Old 12-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
BayshoreTommy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: 317AF8EC
Carrier: Verizon
Angry TMOBILE to CINGULAR...

Please Login to Remove!

I have quite a few Blackberry's from Tmobile, we have switched to Cingular with our company and I dont want to just throw all of our Tmobile Blackberrys in the closet never to be used again.

The Tmobile Blackberry's seem to recognize the Cingular SIM and picks up the phone number, but would not connect to the network.

Is there a way to unlock the phones to use with Cingular?

We have called Tmobile and gave them the IMEI numbers and they sent instructions and a code to unlock but issue above keeps happening.

Any ideas or advice would be helpful?

Thanks,
Tommy
Old 12-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

We have a few sponsors here that unlock Blackberries. I can personally recommend:

GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do

None are free. To have them unlocked for free, you'll have to consult Tmobile. I'm not sure how accomodating they'll be since you're not a customer anymore, though...

Hope that helps.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #3
BOHIC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayshoreTommy
I have quite a few Blackberry's from Tmobile, we have switched to Cingular with our company and I dont want to just throw all of our Tmobile Blackberrys in the closet never to be used again.

The Tmobile Blackberry's seem to recognize the Cingular SIM and picks up the phone number, but would not connect to the network.

Is there a way to unlock the phones to use with Cingular?

We have called Tmobile and gave them the IMEI numbers and they sent instructions and a code to unlock but issue above keeps happening.

Any ideas or advice would be helpful?

Thanks,
Tommy
If you've followed the instructions and removed the SIM lock on the phones, it could just be that the Cingular network in your area requires the 850 band and your T-Mobile BlackBerry handhelds don't have that band. What model(s) are they?
Closed Thread