Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t
Default What I Like About the Pearl 8100

Please Login to Remove!

What I _Really Like_ about the Pearl is all the attention it is drawing to the BlackBerry Platform. This is nothing but positive as it drives up sales and attention to the brand.

At a time when there are so many choices of cell phones / smartphones / etc, it's great to see RIM get with the program and offer the Pearl which attracts a lot of attention as well as being a very excellent choice.

Another sign of their commitment to breaking out of the "business device perception" is the dedicated Pearl Web Site here: BlackBerry Pearl - Small, Smart and Stylish. Explore The New BlackBerry Smartphone

Very well done and as significant in changing the publics perception of RIM & BlackBerry as the Pearl itself.

I stopped at T-Mobile this morning just to take another look. I spent some time with the managers unit which was activated and not tethered to a display stand. This is an amazing model. The camera takes pictures that are quite acceptable. Certainly as good or slightly better than the competitions phones with 1.3 megapixel cameras. The call quality is very good and the overall interface is fantastic. The more I used the trackball the better I liked it although again, while it is just too small for me, I can see users with smaller hands finding it just right.

The Pearl is a very compelling choice. Even though I will not buy one for my own reasons, keyboard to small for me, etc. It will not be because it's not an excellent choice. And speaking of choices, I'm most impressed that now there are three distinct BlackBerry form factors from which to choose.

After just one week with my 7130c (my 1st BB) I was so impressed. That milestone experience, convinced me that I would be doing a lot more email handling on the BB platform that originally anticipated. So I went out and bought an 8700c for purposes of having both keyboard types to try and to have the larger horizontal display of the 8700 since I would be spending a lot of time in front of it.

I can endorse both of these fantastic devices as equals in terms of functionality yet different because of form factor. Like the Pearl it's simply a matter of personal preference.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
TMO Scott

Model: 7100

I love my Pearl. I had a Samsung T-809 before this which had many similar options; 1.3MP camera, bluetooth, MP3 player, etc. However, I was won over by the looks, size, and capability of the Pearl.

I didn't need a full-blown BB but something like the Pearl is perfect for me. I can access my personal email, text, listen to music, take candid pics, and make calls all from the same device. I'm extremely happy with is thus far and its only been three days.

BTW, this forum kicks arse too!
Old 10-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

I LOVE my 8100 and by your review, I know you will too! Get it!!
Closed Thread