Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Zulu_Zagg

Model: 7130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cricket
Cool invisibleSHIELD Questions and Comments:

Please Login to Remove!

Hi I am an employee of Zagg and am here looking for questions or comments from anyone interested in our products or a customer of ours.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
clevebb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint always

Wanna give some samples out?
Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
infernalaanger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I currently use the InvisibleShield screen protectors on my 8310 and my wife's 8100. Excellent products, very happy with the results.

However, I have not had a chance to try out the full body protection for any products.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
mededitor

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu_Zagg View Post
Hi I am an employee of Zagg and am here looking for questions or comments from anyone interested in our products or a customer of ours.
I had a full-body InvisibleSHIELD on my BB 8830. I found that the "seams" where the pieces met were uncomfortable when I held my BB---I was very aware that there was a seam. I removed the side-rail protectors within a few days because no matter how much I adjusted them, there always was a hard crease at the top or the bottom of the side-rail protector where the shape of the rail rounded out. Finally, I found that dust/lint tended to catch at the seams; not a lot, but enough to bother me.

I purchased three InvisibleSHIELDs for my phone because I blamed the problems on my application of the protector. After the third failure, I decided that my application wasn't totally at fault. I just didn't like the way the InvisibleSHIELD fit my BB, the "fit" was very slightly off for certain areas of the housing and I wasn't happy with it.

Theoretically, I love the idea of the InvisibleSHIELD, but in practice it wasn't quite as "invisible" as I had hoped.

I hope this helps.

Verizon BB 8830 (with full black housing and keyboard)
It's a beautiful thing.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
BlitzSix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I'm a customer, I got the invisible shield on my bold right now..

It's fine, no problems, everything is great... but to be honest, I'm more of a bestskinsever guy.

Zagg is just extremely overpriced...I can buy 3 skins for the price you sell one for. And the whole case you guys ship it in with the squeegie (when your CC works fine) and the solution (soap and water works fine) is just a little excessive. Shipping takes much longer that way too vs BSE which just ships in a standard envelope.

But you do support more products than BSE so I'll give you that I guess.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

I have one of your screen protectors on my 8330. Reapplied it 5 times before I was semi-satisfied with its effect on the clarity of the screen. I still have a lot of pixels that get distorted, appear in RGB. I wish I had known the top surface wasn't smooth, but rather has a textured or scalloped look to it. The edges do collect dust but I assume any screen protector would have that issue.

I'd be happier if it had a smooth surface and when applied it actually was invisible.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
clevebb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Sprint always

Never mind, I don't want a sample based on the above reviews.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
a80baby

Model: 950

Like the above user, i purchased this product several times...i tried to use this InvisibleSHIELD 3 or 4 times..To be honest it looks like crap, i was hoping but didnt expect it to be clear but its a lot worse then i thought it makes your screen blurry looking.. It is very annoying.. i regret spending the money on thething. The first time i tried it I put in on i took it off and reapplied it so many times to get it to look good it had finger prints (i sprayed my fingers per the instructions) and dust and whatever else...

The second one I got I purchased the full body one and again like the above post the seams were uncomfortable and they looked stupid...I finally got the screen part on OK, but it didnt stick so it would peel and get stuff under it anyway!! bottom line after 3 days i took the whole thing off... once something gets stuck on it the thing is useless.. dont waste your money

Last edited by a80baby; 11-06-2008 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
nchavez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: ATA
Carrier: T-Mobile

Based on everyone's thoughts -- I don't think the OP was ready for all this... I personally use BSE and find it to be great, sorry OP...
Old 11-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
scottieg59

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Have it on my 8320

I just installed the shield on my 8320 and it actually turned out ok, though the instructions were not the best. Going to you website helped. I was a careful as I could be and, still, I did get a small spec of dust under the screen edge. I really can not see it unless the light is just right. I am glad I bought the extra spray bottle, since I had to do a bit of repositioning. So far I am pleased with the results.

Still, I do not think this is for people of average hand eye coordination. Your videos make it look too easy.

Thinking I figured out the process, I decided to install the shield I bought months ago for my tablet computer. What a disater that was. It was impossible to get it right and it was slightly to wide and not quite tall enough. I had to remove it countless times and retryed to position in. It kept getting wrinkles and either sicking too soon or sliding when I wanted it to stick. I was afraid it was about to destroy the screen each time I had to remove it to try again. I stopped trying and just accepted the inadequate result.

Homer Simpson had an easier time making his backyard grill.

Do you guys offer an install service. I would consider paying for it rather than trying again.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #11
thenewguy821

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I personally have the Bodyguardz full phone coverage on my phone. Same durability as the Invisible shields, with no blurriness on the screen. There is a noticable "Edge" on the phone due to the side protection, but this is a small inconvenience. The Bodyguardz are cheaper as well. You get 2 complete sets for the same price. This will come in handy, in the unlikely event that the original set becomes scratched, you can install the 2nd set, while you send in fro the free replacement.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #12
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by a80baby View Post
To be honest it looks like crap, i was hoping but didnt expect it to be clear but its a lot worse then i thought it makes your screen blurry looking..
Hmm, you're doing something wrong. I've applied a number of Invisible Shields without blurry screens. The application process does take some getting used to though.

The main problems that I've had is that dirt and gunk accumulate at the edges but I don't know how this could really be fixed. Also, if you use a full body kit with a holster in some cases the leading edges begin to peel back. In all cases, I've always been able to request a replacement no questions asked.

Last edited by takeshi; 11-10-2008 at 11:08 AM..
Old 11-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #13
Coyot21

Model: 8130

I have used the invisible shield on several devices including cell phones, Palms, GPSr's, and my Pearl and Curve.

I don't find the installation difficult, but you do have to pay attention to what you are doing when installing them, both so that they are applied straight, and so that there are minimal bubbles.

My main issues with Shield Zone, is their customer service responses, price compared to comparable products(ie BSE), and that despite being "designed" for a product, the cut outs do not always fit correctly.

--Coyot21
Old 11-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #14
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I've been using the product on cell phones, ipods, psp and havne't had any problems. I just ordered two for a Bold and Curve.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
TaurusWriter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: US Cellular

I just applied the Best Skins Ever on my 8330. I have the full coverage. While application was challenging, it was not easy. I'm a perfectionist, and I not exactly happy with the placements. I thought all the Housing would be covered, but it's not, no matter how much I moved it around. And the edges are not smooth. However, my Curve is protected...
I assume all skins of this type would have these issues.
hmm, this sounds just like someone else's post, I guess....
Old 11-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #16
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu_Zagg View Post
Seems like all the concerns and questions that were solicited are falling on deaf ears anyway. Did you ever plan on coming back to see what was posted Zaggman??
Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #17
blackbandit18
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

got the full body coverage from zagg...so far no problems with my invisible shield..good product
Old 11-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #18
Swede
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

Ok, Bold user here, I'll take the sample, PM me where to send it to.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #19
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130

Almost hate to add to the direction of this thread, but...I've used BestSkinsEver on two BBs, an iPod, and two ENV2 phones...went great on all of them.

Compared to a friends InvisibleShield before and after application...no significant difference except price (InvisbleShield much more expensive).

Intend to keep using BSE...also very pleased w/their service. Sent an email to them once when an order got confused, and they sent me two free skins.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #20
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

I wonder if one could achieve better result by applying a Zagg / BSE / Ghost Armor / etc screen protector while the lens / protector were underwater? I've got a replacement housing coming for my 8330, the new lens I will want to protect; I'm not happy with the application results of my 1st Zagg, maybe applying one underwater would work better?