I want to use it as a handsfree device?
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
trucker_niall

good question! my BB does it automatically!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #9
ukulele_ninja

Ok more progress today.

I figured out how to arm two tracks with two different inputs, one being my BB via BT and the other being my audio interface with my microphone.

The problem still remains that I cant speak to the caller. Does anyone know if the headphone jack on the BB works during calls? If so how do set this up. That could solve my problems by simply running the headphone out to my interface.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #10
ukulele_ninja

no other ideas?
Closed Thread