BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
TLHord
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Get the Verizon Curve or wait for September Bold?!?

Please Login to Remove!

What does everybody think? I've got the Motorola Q now, and I'd rank it "stupid" at best. I'm going with a BlackBerry solution -- just don't know should I get the Curve now or wait for the Bold. All I'm trying to do here is get expert opinions.... what do you think?

Thank you so much-

T
Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #2
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHord View Post
What does everybody think? I've got the Motorola Q now, and I'd rank it "stupid" at best. I'm going with a BlackBerry solution -- just don't know should I get the Curve now or wait for the Bold. All I'm trying to do here is get expert opinions.... what do you think?

Thank you so much-

T
i have the curve now and i think it's great. the bold will be nice...but i believe there still isn't any official release date for verizon. you could be waiting very long, who knows. and in all honesty...the CDMA version of the bold probably won't have wi-fi or unlocked-GPS...so then there's not much difference functionality wise. the processor and on-board RAM will be better in the bold though, which would fix the lag issue with the curve when running several apps at the same time while web browsing.

if you truly wanted to wait...wait for the blackberry thunder. that will be a sick phone.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 35AABF91
Default never go with a smartphone

oh yea, also never ever go with a smartphone. anything running windows mobile is automatically a computer first, with everything else on the side. my friend has the "slide" from ATT with windows mobile 6 pro...and i'll tell you what, while he can do more while browsing such as flash, etc...my blackberry curve really is the more versatile device. yea...he has wifi, but it kills his battery real real fast. and in order to execute certain functions, he has to navigate through a ton of menus with that stupid stylus, including checking his email. windows mobile just comes with a boat load of crap which you will probably never use, and it seems a waste of on-board resources to run an inefficient operation system such as windows mobile. blackberry can catch up really fast...just add "flash" and a few other things, and then all of the features will be comparable and the blackberry will do everything quicker and more efficiently
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
heffman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

...id go with the curve. cdma bb's tend to take long to be released than their gsm counterparts. could be waiting up to a year from the gsm release for it to hit vzw stores. long time to wait...
Old 06-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

But heff cdma devices are already scheduled for this year and thats a first that new cdma devices were before GSM. So the tides might be changing for us CDMA folks. Yes I am sure GSM will be on top and thats cool. But I think RIM is starting to realize they can surely gain CDMA folks quick as well. Maybe even quicker, Since we don't get that many cool gadgets why not capitalize on the particular market.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
chocodove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (8330)

Get the Curve for now. I hope we don't, but pattern has been waiting for new devices for a looooooong time. I'll be first in line when the Bold pops up, though.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
JEGO82
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telcel

wow you posted this same topic 3 times?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
heffman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

@ dawg

...agreed. the gap between cdma and gsm is closing, however i think that its probably too little, too late b/c vzw is moving toward changing to a gsm based technology. soon enough, there shouldnt be any wait any more. which will be nice.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
TLHord
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
i have the curve now and i think it's great. the bold will be nice...but i believe there still isn't any official release date for verizon. you could be waiting very long, who knows. and in all honesty...the CDMA version of the bold probably won't have wi-fi or unlocked-GPS...so then there's not much difference functionality wise. the processor and on-board RAM will be better in the bold though, which would fix the lag issue with the curve when running several apps at the same time while web browsing.

if you truly wanted to wait...wait for the blackberry thunder. that will be a sick phone.

Very helpful -- thank you for being kind
Closed Thread